Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Aygo 2012 semi automatic

Emma97

Hello,

Recently I have been experiencing a beeping noise when accelerating. There is no warning light on the dash board. I believe it has something to do with the clutch. It never used to happen, but has only occurred recently. It was bought from the main Toyota dealership. It is under warrantee, but am only able to get it looked at earliest being 3rd November. Has anyone else had the same problem. I am concerned my car is unsafe to drive. It is my first car and have only had it four months and it has low mileage being (34,400 miles). I drive to and from work most days that being 4 miles altogether. Can anyone tell me if it is a problem with the clutch will this be covered, or do I have to pay extra for this? Any help is much appreciated.

-Emma 

Difficult to say - is the warranty a Toyota Approved Used warranty or a third party warranty?

Having said that regardless of the warranty, as it has been less than 6 months since you bought the car, you will have some cover under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 - see:

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act-aKJYx8n5KiSl

It is Toyota warranty, but I’m worried about driving my car with this beeping noise.

Sounds like your clutch is giving up. Hope your warranty covers that.

Emma, I would take the car to the Toyota dealer where your warranty is and ask them to take a look as you are very worried. Don’t wait until Nov 3rd

Duplicate topic deleted.

I heard there is an alarm on the clutch that seems to work when it's overheating. I would be surprised if you hear it / if it's overheated after such a small distance of 4 miles driving already. That would mean it's not a start of being worn out but rather being worn out completely.

There's nothing wrong in asking a Toyota dealer to check it.

If it needs to be replaced : it seems they can put in a larger clutch plate which lasts longer.
If you would get a new one, ask your dealer how to drive so you will avoid wasting the clutch. Info could be found on internet too but slips my mind now.

3 minutes ago, haelewyn said:

it seems they can put in a larger clutch plate which lasts longer.

The larger clutch from the Yaris was a standard production fit from 2009. So a 2012 Aygo will already have the larger clutch.

Doubted about the year...   Sorry bout that.

I would think it's going out rather fast but it's known to do like this, not ?

It wouldn't be the first semi automatic to need a clutch on this mileage ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links