Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Corolla Waiting time

Mahmood Mirza

I am told that new orders for Corolla waiting time is nearly 16-18 weeks. Is this normal ? 

10 minutes ago, Mahmood Mirza said:

I am told that new orders for Corolla waiting time is nearly 16-18 weeks. Is this normal ? 

Mine was delivered in 6 weeks but I guess it will depend on specification and even the colour to an extent.

To be honest thats not bad, certain brands are 6 to 12 months depending on spec levels. also they are reducung all the options to to minimise the semi-conductors.

Thanks. Timings I reckon are uncertain because of semi-conductors as well as supply chain. 

Heard from a friend yesterday that it is AT LEAST a 12 month wait for a Jaguar XF. The prices of used cars have increased quite a bit as a result. My 19 plate Corolla TS Excel has gone up by at least £2k in the past 3 months since I purchased it. 

• Like 1

Nothing is normal at the moment when it comes to buying new stuff. Supply chains are all jammed up and some products and raw materials are in short supply.

• Like 1

I thought I read that Toyota have reduced production because of the global supply issues of components due to logistics and micro chip shortages. I sell electric blinds, and Velux have virtually discontinued electric blinds so they have enough micro chips for their electric windows. I know a customer of mine has ordered a Ford back in May this year and was quoted February next year for it.

I believe Toyota faired fairly well at the start of the pandemic because due to the Tsunami and nuclear power plant disaster in Japan, they stocked up on components, so last year they got back up to speed fairly quickly. Now everyone is struggling. Makes you appreciate what you have, and when you get new, celebrate more.

• Like 2

Ordered a TS design with pan roof on the 9th Sept with expected delivery on 10th Jan

Yeah it seems pretty bad. Ordered mine on 21st of September, was promised mid December delivery to Spain. 2.0 TS top spec (called Advance in Spain) with luxury package (Sunroof, leather, head up display and rear heated seats) 

I originally wanted and was quoted for the same version with Sunroof but now the only way to get sunroof is to get the luxury package. As a result it is about a grand more which isn't too bad I guess.

Also been checking MyT app religiously and it hasn't even appeared there yet.

14 hours ago, Timmon said:

I thought I read that Toyota have reduced production because of the global supply issues of components due to logistics and micro chip shortages.

I believe this is exactly it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58266794

The company will make some cuts in August at its plants in Japan and elsewhere.

The bulk of the cuts - 360,000 - will come in September and affect factories in Asia and the US.

In the UK, Toyota has a car plant at Burnaston, in Derbyshire, and an engine plant on Deeside. In a statement, it said: "Toyota is going to great lengths to minimise the impact of the semi-conductor supply shortage that is globally impacting the automotive industry.

"In terms of our UK production operations, we are currently operating as planned at both plants."

The aim for Toyota as a whole is to make up for any lost volume by the end of 2021.

And the Toyota Press release: https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/36003677.html

I think i was probably lucky as mine was already in production before this was announced and took about 6 weeks.