Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Between Prius and e220d


Lok
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am steel between 50% Prius and e220d 2018 mondel . Both are economy service I don't know . ( I used to drive only mercendes ). What's the best for me I cover 4 times in the week 160km on motorway what do you thing it's the best for me and for my pocket?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imo the Prius will give better mpg (unless you are driving everywhere at 150kph) & be more reliable over time. Have you tried driving a Prius & an E220D as I would imagine that there is a a somewhat different ambience/experience?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't drive yet Prius but I saw a lot of videos 2018 model. The problem it's to find what it's the best for my case because I am everyday in motorway around 160km per day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

Imo the Prius will give better mpg (unless you are driving everywhere at 150kph) & be more reliable over time. Have you tried driving a Prius & an E220D as I would imagine that there is a a somewhat different ambience/experience?

I didn't drive yet Prius but I saw a lot of videos 2018 model. The problem it's to find what it's the best for my case because I am everyday in motorway around 160km per day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you will be better with the Mercedes. You been on this forum for a number of weeks now (since the end of August), you have asked. Many questions on the forum and private messages, been given very good honest answers, said many times how much Mercedes and similar cars have cost you, you have been on YOuTube etc, expressed your liking for the Toyota hybrid concept, but you are still so much unsure. You must be mentally drained thinking/worrying, so just stick with what you know has worked for you in the past, despite it being a drain on your financial resources.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well said Joe👍 
This is the easiest answer to the op question., better for him will be the Mercedes but better for his pocket obviously will be the Prius. 
One more thing, the Prius it’s smaller car than e class , simply cannot compare together, the Camry it’s the car that can only be compared with e class from Toyota and I am sure it will be as good as Merc or even better and will deliver 50mpg with sensible drive., plus last forever 👌

8E4A30F6-0E45-4D33-8AC0-CF5A14112C4D.jpeg

0DE171C7-CE71-4F30-A6C9-309464BE9492.jpeg

FB644333-3399-449B-9D22-766BB72FFEC9.jpeg

1DA665DD-2B03-444E-A7DF-93AA11C57AC6.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2021 at 8:57 AM, Catlover said:

I think you will be better with the Mercedes. You been on this forum for a number of weeks now (since the end of August), you have asked. Many questions on the forum and private messages, been given very good honest answers, said many times how much Mercedes and similar cars have cost you, you have been on YOuTube etc, expressed your liking for the Toyota hybrid concept, but you are still so much unsure. You must be mentally drained thinking/worrying, so just stick with what you know has worked for you in the past, despite it being a drain on your financial resources.

It may sound tedious just how many suggestions I get before buying will help me.  I just see the same people answering me. But thanks for your help .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2021 at 9:57 AM, TonyHSD said:

Well said Joe👍 
This is the easiest answer to the op question., better for him will be the Mercedes but better for his pocket obviously will be the Prius. 
One more thing, the Prius it’s smaller car than e class , simply cannot compare together, the Camry it’s the car that can only be compared with e class from Toyota and I am sure it will be as good as Merc or even better and will deliver 50mpg with sensible drive., plus last forever 👌

8E4A30F6-0E45-4D33-8AC0-CF5A14112C4D.jpeg

0DE171C7-CE71-4F30-A6C9-309464BE9492.jpeg

FB644333-3399-449B-9D22-766BB72FFEC9.jpeg

1DA665DD-2B03-444E-A7DF-93AA11C57AC6.jpeg

Thanks my friend for your answer . I know I don't compare it's 2 different cars that's will it's difficult my disision what it's the best for me to buy . Both it's around the same price

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Lok said:

It may sound tedious just how many suggestions I get before buying will help me.  I just see the same people answering me. But thanks for your help .

That is probably you posted in Prius Club, the right section for sure but not all forum members know about Prius and don’t visit the Prius Club.
 I feel “lonely” at times as I think I the only Prius owner that posts regularly. In the past a forum member complained because I was posting in Corolla Club. The fact is all the Toyota hybrids have Prius DNA in them, so in some way I can add to other Clubs on here, even Aygo because the wife had a Citroen C1, which is the same as an Aygo and Peugeot 107. Other Toyota models have 4 wheels so I can talk about them as well in some way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lok said:

Thanks my friend for your answer . I know I don't compare it's 2 different cars that's will it's difficult my disision what it's the best for me to buy . Both it's around the same price

Best to book a test drive for at least 20 min and see for yourself how is to drive a Prius and make comparison between the cars. I personally love the Prius and the only reason I don’t drive one is that at the time I purchased  my Toyota hybrid which is more or less the same, the Prius was £3-4k more for the same specs. German cars are quieter, softer, more refined especially on motorways but they don’t last at all and cost fortune to maintain and repair. Prius is the best car for high mileage drivers, no doubt here, just check if you like it how it drives 👍

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2021 at 1:04 AM, Lok said:

I didn't drive yet Prius but I saw a lot of videos 2018 model.

You gotta try one out for yourself, any Toyota/Lexus hybrid. I could never go back to owning a manual diesel.

Though as others have said, a Camry or Lexus ES would be more comparable to an E-Class

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah no one can answer your original question because different drivers want different things.

The automatic hybrid drive is very nice and smooth driving around town and in heavy traffic, the engine stopping when not required makes them a quiet and relaxing car to drive, efficiency is very good even when driving in town. Perfectly good car.

But I have to say they are not as responsive as a diesel with a manual gearbox, if you want lots of instant torque and fast acceleration then you can't beat the control of dropping a gear and putting your foot down in a diesel. The hybrid drive just doesn't respond as fast, it doesn't have that same quick, torquey response which can be handy in some situations.

Depends what you as the driver want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went from E220D to Corolla.  I can see your dilemma. The E220 should return around 45 mpg.  It is solid, stable and comfortable at motorway speeds. I sat perfectly comfortable at 160 kph for an hour very relaxed. 

I love the Corolla, calm, relaxed, easy to manoeuvre. Noisy at high speed, reduced luggage capacity. 

Horses for courses 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share





×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership