Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P0354 after e10 fill up

2toyos

Hi, i have a 2007 1.6 petrol tr auris, I've no issues at all until i filled up Saturday from BP with the standard e10 fuel, the light came on 2mins after driving away, but went out 20mins after that, but came back today, i was under the impression the 1.6 is fine with the new fuel, im hoping its the fuel causing this light to come on

The car characteristics have not changed 

Anyone else experienced something similar??

Hi, 

the fuel might not be the reason but perhaps your coil on cylinder 4. Best to double check and swap the coils for example cylinder 4 with cylinder 3 and if the fault code return to cylinder 3 this time means you will need to replace that coil. If you your spark plugs are due best to change them together. The new E10 it’s ok however it’s not as good as previously E5 95 or 99 E5 which I prefer to use at the moment, the car drives much better, smoother and quieter, more power too. 👍

• Like 4

TonyHSD is right, it is wiring or coil on cylinder 4 issue. Try to swap it to ruleout wire or coil. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 8:28 PM, TonyHSD said:

Hi, 

the fuel might not be the reason but perhaps your coil on cylinder 4. Best to double check and swap the coils for example cylinder 4 with cylinder 3 and if the fault code return to cylinder 3 this time means you will need to replace that coil. If you your spark plugs are due best to change them together. The new E10 it’s ok however it’s not as good as previously E5 95 or 99 E5 which I prefer to use at the moment, the car drives much better, smoother and quieter, more power too. 👍

It hasn't came back, done few hundred miles and nothing, maybe didn't like something them particularly days

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 2toyos said:

It hasn't came back, done few hundred miles and nothing, maybe didn't like something them particularly days

Good news. Still, consider changing the plugs if they happen to be old or high mileage. Worn plugs puts more stress on the coils. Plugs are much cheaper than coils.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Red_Corolla said:

Good news. Still, consider changing the plugs if they happen to be old or high mileage. Worn plugs puts more stress on the coils. Plugs are much cheaper than coils.

I am, im just putting a shopping list together on europarts now 😂😂😂

• Like 1