Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2021v2 Map Update now available

Beta

The latest map 2021v2 is now available to download.

• Like 2

And, unbelievable though it seems, they've actually made it more annoying. I had to click two checkboxes on their ridiculous T&C not helped by having to scroll both the web page (the pointless image of the woman occupies more than my entire laptop screen!) and the T&C separately. They make good cars but they don't have a clue about how to design and operate an eStore.

But on the plus side, as usual, I get an invoice for naff-all + no VAT emailed to me for something that was free. Well done, Toyota.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm just on two hours now downloading and at 10.2 GB of 12.3.

Hi I have gone on to the map updates on the e-store and it wants to charge me £119 for the update I thought it was free map updates for the first 3 years from the date of registration 

1 minute ago, Leo63 said:

Hi I have gone on to the map updates on the e-store and it wants to charge me £119 for the update I thought it was free map updates for the first 3 years from the date of registration 

Just click on it as long as you have your head unit registered you wont be charged, just make sure they have not got your card details first just to make sure. As AndrueC says you will get a receipt for £0 and £0 VAT.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Leo63 said:

Yes it should be don’t know why they are asking for £119 I would email customer services

Done it thanks now getting error on check out which is saying problems with our system right now please try again later. 

I will try again tomorrow 

12 minutes ago, Rosgoe said:

Yes it should be don’t know why they are asking for £119 I would email customer services

Yeah just click on it anyway. It'll show up as free on the next web page. Another great bit of web design. I'm just copying mine to the USB stick now. Can't remember if it needs the FMU folder or not.

Edit: Ah, looks like FMU is needed on the stick.

Edit 2: Apparently transferring to USB is slower than downloading. It's a mad, mad world!

Just finished downloading to laptop 2hr 35 mins, I'll unzip to usb tomorrow, probably another hour for that then more than an hour to install in the car, good job it's free I couldn't be doing this if I was paying.

I'm still copying to USB after unzipping. I'm not sure what's going on. It's a new USB 3.0 stick and my laptop is stuck on USB 1.1 speeds. I've resorted to copying the files up to my server because that's faster in the hope that my server can write the USB stick at decent speeds.

I really hope I'm not going to be stuck with another stupidly long update in the car like the one I had when I used a hard drive.

I set my hare running last night, took around 2 hrs to download which is respectable for a 12Gb download.  Garmin, with the same map cover is around 2 Gb. 

Started unzipping at 7.30 just 1 hr 20.

I had deleted the 2021 v1 data but left the FMU folder. 

Next joy will be up dating the car. 

I cannot imagine the joy at shelling out £119 just after the 3 year point has passed, and setting aside a day to do it. Bring back DVD Updates. 

I used to buy an update DVD before a long journey, say in Europe.  Then sell the old one on eBay to an Afghan taxi driver in Manchester. 

• Like 1

Map update in the car took about 1hr15.  The option to delete countries was not given (2020 Corolla). 

Validation took 2-3 minutes which was a bit unnerving.  Once the update began the update circle and the clock stopped, also unnerving until I saw the steps, out of 21, increasing. The hybrid Battery was discharged to 50% at the end of the process. 

I did a quick route check.  It seemed that the pause between display of route options was a little longer.  The speed cameras were shown on the map but a different symbol.  It is now a warning triangle with a speed dial in black on a yellow background. 

Bottom right, below the map, a plus sign and camera symbol for adding a camera.  I have seen this before and have yet to find out how it works when driving.  Is there any feedback to Toyota or is it just a local display? 

23 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Bottom right, below the map, a plus sign and camera symbol for adding a camera.  I have seen this before and have yet to find out how it works when driving.  Is there any feedback to Toyota or is it just a local display? 

I think the plus sign and camera symbol is for coyote if you have it installed it’s free for a month then £34 a year I think.

I found it comes on if you start coyote from the apps installed and have bluetooth tethering on, on your phone .

Edited by Rosgoe
More info

Just done a journey.  The overview map camera symbols reverted to the camera image.  The overview map remained for about 5 seconds.  The Specs cameras are not shown. 

After downloading it tried unzipping direct to the USB - and it was quoting me over two hours!! I cancelled that and unzipped to the desktop and then transferred to the USB. All done in 20 minutes. It doesn't speed up installing it to the car though! 😞

6 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Just done a journey.  The overview map camera symbols reverted to the camera image.  The overview map remained for about 5 seconds.  The Specs cameras are not shown. 

Just done a night journey the map display seemed better defined and something I had not noticed before, the map was visible underneath the border at the bottom and the journey data on the right.  Visible but not usable.  There may be a way of changing the transparency. 

I also found the add camera icon but it is only visible if there is no route in use. 

10 hours ago, Roy124 said:

something I had not noticed before, the map was visible underneath the border at the bottom and the journey data on the right.  Visible but not usable.  There may be a way of changing the transparency.

That's always been the case.

AndrueC, thanks, admit it's the first time I noticed it.  Also that B camera plus sign is not there after all. 

Slight digression, neither is Android Auto.  It was restored by the garage two weeks ago.  It was there, I used it, now it has gone again. 

Clearly not the lead. It's now there for audio or maps.  The only change was installation of 2021v2. 

Don’t want to create a new topic, but how do you get warned about cameras? Do you have to have to engage gps so that the system pulls the information about cameras on the way?

Some advice please. I have updated my satnav on this car and my previous car (rav4), so I think I know how to do it. With this update (2021V2) I have downloaded the files from MyT, unzipped them, copied the correct files to a blank formatted USB stick but when I insert the USB stick into the USB slot on the dashboard I get a message saying "checking the USB etc" and then nothing happens.  I have tried with another USB stick and the same happens. Can someone confirm that I have the correct files please, the one I have are FMU_PONCF3_1.iso, FMU_PONCF3_2.iso etc. The unzipped files for 2021V1 were in the format of FMU_PONC94_1.iso etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Maxi9 said:

Some advice please. I have updated my satnav on this car and my previous car (rav4), so I think I know how to do it. With this update (2021V2) I have downloaded the files from MyT, unzipped them, copied the correct files to a blank formatted USB stick but when I insert the USB stick into the USB slot on the dashboard I get a message saying "checking the USB etc" and then nothing happens.  I have tried with another USB stick and the same happens. Can someone confirm that I have the correct files please, the one I have are FMU_PONCF3_1.iso, FMU_PONCF3_2.iso etc. The unzipped files for 2021V1 were in the format of FMU_PONC94_1.iso etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

What have you called the folder on your USB that you copied the files to, did you it call it FMU ?  Have you deleted everything else from the USB?

Didn't call it anything Les, just copied the 5 files to the root directory. The USB was freshly formatted, so empty.

2 hours ago, Maxi9 said:

Didn't call it anything Les, just copied the 5 files to the root directory. The USB was freshly formatted, so empty.

You need to either drag the folder FMU containing the 5 files onto your USB or create a new folder called FMU on the USB and then move/copy the individual files into it.  The validation process is looking for the FMU folder, if it can't see it or it's called something else expect a failure.  I've just been out and updated mine and it worked first time.  Validation took about 2 minutes before it asked for my code to proceed.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice, will do as you suggest and try again tomorrow.