Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 Down Payment

atartan

Hi,

I ordered a Rav4 and I was asked to pay £1000 pound for the down payment. It seemed a bit accessive. Is it normal ?

Thanks

I was asked to pay £60.

As we drove away, having placed our order, we realised they/we had forgotten the deposit!

Not wishing to delay the order we popped back to the garage and paid it.

There’s a long story to our choice and order for our RAV4 but the garage we first went to wanted a £2000 deposit. The one we ended up at is a different branch of the same dealership!

We paid 500 deposit on both the RAV and the Yaris, and the three Fords we had before that.

Just felt like an appropriate sum, not too much, not too little.

£500 for me, but we have bought several cars from the same dealer over the years

Seems like they don't ask for much as a down payment in the UK. Our last two cars have been 2000€ deposit.

£0 for me. Deal done over the phone. Been going to the same dealer for decades. He said he trusted me when asked about a deposit. 

• Like 1

£1000 here but that was with a online discount company? Have purchased my last 3 cars this way and saved a fortune. This was standard deposit and I expected this.

Terry

Deposit was £500 but I only had to pay £99 to secure the car. I paid the rest when I picked it up. Not sure that's normal policy though.

Ordered last Monday at main dealer.  £0 deposit for me, expected £100 at least but no issue just sign the order form, no hassle, good PX with market proviso. 5 month wait...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links