Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alphard Undersealing

Eric140253

We have had our 56 plate Alphard 3L MZ-G for for some 4 years from an importer in the shadow of Heathrow Airport (?). We didn't consider the underneath at that time and have only just got around to sorting it. Living in North Somerset there are not a lot of options so eventually we went to Moore's Motorcars in Clevedon. They confirmed that the van had NEVER been treated with underseal from new! Understand that the roads are treated differently in Japan but my vehicle had not received any preservative treatment from the factory (or since). NO underseal AT ALL! So beware, Alphardians, get that underneath done pronto!!!! I had the full works, with cleaning, preping, 2 / 3 different Dinitrol layers, inside the open box sections (a lot of them in the Alphard!), inside all the doors, and the engine bay. It wasn't cheap but we now have confidence that the underneath and cavities are thoroughly sorted. For details of the work done, message me and I will give you the details.

Alph Underseal 1-6.JPG

Alph Underseal 1-9.JPG

Good advice...I had my Estima treated as part of the purchasing deal 6 years ago..I was able to inspect the underside prior to purchase and it was SO clean and free of rust etc...so it was a good decision and is still as good today, with no rust and 6 continuous MOT's passed without advisory.

I would always insist on underside treatment for ANY Japanese imported vehicle....They usually come very clean underneath as road salt isn't generally used in Japan.

looks a good job.