Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leak under car

Roy124

The other day I noticed a small patch of dried liquid under the car.  I swapped a plate under the car and a second near identical dried patch appeared. 

It is not under the engine bay or on the centreline.  It is under the NS Front seat.  I am not able to inspect the underside properly. 

When I can I will jack it up and look. 

Any ideas? 

Are you sure its not just the air conditioning system?

If the liquid is clear then it will be condensation that has exited the car via the drain pipe - perfectly normal.

• Like 2

Yes, ac drainage pipe goes exactly that way front passenger side and drips water close to the left suspension arm. , in hot summer days can even make paddle of water 👍

It's probably not advisable, but my old VW did this, i found out where the liquid was coming from, put some on my finger and tasted it, it was just water caused by a/c condensation.

I'm glad it was water for two reasons.....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mikw said:

It's probably not advisable, but my old VW did this, i found out where the liquid was coming from, put some on my finger and tasted it, it was just water caused by a/c condensation.

I'm glad it was water for two reasons.....

You should ask for a second opinion first 😁

"What do you think this tastes like?" 

Thus implying you had tasted it and want confirmation. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Roy124 said:

You should ask for a second opinion first 😁

"What do you think this tastes like?" 

Thus implying you had tasted it and want confirmation. 

Looks like it, smells like it, feels like it, tastes like it, thank goodness I didn't step in it (the old dog mess joke🙃)

• Haha 1

I must admit i got worried about this with my second car a nearly 18 years ago, it was the first one that had AC and i freaked out because i saw this wet/damp looking patch on the road under the car, i did go full "Due South" (the TV show from years ago where the Mountie tasted everything) and dabbed the ground with my finger at least to find out if it tasted like oil (and no i don't know what that tastes like), i then realised that the it was the AC condensing/drainage pipe and yes i felt like a complete idiot at the time but i learnt some valuable lessons

1) i'm not a Mountie

2) you shouldn't just randomly taste things on the floor even if it does happen on a TV show

3) it tasted of damp road

4) i still don't know what oil tasks like and nor do I want to

Hope this helps 😄

Edited by bewA
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, bewA said:

I must admit i got worried about this with my second car a nearly 18 years ago, it was the first one that had AC and i freaked out because i saw this wet/damp looking patch on the road under the car, i did go full "Due South" (the TV show from years ago where the Mountie tasted everything) and dabbed the ground with my finger at least to find out if it tasted like oil (and no i don't know what that tastes like), i then realised that the it was the AC condensing/drainage pipe and yes i felt like a complete idiot at the time but i learnt some valuable lessons

1) i'm not a Mountie

2) you shouldn't just randomly taste things on the floor even if it does happen on a TV show

Not without some defenestration anyway 🙂

Gotta say I loved that show.

• Like 1

Yeah that was a great show :biggrin: Thank you kindly!  :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Has been re-showing recently - think on Alibi (?).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links