Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris Design availability

StreetHawk

I’m so impressed with my Corolla hybrid that I’m looking at a new Yaris Design with pan roof for my wife, has anyone seen one in a showroom anywhere? Ideally blue or red! 

All my enquiries so far are saying factory orders arriving from Feb 22 onwards but my wife’s car will need to be replaced before then. 

In Autocar of 13th October, Toyota said there was no stock of new Corollas - perhaps the same applies to the Yaris.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, StreetHawk said:

I’m so impressed with my Corolla hybrid that I’m looking at a new Yaris Design with pan roof for my wife, has anyone seen one in a showroom anywhere? Ideally blue or red! 

All my enquiries so far are saying factory orders arriving from Feb 22 onwards but my wife’s car will need to be replaced before then. 

If you have the current car on lease or PCP speak to your finance company they will be able to extend your contract till you get the new car

you may have trouble finding the exact car/colour to look at, unless a dealer has one in stock

• Thanks 1

Thanks both, yes quite possibly there isn’t any stock of the model I’m after, can see a few other models but I don’t think the dealers spec many showroom cars with the pan roof. 

Her current car is owned outright but has a gearbox issue and is getting worse so looking to change asap. Thanks for the suggestion though. 

5 minutes ago, StreetHawk said:

Thanks both, yes quite possibly there isn’t any stock of the model I’m after, can see a few other models but I don’t think the dealers spec many showroom cars with the pan roof. 

Her current car is owned outright but has a gearbox issue and is getting worse so looking to change asap. Thanks for the suggestion though. 

Hi, 

in this case and if you pay cash or on personal finance you can look for ex demo or anything in stock currently there are few adverts on auto trader, you may even get something for your old car as part ex, currently it’s crazy time to buy a car new or used but if you lucky you may strike a good deal 👌

• Thanks 1

Thanks Tony but the new one will be on the 0% finance offer so needs to be unregistered. 

May drop the pan roof option and go for a standard Design as looks to be a few of those around. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StreetHawk said:

Thanks Tony but the new one will be on the 0% finance offer so needs to be unregistered. 

May drop the pan roof option and go for a standard Design as looks to be a few of those around. 

I think they've made more design models as these were expected to be the most popular model

• Thanks 1

Stock is pretty poor, I put an order in July, expecting a September date but I'm still waiting. The MyT app doesn't even show the car yet, though not sure how much of that is the Dealer not doing something right or Toyota. 

• Thanks 1

@Campblor Probably Toyota, I ordered in 31st August in France, and my car wasn't trackable until last week. My dealer said that Toyota had stopped (Yaris) notifications because of the factory slowdown. The factory was closed longer than normal, that is more than the usual two week shut down in August.

Don't worry, but you'll have to be patient, the notifications will show up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They may have all gone but Listers Cov had a batch of 20 Yaris at end September, one of them is now the wife's

• Thanks 1

Thanks all..

I’ve found one car which is available in a couple of weeks but it’s in grey which is not our preferred choice and only a tiny discount from list which is understandable. 

Also I popped in to one of my two local Toyota dealers just for a quick chat regarding availability and they had a lovely blue Design in the showroom glistening under the lights.. I asked if it was sold he said no, great I thought.. then came the answer that it wasn’t for sale! Having previously sold their showroom and demo cars they were all now locked for the foreseeable and not for sale. Was quoted April/May for a factory order. 

Crazy times when the dealers can’t get you a car for 6 months or sell you any of the ones they do have..

• Like 1

Nick, you probably read on here or elsewhere there is a worldwide shortage of chips, not only for cars but computers, mobile phones and lots of other electronic goods. It is said the shortage could run into 2023.

Considering the above it’s understandable that dealers want to continue to take orders and having a model in the showroom for potential customers to look over.

1 minute ago, Catlover said:

Nick, you probably read on here or elsewhere there is a worldwide shortage of chips, not only for cars but computers, mobile phones and lots of other electronic goods. It is said the shortage could run into 2023.

Considering the above it’s understandable that dealers want to continue to take orders and having a model in the showroom for potential customers to look over.

Yes, I know all the reasons why this has come about and can understand the need for a showroom with cars in.

Felt quite sorry for the salesman, he seemed exasperated with the current situation. 

On 10/18/2021 at 8:39 PM, StreetHawk said:

Thanks all..

I’ve found one car which is available in a couple of weeks but it’s in grey which is not our preferred choice and only a tiny discount from list which is understandable. 

Also I popped in to one of my two local Toyota dealers just for a quick chat regarding availability and they had a lovely blue Design in the showroom glistening under the lights.. I asked if it was sold he said no, great I thought.. then came the answer that it wasn’t for sale! Having previously sold their showroom and demo cars they were all now locked for the foreseeable and not for sale. Was quoted April/May for a factory order. 

Crazy times when the dealers can’t get you a car for 6 months or sell you any of the ones they do have..

That's what happened to me, take the grey one, it's actually a good colour. Looks great when clean, and it doesn't seem to get massively dirty if not washed for a while, just turns duller but doesn't show up the muck to bad.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all, yes the grey does look good but my wife wasn’t keen.

Had a change of plan now and bought a previous generation Yaris (2018) decided against having another PCP so bought her car outright again and went for a well priced ‘Icon’ from Cazoo. 

It arrives this Thursday so will be interesting to see what it’s like. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links