Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2016 Mk3 Hybrid footwell lights

preperationlaunch

Has anyone added original footwell lights to a Mk3 2016?

I believe the 2014-2017 had them as an option, so I don't know if the loom will be there tucked away too.

Is there a part number anyone has?

Thanks.

Don't think it was an option on UK cars its a case of having a look in the car, i think the loom will be on the higher trim level - edit, trims S and G (G being the Excel in the UK)

Bulb part number is 81080-0D010 and there are 2 of them (2014 - 2020)

Give me a while and i will see if i can find any more info

• Like 1

Thanks, 

I’ve had a look under the dash and it looks like I’ve got the connector for it, at least on the passenger side. It has blue and teal wires going to it, so I’ll have to get my hands on a wiring diagram to see. 

The drivers one is located about halfway across the driver's knee air bay/cover

I don't currently have access to the info at the moment but can look up the wiring diagrams

I can't see it being much different from the Mk4 (just a pos and neg)

Ps. could you please update your profile, as it helps members greatly if you ask any questions

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, flash22 said:

PM on its way

Tremendous. Thank you. 

It is indeed the right connector.

For anyone needing to know, it was just wrapped up in tape against the loom below a couple of control units. 

I’ll get a couple of bulb units on order and see what happens. 

• Like 1

Had a look at the mk4 lights, they look the same - 81080-33280

Edit, it looks simple enough to 3D print, add 1 led and 1 resistor i can't see it being more the £1.50-2.00 at most to build, just a bit of time to draw it up in Fusion 360

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I'm waiting for local dealer to call me back, I think Toyota lists them at about 11 quid each.

Not the cheapest LEDs in the world, but it isn't horrendous if they just slot into place.

£10.something + VAT each in the end from the local Toyota dealer. Arrival beginning of next week, I'll update once I've fitted and tested.

Toyota Direct Parts quoted the same, but wanted postage as well.

The Ford ones were in excess of £50 each but they do look the old style interior light hence my Focus not having them added but was easy to enable in the software. I am tempted to do this one on my wife's Yaris Hybrid, if she want's it of course.

I wanted to add the power fold mirrors and rear electric windows but the switch wiring isn't there for either. No doubt this feature will be missing too.

It was so much easier years ago to add electric windows and mirrors.

• 3 weeks later...

Update after some delivery delays. 

Lights fitted and worked immediately, they just clip into the slots if you’ve got them and the cables are nearby. 

If I was checking now, I’d take off the drivers side panel with the TPMS button, there’s two screws and one push clip to remove it. If there’s a 2 pin connector taped up to the rest of the loom, that’ll be your wiring. 

The passenger side has the connector taped up to a big bundle of loom wires, but it’s the same connector. No screws needed for that side. 

It’s an upgrade that makes a surprising difference, especially with the black carpets. 

• Like 1

It's been on my todo list for a long while - you know how it goes, it gets bumped down the list by other projects

On 11/13/2021 at 1:25 PM, preperationlaunch said:

Update after some delivery delays. 

Lights fitted and worked immediately, they just clip into the slots if you’ve got them and the cables are nearby. 

If I was checking now, I’d take off the drivers side panel with the TPMS button, there’s two screws and one push clip to remove it. If there’s a 2 pin connector taped up to the rest of the loom, that’ll be your wiring. 

The passenger side has the connector taped up to a big bundle of loom wires, but it’s the same connector. No screws needed for that side. 

It’s an upgrade that makes a surprising difference, especially with the black carpets. 

I had a look on our 2018 one yesterday, I couldn't see anything that stood out. I saw something that was taped up in the loom above the passenger footwell/inner wing trim but didn't have enough access to undo it but what I could see didn't seem long enough to reach to the footwell light. It was a blue wire though.

I'll have to have a look again as I do fancy this upgrade.

19 minutes ago, ashmj said:

I had a look on our 2018 one yesterday, I couldn't see anything that stood out. I saw something that was taped up in the loom above the passenger footwell/inner wing trim but didn't have enough access to undo it but what I could see didn't seem long enough to reach to the footwell light. It was a blue wire though.

I'll have to have a look again as I do fancy this upgrade.

Mine didn't at first on the passenger side, it was held up right against it with white tape, and a two pin connector.

I'd check the driver's side by removing the two screws and the clip, you'll see it immediately by the TPMS button if it's there.

What trim level do you have?

• Thanks 1

What trim level do you have?

I have got no idea 😄

It's my wifes car, all I know is that it is Automatic, Hybrid and Red.

I'll have a look on the driver side tomorrow, thank you for the info 👍

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered 2, got them yesterday. The drivers side connector was, as you said, by the TPMS button.

Plugged it into the lamp but ours didn't work unfortunatley, oh well, they didn't cost that much and I still didn't find the passenger side connector 🍻

18 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Did you check for the fuse ?

Let me think, uhm .....no 🙂 , I don't even know where the fusebox is on this car.

It didn't cross my mind that they could be fused seperatley, on my Focus they had to be enabled in the software and those strip LED's you can get just worked as soon as it was enabled.

Oh well, out again tomorrow in the gales and rain and with the hoover.

I was out there that long today looking for the passenger side connector that even this little chap decided to help me.

20211127_142920 smallb.jpg

My mistake post edited above footwell lighting comes off the dome fuse (15A), have a look in the customization menu on the touch2 as the ground for the lights is ECU controlled

FYI the fuse box can be accessed under the dash in the passenger foot well, 3 clips and the panel drops down

5 hours ago, ashmj said:

I ordered 2, got them yesterday. The drivers side connector was, as you said, by the TPMS button.

Plugged it into the lamp but ours didn't work unfortunatley, oh well, they didn't cost that much and I still didn't find the passenger side connector 🍻

The passenger connector is in a weird spot, it’s bundled up to a big bundle of wires. 

I’ve only got this not particularly good photo handy. But it should at least give you a bit of a clue.  

It was attached to that big bundle of wires, behind it, using white electrical tape. From memory, it was quite far up towards the door too.

01E98570-0BE3-4226-A8DB-2AA79A05E651.jpeg

Thank you so much for the pic, I found it today. I could see those coloured wires but couldn't make out where they were going to or coming from, I can't believe how much of the loom was released after cutting through some insulation tape. I kept seeing a plug with 2 blue wires in it but not this one and I still don't really know where all that extra cabling came from.

Both sides plugged in, neither working, time to get hold of techstream. I did buy the mk4 ones though but cant really see the + and - being reversed but until I get the trusty multimeter on the case, I can't be certain.

A job for later this week, only option in the customization menu on the touch2 was the delay time for the interior lights.

I have read of similar issues with these not working after being fitted retrospectively on one of the Rav4 sites.

Thank you all for your replies, help and advice.

1 hour ago, ashmj said:

Thank you so much for the pic, I found it today. I could see those coloured wires but couldn't make out where they were going to or coming from, I can't believe how much of the loom was released after cutting through some insulation tape. I kept seeing a plug with 2 blue wires in it but not this one and I still don't really know where all that extra cabling came from.

Both sides plugged in, neither working, time to get hold of techstream. I did buy the mk4 ones though but cant really see the + and - being reversed but until I get the trusty multimeter on the case, I can't be certain.

A job for later this week, only option in the customization menu on the touch2 was the delay time for the interior lights.

I have read of similar issues with these not working after being fitted retrospectively on one of the Rav4 sites.

Thank you all for your replies, help and advice.

Does your overhead interior light come on and off with the doors?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links