Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Centre console knee rest pad

Nick72

Long drives recently. PHEV owner but this probably applies to the other 2019 plus RAV4s. Lovely comfortable ride except one thing. That centre console is wide and the hard plastic hurts my lower leg resting on it. I'm 6ft2 200lbs so need a bit of room. 

Looking at this (pic) but it is 58 quid from Amazon UK. There's a US Amazon one for a third the price including shipping but that could be LHD only. Looks the same as it looks symmetrical about a centre line.

Anyone got one?

SmartSelect_20211020-000046_Amazon Shopping.jpg

It does look like the shape is symmetrical so should work for RH drive.

• Thanks 1

I saw some on Amazon the other day. They are not model specific but probably do the job and are £11.99

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Looks interchangeable to me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huiye-Interior-Accessories-Console-concole/dp/B08LG2PTB5?th=1

I think this is the same - there is a picture of someone holding it in hand - doesnt look symetrical - not saying it wont work though - maybe the non symetrical is one to go on the door rather than center console

I suspect I will have the same issue so interested in seeing what you do!

• Thanks 1

Thanks each. I messaged ther seller.  See what happens. Definitely needs something and this looks like it provides the necessary coverage and doesn't look out of place. 

• 2 months later...

Sore knees, long legs, resting on the hard, too wide centre console? Most of the time there's no problem but on a 500 mile round trip it was getting annoying and the side of my knee was getting sore.

Found this knee pad originally on US Amazon for 30 odd quid or so but was concerned it wouldn't 'reflect' from LHD to RHD. Then found the RHD version on Amazon UK for 50 or 60 quid. Way too much money for some leatherette filled with foam.

Just found it on Ali Express. 14 quid plus 6 quid postage and tax. Will see what it's like when it arrives in a month.

@ernieb

Screenshot_20220116-175215_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Bit of an update. Just had notification from Ali Express that the seller failed to ship in time and therefore I can expect a refund. In 3 to 20 days! Wondering now whether this is a scam? 20 quid so no big deal but it is odd.

Damn looks way better than the rectangle one I’m waiting from eBay. Who would think a centre console shaped like that in harf plastic would be a good idea? 

• Like 1

Try the Amazon UK, if it fits on the left side too, return it and order the US one. 

If you are lucky, no duty to pay. 

• Like 1

Anyway, talking of comfort on long journeys, I find the left foot rest too narrow. 

• Like 1

There is an item from the same vendor called a door side pad, looks similar shape/function, much cheaper.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 7:40 PM, Nick72 said:

Bit of an update. Just had notification from Ali Express that the seller failed to ship in time and therefore I can expect a refund. In 3 to 20 days! Wondering now whether this is a scam? 20 quid so no big deal but it is odd.

Not a scam, you are protected by Aliexpress, so will get the refund, but it will take a few weeks. Happened to me a few months back, when seller could not send to UK and gave me a full refund.

• Thanks 1

I think I was hoping for a boomerang shaped for RHD padded stick on thing. Made to measure for the RAV rather than an out of place looking and limited coverage rectangular pad. And for 20 quid which seems reasonable.  Above 30 and that's probably unreasonable for me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links