Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot liner for my new shiny car

Deb 2305

Hi,  Tomorrow I’m saying goodbye to my CHR which has given me 2 years of joy and picking up a RAV4.  One of my 1st purchases will be a boot liner.  The dogs don’t go in the car, it mainly muddy boots and shopping. Ive looked online and it’s a minefield.  Where the heck do I go or look for? I’m not bothered (well, within reason) so spend a decent amount as long as I quality and value.  Any pointers gratefully received. 

21 minutes ago, Deb 2305 said:

Hi,  Tomorrow I’m saying goodbye to my CHR which has given me 2 years of joy and picking up a RAV4.  One of my 1st purchases will be a boot liner.  The dogs don’t go in the car, it mainly muddy boots and shopping. Ive looked online and it’s a minefield.  Where the heck do I go or look for? I’m not bothered (well, within reason) so spend a decent amount as long as I quality and value.  Any pointers gratefully received. 

Talk to your dealership when picking up your new RAV 4 you might be able to do a deal for one 

Thank you. It’s been a long day, I should have thought about that lol

5 minutes ago, Deb 2305 said:

Thank you. It’s been a long day, I should have thought about that lol

Deborah, when picking up the RAV4, the first thing to do when you see the car is open the boot and if there’s no boot liner in it. Show immense surprise, and argue that a car of that quality and price doesn’t have a good boot liner in it. And then start your negotiations 🧐👏🚘

Cheers, will do.  Made the mistake of taking hubby to buy and he’s rubbish at any form of haggling.  The car dealer I’m seeing is about 12 so I’ll bully him into something 😂 

• Haha 2

Moved to the Rav4 club.

Toyota's option

image.thumb.png.2c3610b404c613327af01eb3e05f342e.png 

1 hour ago, Bernard Foy said:

Deborah, when picking up the RAV4, the first thing to do when you see the car is open the boot and if there’s no boot liner in it. Show immense surprise, and argue that a car of that quality and price doesn’t have a good boot liner in it. And then start your negotiations 🧐👏🚘

Deborah, depending on your salesperson they may tell you to turn the boot floor upside down as it is rubberised on the reversible side of the the boot cover! On saying that I really hope you get them to supply the Toyota floor covering. I have it and it is pretty good. Good luck.

• Haha 1

The Toyota boot liner has a nice lip which is great for containing spills and muck others I’ve seen are just flat, worth considering?

• Haha 1

I'm still using a good one I had in my Discovery Sport. It's not a good fit so I'm looking to buy one too. A question I had for those that have the PHEV, I presume the same cover fits as the HEV? I know the bootspace is slightly smaller on the PHEV but assume it's the base is a little higher but the footprint is the same?

@nlee, no the boot liners are not interchangeable between the HEV and PHEV.  I ordered mine to be fitted when I picked the car up but the garage had assumed that it was the same fit, sort of fits but not correct so they ordered one on next day delivery and a guy drove to my house to drop it off.  The Toyota PHEV one does have the hole for the strap and crease in the cover to allow for access into the boot space without removing the cover.

34 minutes ago, ernieb said:

@nlee, no the boot liners are not interchangeable between the HEV and PHEV.  I ordered mine to be fitted when I picked the car up but the garage had assumed that it was the same fit, sort of fits but not correct so they ordered one on next day delivery and a guy drove to my house to drop it off.  The Toyota PHEV one does have the hole for the strap and crease in the cover to allow for access into the boot space without removing the cover.

Great advice @ernieb, I'm glad I asked the question. Have you got a link for it? I could only see one on the Toyota accessories webpage. Or is it a case of speaking to a dealership?