Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris MPG Update.

Bernard Foy

Due to the colder temperatures and very short journeys around our hilly town roads the mpg on our mark 4 Yaris has dipped to 62.61mpg. I would expect it to reduce a little more as winter settles in to this most northerly part of Ireland. How are you guys doing in more milder parts ??.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am down to around 58-59mpg from been 62mpg for the last few weeks. Soon expecting to go even further down close to 50 as always had been in winter season for me. 

• Like 2

I managed just over 80mpg yesterday, today was a disappointment, only mid 70’s.

• Like 3

I just filled up so that's good timing! Tank average indicated is 77mpg, calculated 74mpg. Still don't know how that's happening as that's with me lugging a boot full of tools all week, and includes a weekend trip to Milton Keynes and back with some fairly weighty friends! :laugh:

The twisty bits of A5 are such a joy to drive on in this car compared to the old one! :biggrin: 

Total 427 miles covered, 26 litres to fill.

• Like 2

I have noticed that my mark 4 yaris  has reduced by approximately 5 mpg from 66 to 61 in the last two fills.

This has coincided with the introduction of E10 fuel. 

I do not know if this has any connection but I am going to use E5 on the next fill just for comparison.

• Like 2

I have seen a reduction too, but it's been gradual since summer so I figured it was more likely just the reducing temperatures.

I don't think E10 should affect the Mk4's noticeably as they would have been tuned to run primarily on E10 unlike older cars.

• Like 1

A guy from Eastern Europe on Youtube has managed to get 101 mpg out of a MK4 Toyota Yaris Hybrid on quite a long round town drive. This is the guy who once got 84 mpg on a similar journey last year which made me consider getting one.

I haven't got 101 mpg yet from mine, but did get over 90 mpg once on a 5 mile drive. I think it's possible to do what he's done, i think over 80 percent of his journey was done with the petrol engine not operating.

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

I just filled up so that's good timing! Tank average indicated is 77mpg, calculated 74mpg. Still don't know how that's happening as that's with me lugging a boot full of tools all week, and includes a weekend trip to Milton Keynes and back with some fairly weighty friends! :laugh:

The twisty bits of A5 are such a joy to drive on in this car compared to the old one! :biggrin: 

Total 427 miles covered, 26 litres to fill.

That’s still pretty good mpg.👏. Mine was 330 miles covered and 23.97 litres to fill.

I’m sure grateful for the Yaris high mileage, petrol here is €1.66 per litre. That works out at €7.53 per gallon, and in today’s budget it’s getting another price rise at midnight tonight 😡😡🚘.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mikw said:

A guy from Eastern Europe on Youtube has managed to get 101 mpg out of a MK4 Toyota Yaris Hybrid on quite a long round town drive. This is the guy who once got 84 mpg on a similar journey last year which made me consider getting one.

I haven't got 101 mpg yet from mine, but did get over 90 mpg once on a 5 mile drive. I think it's possible to do what he's done, i think over 80 percent of his journey was done with the petrol engine not operating.

Wow that’s some high mpg 👏👏, he must have had a strong wind behind him😂🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

I’m sure grateful for the Yaris high mileage, petrol here is €1.66 per litre. That works out at €7.53 per gallon, and in today’s budget it’s getting another price rise at midnight tonight 😡😡🚘.

E10 (95) was 1.574€ yesterday, and E5 (95) about 1.63€. Hard to justify 6 cents a litre difference, for marginal possible improvement in fuel economy.

This was at the Auchan supermarket some 25 km away, if I am driving by, I fill up there. I measure the difference in price between there and the village in terms of the number of coffee machine (What else ?) capsules I can buy ! Since it was only 14 litres yesterday, I managed 1 capsule ! 

• Like 2

Ah ha! I have also seen the video now!

Interestingly, this is on 16" rims with Continental EcoContact 6 tyres - The last time he did a similar journey and only ("only") got 84mpg, but that was with 17" rims and the OEM Bridgestone Ecopia tyres...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Interestingly, this is on 16" rims with Continental EcoContact 6 tyres - The last time he did a similar journey and only ("only") got 84mpg, but that was with 17" rims and the OEM Bridgestone Ecopia tyres...

Look at this beautiful country, looks like AONB , everything so clean, tidy and in order. 🇵🇱👌

• Like 1

Mines drop a tad to the high 50's (58-62 mpg) need to check my tire pressures tho, the Ni-MH don't like it too cold

• Like 2

@TonyHSD - I'm sure your part of the country looks just as nice on a sunny day! :laugh: 

@flash22 - For a Mk3 that's still !Removed! good at this time of year!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

It seems the smaller wheels are better for both economy and ride comfort. 101 mpg is incredible really. I've matched his 84 mpg and exceeded it once, but don't think i'll get to 101.lol

That’s never going to happen where I live. But it shows what is achievable given the favorable weather conditions and terrain.👏👏

• Like 2