Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Yaris TPMS Sensors

///MAZI

Swapped wheels to 16s with no TPMS sensors and no light has appeared on the dash which is odd??

Was going to remove sensors from old wheels and refit to 16s once I've had them refurbed but should I even bother....?

Pretty sure Tpms is a legal requirement for mot from 2012 onwards (may be corrected) the warning light should show when ignition is on for mot. Don’t know why the light is not showing an error ie: flashing.

TPMS became a compulsory fitment on all new cars sold in the EU from November 2014.

3 hours ago, ///MAZI said:

Swapped wheels to 16s with no TPMS sensors and no light has appeared on the dash which is odd??

How far away (physical distance) are the wheels you took off from the car? Remember, its bluetooth and it's possible that the car can still detect the sensors up to 10 metres away (30' in old money...). Also, the system is quite slow and it takes time for the car to realise that the sensors aren't talking anymore...

3 hours ago, ///MAZI said:

Was going to remove sensors from old wheels and refit to 16s once I've had them refurbed but should I even bother....?

Unless you plan on putting the OEM wheels/tyres back on (complete with TPMS sensors) each time just for the MOT because that is what you will have to do to get a pass.

Tpms senders are Active RFID range is about 1 meter, iirc they work on UHF 434Mhz - until the car actually moves it may not notice the sensors are not there, it could even take a few miles

you can not zero out the ID's in techstream to turn the light off either

If the light is on, it's a MOT fail

IIRC TPMS became compulsory as of 1st November 2014, and it was required on new models from 1st November 2012 (new as in a newly type approved cars)

• Like 1

Wheels are not even near my house, I am surprised the light has not came on at all. The car is in use!

*UPDATE*

Light has just came on after driving for a few days.