Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

UK - Clocks change Sunday 31st October.

FROSTYBALLS

Reminder - clocks change at 01.00hrs on Sunday 31st October. Clocks go back by one hour, and the UK returns to Greenwich Mean Time.

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/how-to-adjust-the-time-on-your-toyotas-clock/

I really wish they just left it alone.

They did for a while way back between 1969 & 1971, IIRC. However, the house of commons didn't care for the experiment and the summer/winter time arrangement was restored. In my view, it was a mistake to set summer time as the standard, rather than GMT. 

At the time, as I recall, the further north people were, the less they liked summertime all year round.

In other parts of the world, the Summer and Winter time arrangements vary, for instance South Africa doesn't (or didn't) change, and in the USA, Arizona doesn't change, but the rest of the country does.

Oh, and I almost forgot, the EU had agreed to reform the summer/winter time arrangements. This year was supposed to be the last time the clocks would change if so decided by each national government but Covid struck, and the legislation has been pushed back at least 3 years.

Edited by Stopeter44
Additional info

Wooo! Extra hour of sleep! :yahoo: 

And for the first time ever I have a Yaris I can just press a button to go back and hour instead of advancing the hour all the way around! :biggrin: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links