Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touch2 with Go Autumn 2021 update available

Heidfirst

I am currently downloading (slowly) from Toyota server ... For my system it is 6.18.0L

p.s. remember to back up your contacts/locations etc. before installing - just in case 😉

I have 3 year mapcare & connected services (£199). 5GB for my system.

Does anyone know if this update includes any improvements or changes to the software this time, or is it purely just the maps?

I was looking for some release notes / version info but couldn't find anything.

16 minutes ago, AJones said:

I believe its just the maps Andy and vehicle software updates are normally done at the dealership. 

It is both software and maps, but the software appears identical (same file sizes and no change to interface once installed) to the spring release (6.17.0L). I bought my car in July this year, and then bought the "3 year map care and services" from the My Toyota website (£119 back then) to update the software and maps, and give me 3 years of future map updates. I downloaded 6.18.0L earlier this week (thanks for the heads-up Heidfirst) and installed it. It's pretty easy to do yourself using a USB flash drive, but you can ask a dealer (and presumably pay them) if you wish.

4 hours ago, AJones said:

Does anyone know if this update includes any improvements or changes to the software this time, or is it purely just the maps?

I was looking for some release notes / version info but couldn't find anything.

Andy, what do mean by improvements to the software? I don't think we'll ever get an improvement to the software installed on the Avensis, just map updates. I hope I'm wrong but I think we've been left behind now. 

9 hours ago, estate said:

Andy, what do mean by improvements to the software? I don't think we'll ever get an improvement to the software installed on the Avensis, just map updates. I hope I'm wrong but I think we've been left behind now. 

As Nick (Cessna) says, the map update files contain both the latest software for the navigation unit and the latest mapping files and it updates both when you install it. Some of the updates over previous years have included improved versions of software, typically fixing bugs or making small improvements to the user interface or software.

Yes I doubt that there will any significant improvements to the software as these navigation units have now been replaced with a newer design, but might still be some small bug fixes to come.

My car is an early 2015 tourer. When I bought it in July no map or software updates had ever been installed. It definitely had a bug in that it would sort of freeze when entering some postcodes, but not others. It was not happy with London postcodes starting with E or W, but ok with Birmingham and Manchester ones. There may have been others, but those are the ones I tested. You could type the E or W followed by the first digit, but then it would sit there with all the letters and numbers greyed out. That was fixed when I installed 6.17.0L, and the user interface received a significant overhaul too.

quick question mine is a 2014 toyota avensis with toyota touch 2 headunit im wondering do i have to update my maps all works as it should but im not  sure do i have to pay for updates or dose it come with the car plus do these headunits have any faults as lost maps and have to load back on again. do you guys think i should make a backup of the way my headunit maps etc is on the car incase by some mad thing and maps get wiped 

Can someone help?

I'm a new Yaris hybrid 2019 owner but cannot seem to see the required "activation code" it asks for when it begins the update the maps using the USB stick. I have free updates until 08/2022.

Can someone please point me to where i would find this specifically?

6.18.0L is on my USB ready to install but I'm stuck when it asks for this validation key.

the car was purchased 2nd hand a few weeks ago but has never been updated seemingly.

Do this to get the activation code Gabriela:

• Login to My Toyota and go to the Toyota eStore at https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eStore
  • Click on "Purchases" in the menu near the top of the screen.
  • Under "Active", click on "Map update 6.18.0L..." or similar, which will expand to show more information.
  • The activation code is on the fourth line down and will probably consist of four blocks of four characters (for example ABC1-2233-XYZ4-M7M7). There's a little "i" in a circle, and if you click on that it should confirm that it is the activation code and you need to use it when updating the system.

Hi Cessna,

Thanks so much for replying.

So I have checked and re-checked your procedure above but there is a problem.

Once I get to your 3rd step things don't match up. My list of active products shows only "Mapcare Yaris - Yaris (starting xx/xx/xxxx , expiring 29/08/2022)" nothing else in the active list is relevant.

Once expanded it shows a red Toyota logo and Mapcare - Receive Free Map updates, Device ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is an installation help button in  black with only shows help for generalised application installs (useless) and an 'i' icon simply telling me what the installation help button does.

EDIT: If I choose to purchase 11.18.0L update from the e-Store it states clearly that, whilst I can purchase it for £119.00 it is provided free via Mapcare which it seems i already have - since it says it's free and it has allowed me to download the entire 5GB file. 

OTA upgrades dont work either even though my car is registered fully online and via the Touch 2 Go Toyota login using bluetooth internet.

Has anyone else updated their system from the free 3-year mapcare plan or has everyone just literally bought the product online via e-store for which im assuming Cessna's intructions match up?

EDIT 2 - Never mind i think I figured it out! - foolishley I didnt realise I needed to 'purchase' each map update (for a price of £0.00 lol) 

Typical that i cannot do so due to "some problems with our system right now, please try again later" - I assume, when the system allows the 'purcase', I'll be able to follow Cessna's instructions fully...perhaps.

Grr - why on earth did it let me download the map in the first place if i have to purchase it?

1 hour ago, ggrosicka said:

Hi Cessna,

Thanks so much for replying.

So I have checked and re-checked your procedure above but there is a problem.

Once I get to your 3rd step things don't match up. My list of active products shows only "Mapcare Yaris - Yaris (starting xx/xx/xxxx , expiring 29/08/2022)" nothing else in the active list is relevant.

Once expanded it shows a red Toyota logo and Mapcare - Receive Free Map updates, Device ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is an installation help button in  black with only shows help for generalised application installs (useless) and an 'i' icon simply telling me what the installation help button does.

EDIT: If I choose to purchase 11.18.0L update from the e-Store it states clearly that, whilst I can purchase it for £119.00 it is provided free via Mapcare which it seems i already have - since it says it's free and it has allowed me to download the entire 5GB file. 

OTA upgrades dont work either even though my car is registered fully online and via the Touch 2 Go Toyota login using bluetooth internet.

Has anyone else updated their system from the free 3-year mapcare plan or has everyone just literally bought the product online via e-store for which im assuming Cessna's intructions match up?

EDIT 2 - Never mind i think I figured it out! - foolishley I didnt realise I needed to 'purchase' each map update (for a price of £0.00 lol) 

Typical that i cannot do so due to "some problems with our system right now, please try again later" - I assume, when the system allows the 'purcase', I'll be able to follow Cessna's instructions fully...perhaps.

Grr - why on earth did it let me download the map in the first place if i have to purchase it?

Quick update - I used my phone to 'purchase' the map update and i can now indeed see the actvation code as Cessna described.

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

Gabriela, There are some websites that are really easy to navigate through, unfortunately I don't think Toyota's website falls into this category. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, 2009joe said:

quick question mine is a 2014 toyota avensis with toyota touch 2 headunit im wondering do i have to update my maps all works as it should but im not  sure do i have to pay for updates or dose it come with the car plus do these headunits have any faults as lost maps and have to load back on again. do you guys think i should make a backup of the way my headunit maps etc is on the car incase by some mad thing and maps get wiped 

There isn't any particular need to update the maps if you don't want to, but they will of course go out of date as roads layouts change. Recent Toyotas have come with three years of free map updates when new but on older cars you have to pay for them. I've never heard of the later headunits such as Touch 2 'losing' the map files, but I don't think there's any way of backing up the files from the headunit as such so it's academic anyway.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 10:04 AM, yossarian247 said:

There isn't any particular need to update the maps if you don't want to, but they will of course go out of date as roads layouts change. Recent Toyotas have come with three years of free map updates when new but on older cars you have to pay for them. I've never heard of the later headunits such as Touch 2 'losing' the map files, but I don't think there's any way of backing up the files from the headunit as such so it's academic anyway.

thanks i have tried to back up my maps encase in the headunit looses them as i put in a sd card and there was option that let me back up them 

Just now, 2009joe said:

thanks i have tried to back up my maps encase in the headunit looses them as i put in a sd card and there was option that let me back up them 

Ah interesting, I didn't realise that was possible. 

14 minutes ago, yossarian247 said:

Ah interesting, I didn't realise that was possible. 

na dont think it is but would love to back them up if i could .my toyota touch 2 headunit dont give me a option to back my maps up