Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can't browse forum when not logged in!

Cyker

I've just noticed you can't browse the forum anymore when not logged in! The search sometimes works or sometimes displays a page titled "Sorry you don't have permission for that" containing 

----------

Whoops!... an error has occurred!

Hey, We hope you like the Toyota Owners Club? 

To view more Toyota goodness, please register (IT'S FREE! and takes 30 secs ) for loads more unrestricted Toyota content. 

Fewer adverts, more content and you'll be part of the UK's leading Toyota community!

Register

(Error code: DP45GVLM001/1 )
The content is either unavailable or you need to be logged in to view the content.

Sign in now or Register to the club.

----------

and none of the forums are accessible!

Clear your cache/cookies or use an in-private, Incognito, private window or what ever your browser uses

Must have been a forum glitch; Seems to be working again now!

• Like 1

I've managed to replicate the issue by:

1) Log out and close all instance of browser

2) Open browser, make sure no cookies or something are logging you into the forum (Or use incognito mode)

3) Go to Latest Posts

4) Open a few posts - After opening a few posts it displays the message in the original post and no further browsing is possible until you log in.

• 2 weeks later...

My laptop crashed so I tried to browse the site on my tablet, and both my tablet and my laptop (Once it finished rebooted!) were unable to browse more than a couple of things on this forum before it started blocking access. Is this just how it is now then? No browsing the forum without logging in?

We're going to lose a lot of new members if they can't see what's on here to make it worth their while to log in/create an account... unless we're just relying on twitter/facebook tracking logins...?

Hi

You will need to make sure you are logged in to see the forum. 

@Cyker I also noticed you were not in the right rank group for the amount of posts you have, Not sure why that was so i placed you in the "Established member" rank which should give you a better experience when logged in. The forums work on a "more contributions, less ads" basis, so you are in the highest rank now. Hope this helps.

As for the block not attracting members, this is not the case, we have actually seen 5 fold increase in member sign ups and also more posts and topics created daily now. So even though as harsh as it is, by them registering they get a better experience (less ads) and as now part of the club actually start to participate, which is what the club is all about. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links