Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coyote

PAISLEY1903

Coyote  shows within e store as being active but when I actually click on coyote within apps it says "hello, please go to my.toyota.eu to subscribe for Coyote". anyone been there with this !

It’s free for a month then you have to subscribe £34 a year I think have tried it and I wouldn’t bother.

• Like 1

I haven't tried it, wouldn't miss it, and won't bother. Who really needs speed camera alerts anyway? 😉

On my new PHEV 2021 I’ve got Coyote nd installed as you sound like you’ve done. I got exactly the same message and then after awhile it was magically registered nd I could use it.  When I tried to go to the Toyota.eu it was a dead site, I did try to research it but then it sorted itself, I guess when it looked and found my Toyota registration details nd then linked the app.  There is a downloadable manual on how to set it up I’ll find it an post.

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

Cheers Ernie, Yeah I have that , I have it installed and its active but when I actually click on Coyote in APP section that's when I get that issue.  I do get camera warnings, I do get it saying its installed and active but when actually click on it.. that's when it says I need to subscribe despite it all working.  strange !

9 hours ago, PAISLEY1903 said:

Cheers Ernie, Yeah I have that , I have it installed and its active but when I actually click on Coyote in APP section that's when I get that issue.  I do get camera warnings, I do get it saying its installed and active but when actually click on it.. that's when it says I need to subscribe despite it all working.  strange !

There does not seem to be much logic but at least it's working.

• Like 1

I'm confused! Are there two different systems in the car. I've installed Coyote and on the display it says expires sometime in 2022. But also get the go to toyoto.eu site if I click on it. On the My Toyota page it gives me the option for 1 month free subscription or 12 months for £37. Now I do get speed camera alerts but I don't get anything on screen that looks like anything in the quickstart guide attached.

I also see that on the map page, I get a picture of a speed camera with a plus symbol which I presume is to report a camera location. However, it seems that if you have coyote installed and active, that should be replaced with the coyote logo.

So I'm taking it that I've installed Coyote and thought it was working but it isn't until I subscribe or activate the trial in My Toyota. 

Also in the purchased section of the apps in My Toyota, it shows "Cyclops mobile cameras" as purchased and installed. Maybe that's what I'm using thinking it was Coyote. Too many options, it's baffling!

Coyote_User_Guide.pdf

I lost my speed camera info after about a month, also around the time I did my first map update, OTA. 

If I zoom out on the map it shows cameras, but none show up when I'm driving. I've tried various things that have been suggested on the forum, but have never been able solve the issue.

9 hours ago, Saxacat said:

I lost my speed camera info after about a month, also around the time I did my first map update, OTA. 

If I zoom out on the map it shows cameras, but none show up when I'm driving. I've tried various things that have been suggested on the forum, but have never been able solve the issue.

I clearly don't know what is the issue in your case ...

I don't believe that doing an OTA map update has any detrimental impact on the effectiveness of speed camera alerts via the built-in navigation system. I have done OTA updates on both my car and my wife's C-HR (same navigation system) and we both continue to get speed camera alerts. I have subsequently done a full USB update on mine - and still get camera alerts.

I do not have Coyote installed (unless it is installed 'invisibly'!). Looking through my 'purchases' in the E-Store there is no evidence of Coyote. There is, however, a copy of Cyclops Mobile Cameras installed the day I picked-up the car - so installed by the dealer - and valid for three years. I have no way of knowing whether the speed camera data the satnav is currently using comes from the map update or from that Cyclops install. I'm tempted to suspect the latter.

... that may not help any but it is at least how I think things stand with me.

• Like 1

So I thought I'd try clicking on the 1 month trial and can confirm Coyote now works and you get the screen like in the user guide. You can set it to auto start in the setup -> online settings.

It might be interesting to play with for a few weeks but dought it is something I'd pay for after a month. At first look, I can't see it gives a great deal more than the built in locations or Google Maps/Waze.

Unless you're really inquisitive, I wouldn't bother.

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

I clearly don't know what is the issue in your case ...

I don't believe that doing an OTA map update has any detrimental impact on the effectiveness of speed camera alerts via the built-in navigation system. I have done OTA updates on both my car and my wife's C-HR (same navigation system) and we both continue to get speed camera alerts. I have subsequently done a full USB update on mine - and still get camera alerts.

I do not have Coyote installed (unless it is installed 'invisibly'!). Looking through my 'purchases' in the E-Store there is no evidence of Coyote. There is, however, a copy of Cyclops Mobile Cameras installed the day I picked-up the car - so installed by the dealer - and valid for three years. I have no way of knowing whether the speed camera data the satnav is currently using comes from the map update or from that Cyclops install. I'm tempted to suspect the latter.

... that may not help any but it is at least how I think things stand with me.

When I did my map download the other day, I was able to see other downloads which included, like you, a Cyclops Mobile Camera install, starting on the delivery date and valid for 3 years. I've no idea why the cameras have just disappeared! I only mention the OTA update, as that is the only thing I have done; I've not changed any map settings or system settings, so I'm at a loss.

In clutching at straws mode, I did the latest map update via USB and later today will be driving past some long standing speed cameras, so will see if anything shows up.

Since updating to 2021 v2 mps mine is pinging even in places where there is no obvious camera so I’d assumed this was now warning of mobile sites.

I now have the speed cameras back 😁. The OTA must have somehow removed/disabled them, updating the map via USB seems to have restored them.