Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater control light bulb

Kmac888

hi does anyone know how I can replace the bulb on my heater control its the centre dial bulb that has gone the other two either side are working (2012 Yaris 1.4d) thank you

s-l400.jpg

Moved to the Yaris club.

iirc it will be an LED not a bulb but i will need to double check that

Edit. yes it does use a bulb, the 3 controls and surround are just clipped in place

Bulb - 90010-01142 or 9001001142

Dont quote me on it but i think you can use a T3 LED

thank you flash - so I can just pry the panel off under the touch and go screen to get to the back of the controls.....hopefully without breaking any of the plastic clips

this is very strange.....I've just set off home (in the dark) and the middle dial bulb is working!!! all three are working. Maybe the bulb is on its way out and works intermittently?

Hit a bump in the road, and it comes back to life ? It's a filament bulb, so it may be on the end of its life

thank you for your replies Im going to try and remove the three dials tomorrow to get at the bulb....hopefully its straightforward just need to gently pry the plastic surround off!! 

on another topic.... I'm trying to find an oil filter removal tool , I've serched on eBay and Halfords with my registered number but keep getting different sizes. I know on the 1.3 petrol its a 64mm 14 flute but not sure about the 1.4 diesel (2012)????

That's a bit mangled, you will need a strap filter wrench to get that off and a new cap tbh

eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224115170249

1565033010 or 15650-33010 retail is £97 includes filter - aftermaket is about half that for the cap on its own

eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165066490338?epid=1916777494&hash=item266ebac1e2:g:nE0AAOSwgMFhPTNs

Looks about right, it's cheap even if it's an aftermarket item, it looks like an oem one

thanks for that - another job to do!!! as for my original post, the light on the centre dial will come on if I give it a tap - so maybe a loose connection......