Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen washer pump (front)

Sue France

Hello everybody, Delighted to join this forum. I have been a carefree owner of a Toyota since 2000. First a Corolla and now an Auris. Carefree, as nothing ever goes wrong - so I am currently at sea as my beloved motor has let me down. The front windscreen washer pump (reliably informed by Toyota it's OE part number 85 330 02030) has stopped working. The motor makes no sound at all. My problem is that my mechanic in France has now ordered 2 aftermarket replacements and I have ordered one - all have had to be returned as he says they do not fit despite the suppliers saying they are compatible. I am at a loss and so is my mechanic. Has anyone else had this problem? Thank you for any insights.

You can go to japan-parts.eu and enter your VIN there, then find the correct part number.

From a quick search based on parts number, and if i understood correctly, the part  number you have is for Auris from 2007 until 2009, but there is probably a new design also from 2009 onwards, so might have caused the confusion you are having.

UK built - 85330-02030

Jap built - 85330-02030

Jap built - 85330-71010

A quick google and these pumps are very different designs

UK VIN starts with SB or 1SB

Jap VIN starts JT

Thank you so much for your quick responses. I'll check this out and report back.

There's also a Turkish built Auris, that was exported mostly to Eastern Europe.

Western part usually has UK built ones, if you check the VIN.

50 minutes ago, furtula said:

There's also a Turkish built Auris, that was exported mostly to Eastern Europe.

Western part usually has UK built ones, if you check the VIN.

Found it, the Turkish built ones are saloon badged Corolla or Altis (E140 and E170)

The Corolla or Auris is Jap or UK built, not all specs were built in the UK

I remember when shopping for Auris, almost all were made in Turkey, based on VIN code. This is only valid from 2007 until 2012.

Few of UK made ones were imported from Germany or France mostly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

So checked the VIN - it was a UK model. With VIN entered on the parts site I ordered another part with same code as before, also given by helpful folk above and the Toyota main dealer I spoke to in UK and yet again, the mechanic says it doesn't fit 😧. He insists I have the wrong part and says my current one is a different colour - he says the part is all black but the parts I have ordered and re-ordered and returned which he says do not fit are grey and white. A breakers yard in Eire had a pump from same year as my car and that was black. Was going to cost a fortune to send with no guarantee so didn't want to risk it. Another breaker in Netherlands also shows my car year amongst the listing and his front windscreen water pump for sale is all black too.

Has my car fallen down a crack where there were a few that didn't have the 85330-02030? But a slightly different model? Anyone have any ideas before I risk this one from Netherlands... Thank you all.

hi sue

would you have a photo of the washer pump you need and also the washer pumps that you have returned

we maybe able to help you better with images.

Thanks for replying: Photos below are of one of the new ones I ordered with the correct OE number (grey and white) and the black one next to a grey and white in situ in the car in Eire. The chap at the breakers yard said it was the black one that was the front windscreen wiper one.

IMG_4635.JPG

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 11.42.37.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 11.43.25.png

IMG_4636.JPG

Hi Sue

from your pictures i have started to wonder if the colours are to

differentiate between the front & rear windscreen washer pumps

and maybe this could be the reason the ordered one isnt fitting

How odd ....... two thoughts. Does your existing defective pump have a part number on it? You could then use that info to acquire a correct used OEM replacement. Also is it possible to move your working rear pump over to replace your dud front pump? That would at least give you a road worthy car while you source a correct replacement pump?

My mechanic did say that he could swap them over but will need some modification and in France I might get away with just the front one working for the MOT equivalent but interesting to look at this one in screenshot below as it says it's for both front and rear screens but has a different OE number?

Curiouser and curiouser ... said Alice.

Might end up taking a gamble on the one from Netherlands at this rate or the one below if return postage provided - so far it's cost me over 30 euros in tracked packages x 3 to go back to supppliers.

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 10.07.54.png

As regards Turkish and UK built Auris - 3 door versions were built in Turkey, and 5 door versions were built in the UK. Both versions were sold in the UK and other markets - not just Eastern Europe.