Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Fuses Are These ?

venomx

I bought some Mini blade fuses from Halfords earlier. Turns out they're the wrong ones.

I think the ones I need are called Low Profile Mini or Micro Blades ??, and not " Mini "

See the pic below. The red one on top came out of my car,  and the  Halfords ones in the box below are the ones I bought...

Instead of calling them LP minis, most places call them Micro blades.

These are the right ones aren't they ?... https://www.halfords.com/tools/fuses-electricals-and-fixings/fuses/halfords--assorted-led-micro-fuses-10-15-20-25-30amp-333567.html

20211016_182455.jpg

I think those pictured with the longer blades will fit but sit higher in the holder. I suspect those in the link are the correct type. My car is a Mk 3 and does use the low profile fuses.

• Thanks 1

The red one is a micro, if you look on Wikipedia

"LP-mini (APS), also known as low-profile mini. Unofficially, the "low-profile mini" fuse is sometimes incorrectly called "Micro" since the term means smaller than mini, but recently fuses using the Micro name have been released."

• Thanks 1

Halfords sell 3 packs of fuses for about £7

Amazon you can get a pack of about 100 of various different amps for about £8. Is it OK to buy them off Amazon ?

Thanks

Quality can be very hit and miss. the blades can be too thin or too thick - Halford or Halfrauds got that name for a reason, sometimes you can get decent deals tho

Euro car parts have half way decent items, click and collect is free

eg. https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/auto-bar-micro-blade-fuses-3-to-30-amp-10-BAR255

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Quality can be very hit and miss. the blades can be too thin or too thick - Halford or Halfrauds got that name for a reason, sometimes you can get decent deals

Euro car parts have half way decent items, click and collect is free, and they usually have good discount codes

Thanks ! Think I'll go for Halfords rather than Amazon as they're bound to be cheap chinese ones.

Halfords stuff isn't usually bad, just over-priced. You can get better stuff cheaper elsewhere for sure, but if you need something in a pinch and don't want to think too much they're not the worst place to go if you don't know a better local shop, or motorfactors as people call them for some reason!

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links