Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

After Servicing, Rear Interior Light No Longer Lights Automatically

frodojrr

Took my 2020 Corolla Hybrid in for servicing -- 10,000 mile. Now, interior lights, including the rear interior "dome" light, do not turn on automatically when entering or exiting the car. I cannot find the correct setting for the rear interior light in particular.

There are two settings for that light: 

1. switch toggled to the driver's right turns on the rear interior light all the time, 
  2. switch toggled to the driver's left sets, "When a door is opened while the front and rear interior light door position is on, the lights turn on," according to the manual.

Option 2 no longer works in my car, however. Thinking they did something when checking the lights. Have no idea how to set it back.

What setting am I looking for? Cannot find it.

TIA.

Hi, 

sometimes when car doors been left open for long time like when on service or annual tech checks like mot the interior lights can behave funny, what I usually do is turn them off, close all doors and lock the car. Then at the next use of the car I set them to position 2 to work while doors are open and the lights come back to normal operation. You may also check this black switch on each door if they operate as normal. 
Regards 

4EB0CAA8-D17B-432B-9AF9-A0B7986792BD.jpeg

• Like 1

Had the same with my lights but resolved by indiscriminate button pressing until it worked the way they dis before. I get somewhat annoyed the way they mess with a lot of settings during servicing like auto headlights  for example which I always need to check they are set.

• Like 1

There's a latching button in the ceiling labelled 'DOOR.' I think that's the one I had to play with when mine was delivered without the interior lights coming on. Might have to play with the one next to it as well.

I've found its well worth downloading the online version of the owners manual, because a lot of the information within is absent from the paper one delivered with the car. That's just a general observation, I'm not citing the interior light instructions as an example.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red_Corolla said:

There's a latching button in the ceiling labelled 'DOOR.' I think that's the one I had to play with when mine was delivered without the interior lights coming on. Might have to play with the one next to it as well.

I've found its well worth downloading the online version of the owners manual, because a lot of the information within is absent from the paper one delivered with the car. That's just a general observation, I'm not citing the interior light instructions as an example.

Thanks. Have the online version of the manual, will look for that button. Nice features, soooooo many ways now to tweak them. Sometimes I just want to drive my car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links