Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 T27 Valvematic problem

Mo_h

Hi. I have a Avensis 2012 TR valvematic approx 75000 Mileage. I have noticed since yesterday when braking the car seems to rev highly >2000. Any indication as to what it can be? Spark plugs?

On 10/17/2021 at 4:39 PM, Mo_h said:

Hi. I have a Avensis 2012 TR valvematic approx 75000 Mileage. I have noticed since yesterday when braking the car seems to rev highly >2000. Any indication as to what it can be? Spark plugs?

Any help please?

It's definitely not the spark plugs. 

Post more information about what is happening and you might get a more informative reply. 

1 minute ago, Stivino said:

It's definitely not the spark plugs. 

Post more information about what is happening and you might get a more informative reply. 

So when I am slowing down regardless of whether I am on a hill or flat road, I have noticed that there is a slight judder and the rev counter goes to around 2000/2500. Please let me know what further info you require

I've noticed mine 1.8 petrol did that same few times after I had to disconnect Battery, but I think ecu is re-learning driving style etc after that. In Your case I would propably clean MAF and also check if diagnostic gives any codes.

It's seems to be a Valvematic thing. My does it occasionally too. It is like the engine is compensating for the load, then revs up for a few seconds, then returns to normal idle. Almost like a sticking throttle but not quite. I have tried a few tricks, like change down and only dip the clutch before stopping. Another trick is when stopped, let the engine revs drop until normal idle. Then the engine behaves normally. I have done checks and cleaned the MAF sensor, and did the idle relearn with some success. If using air-con, it sometimes happens. 
As I said, it is a 1.8 Valvematic thing. If it is constant, I would plug in my diagnostics, then get live data to get some info. But it only happens once in a long while and I don't carry my diagnostics every time.  

I think mine had done it in the past but didn't think it was exceptional.

Perhaps a brake servo issue if excessive? 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links