Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2020 Yaris GR no carplay/android auto enable

imcahos

Hello

Just got my hands on one, but there is no way to connect Android auto, tried all the cables but seems its not "activated" or installed into my MM17?
Is there way to activate it somehow, my toyota dealership dont now how to

From memory the MM17 for the Corolla/Rav4 were subject to an update that installed Carplay and Android Auto - however the update was a chargeable update either standalone (in the UK £120 (Corolla) or £150 (Rav4)) or cheaper when done with a service.

Don't know whether Toyota have produced or will produce a similar update for the GR. You need to check with your Toyota importer rather than your dealer.

Moved to the Yaris GR/GRMN forum.

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2021 at 1:45 PM, imcahos said:

Hello

Just got my hands on one, but there is no way to connect Android auto, tried all the cables but seems its not "activated" or installed into my MM17?
Is there way to activate it somehow, my toyota dealership dont now how to

There is a separate multimedia guide as per the attached for the GR which Toyota didn't share with owners for some reason.

Try the basics 1st, uninstall & reinstall Android auto, try a different cable as some cheap ones will only charge your phone and not allow transfer of data that is required for Android Auto to work. In mine, I simply plug my phone in to the car, press the menu button and Android Auto is there as an option. Once you select this, you should have access to all of your apps such as Google Maps, Waze, Spotify, etc. etc.

I have not heard of any GR's needing any kind of update to the head unit to install or activate Android Auto.

GR Yaris Multimedia - OM52L14E.pdf

• Like 1

If you have the Nav option you dont get Android Auto/CarPlay, the UK doesn't get the Nav option but Europe do

11 minutes ago, flash22 said:

If you have the Nav option you dont get Android Auto/CarPlay, the UK doesn't get the Nav option but Europe do

All GR's have Apple Car Play & Android Auto as standard regardless of whether you have Nav or not (which was only available on the convenience pack as Toyota Touch 2 with Go Navigation).

If you have the Circuit Pack car, like 95% of cars sold in the UK are, then you won't have Toyota Nav so will have to use maps, waze, etc. via Apple Car Play & Android Auto

The OP doesn't state their location specs can vary greatly depending on the market

3 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The OP doesn't state their location specs can vary greatly depending on the market

Fair point and I am just talking specifically about the UK market 👍

A wild guess, i would say the op is Finnish or Greek, but the world is a big place 😉