Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY22 Corolla announced

Devon Aygo

Toyota published a bulletin regards upcoming MY22 Corolla today:

HB & TS

• MY21.5 Production stops December 2021 & MY22 Production commences January 2022, November production is fully allocated and only 12 spare slots still available for December production. Bi-toe options fully allocated so new orders will automatically be transferred to MY22 variant & TREK 1.8 fully allocated.
  • 2 x new colours Platinum Pearl white (089) & Silver metallic (1L0)
  • New Toyota smart connect standard from Icon Tech
  • Additional connected car functionality
  • TREK discontinued in current spec, MY22 will be 2.0 Tourer only with exclusive 18" alloy wheels, Black leather interior & Satin Chrome deco trim for dash & door, Chrome window surrounds & piano black door pull trim.
  • Hybrid badges removed for all models

Saloon

• Dates as per HB/TS however all 2021 production is allocated so any new orders will me matched to MY22 production.
  • New colour Silver metallic (1L0)
  • 17" alloys wheels to match MY21.5 Corolla design
  • Additional connected car functionality
  • Hybrid badges removed for all models

image.thumb.png.3b5160c375e67ea66ed1c4906d65cdd1.png

image.thumb.png.303f13eb39544d6d9a15b0114880916d.png

image.thumb.png.970e0bb81bc1c53a9b2c810c1144e2d8.png

• Like 6

'over the air' updates sound good.

'Hybrid badges removed for all models' .. hmm, cost saving or to deter cat thieves? My Corolla already has this feature, courtesy of some dental floss! 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trek model I liked as lighter interior seats. If read right all black leather? Oh I wish Toyota had more interior colour/leather, headliner options. 16 inch alloys as Icon Tech is what I would choose. Ride comfort more important than huge alloys and everything black!

James👍

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Auris James said:

Trek model I liked as lighter interior seats. If read right all black leather? Oh I wish Toyota had more interior colour/leather, headliner options. 16 inch alloys as Icon Tech is what I would choose. Ride comfort more important than huge alloys and everything black!

James👍

Yeah that was one thing I was complaining to them about with the Mk4 Yaris - It's silly that the top-end model has less colour choice than the lower models! And no interior choice at all - You get whatever the grade you pick has, no options at all! Ironically I'm the opposite to you - I much prefer a dark or grey interior to the every-mark-shows creamy beige the Excel spec saddles you with!)

The hybrid Badge thing is a bit sad, as I assume it's due to the cat thefts, but also made me chuckle - VAG usually charge for that kind of de-badging that Toyota is now giving us for free :laugh: 

@Devon Aygo - Is there any mention of how much the connected services will cost? I assume there is some initial free period, then the data connection will presumably attract an annual fee? I only ask as things like the £300 charge for satnav updates on older cars has put me off a lot of these long-term Toyota services... partly why I was not bothered that the UK-spec Yaris doesn't have satnav at all!! Would much rather use the android auto nav...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Devon Aygo - Is there any mention of how much the connected services will cost? I assume there is some initial free period, then the data connection will presumably attract an annual fee? I only ask as things like the £300 charge for satnav updates on older cars has put me off a lot of these long-term Toyota services... partly why I was not bothered that the UK-spec Yaris doesn't have satnav at all!! Would much rather use the android auto nav...

Maps, OTA updates and Data are free for four years, subscription there after no pricing listed as yet.

• Thanks 1

Doh! Well if you hear anything let us know! Thanks for the info as always! :smile:

Two items in particular caught my attention:

Additional connected car functionality - finally Toyota offers options for connectivity that are in line with what you already can see with many other brands. This no doubt will broaden the appeal of the Corolla. Noting this especially: "It offers crisp graphics and easier visibility in different lighting conditions, while its embedded SIM card provides a constant connection to online services. These services are included in the data package provided as part of the new car specification." Context here: https://mag.toyota.co.uk/what-is-toyota-smart-connect/

Hybrid badges removed for all models - I quite like the hybrid moniker on my 2020 Corolla HB. But recognising the growth in catalyst theft, I guess this must be a prime reason to do this - remove visual identifiers. Or maybe no longer a need to call out 'hybrid', possibly a marketing-driven decision?

Some nice little tweaks and a refresh on the MMU will be much needed, I look forwarding to seeing how that is when the models actually start coming out.

Any news on wireless charging and wireless Apple carplay/android auto?  I guess if it's not specifically mentioned then it's unlikely.

On 10/27/2021 at 9:45 AM, Luke717 said:

Hybrid badges removed for all models - I quite like the hybrid moniker on my 2020 Corolla HB. But recognising the growth in catalyst theft, I guess this must be a prime reason to do this - remove visual identifiers. Or maybe no longer a need to call out 'hybrid', possibly a marketing-driven decision?

Then again as all Corolla models in the UK have been hybrid since the 1.2T was dropped in 2019, is there a remaining need to identify the Corolla as a hybrid?

16 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Then again as all Corolla models in the UK have been hybrid since the 1.2T was dropped in 2019, is there a remaining need to identify the Corolla as a hybrid?

But Prius has always been Hybrid and still carries the Badge I believe?

Changes seems real deal to me, love the badges removed it gives better and cleaner more premium look overall, trek with new spec will be very attractive although dark interior, the  leather is better material  since can handle dirt and  be cleaned easily, the limited engine choice not a big deal as usually the tourer for adventure will benefit having a bigger engine, little touches here and there are welcome 👍

Some nice tweaks for sure, but nothing that would have made we wait over getting mine last month. Remains to be seen if once the detailed brochures are available if there are any other features but honestly the only thing I really wish I had was HUD (as part of tech pack like Yaris - I got JBL Corolla) and BSM but didn't have before so will just close my eyes when I am in the other half's Mk4 Yaris 😄

For the model overall, development and progression/new features, however small, are always good to keep it relevant and improve the longevity. I bought my 2015 Auris just before the facelift was release - got a great deal and a lovely car then 2 1/2 years later caught the latest model tweak with a 2018 Auris so got the leather along with other tweaks over its life. Same will happen I hope with next incarnation(s) of Corolla so when I do come to change I catch another uplift in spec.

5 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

But Prius has always been Hybrid and still carries the badge I believe?

The same point applies to the Prius - as it has always been hybrid, is there a continuing need to identify it as hybrid?

The same scenario applies to the other UK models which are now only available as hybrids - Yaris, Yaris Cross, C-HR, Rav4, Camry, Highlander, etc.

Deleting the hybrid Badge will reduce costs by a small amount per car, but when viewed from a production viewpoint savings will be greater.

• Like 1

Is there not a wider image need for the brand to promote a "green" approach? I agree, small cost saving and relevancy of tech now its only choice of engine on many. But then for secondhand market, easy way to identify version where non-Hybrid was available (eg 2019 UK Corolla).

For the used market, and to identify between the hybrid and 1.2T, the 2019 hybrid models were already identified as such. As the 1.2T was dropped in the UK virtually two years ago, the same need doesn't apply to 2022 models, which are hybrid only.

21 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Deleting the hybrid badge will reduce costs by a small amount per car, but when viewed from a production viewpoint savings will be greater.

I have no idea of what kind of profit margin Toyota operates, but very small adjustments to overall costs can lead to big improvements in profit margins (cf. Yield management, where 1% on overall revenue can mean, depending on the business, big gains in overall profitability). Which would also partially explain the limited trim options. I would have gladly ordered the top spec on my car, if it didn't have 17" wheels and the black headliner.

image.png.91a974a7525386f243a2e5fe5d4407

@Devon Aygo Is this going to be extended to all models ?

On 10/28/2021 at 11:20 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

I think it's probably a brand/marketing-driven reason. Look at the new bZ4X BEV SUV (wow, all those initials!) launched this past week that has the word 'ELECTRIC' emblazoned on the side and rear of the vehicle. Serious overkill! But probably an important branding element. Perhaps it would vanish after a year or so, just like the Corolla and the disappearing 'HYBRID.'

TOY_bZ4X_2021_PRELAUNCH_HUB_BRAND_IMG_Detail_Exterior_06-scaled.thumb.jpg.ee326e0ad58fa13d2fb58344937e8b43.jpg

• Like 1

I quite like having it - It's like having TURBO or 16V or GTI to show you've got a special version :laugh: 

Less so as an advert to catalyst thieves tho'...

• Like 1

is this the same as that’s in the Yaris cross, as I know now the Yaris cross can’t be remotely started through the Toyota app to pre heat the car? 

Hi Everyone,

So just wanted to confirm if I ordered a new corolla especially in the bi tone in excel or GR trim, I will most probably get the MY22 ? as the delivery for all the corollas in dealerships i have asked is earliest March within UK atleast.

Thanks

My Corolla 2.0 Excel ST is due for delivery after the New Year, will that be in the revised spec?

10 hours ago, frazthewise said:

My Corolla 2.0 Excel ST is due for delivery after the New Year, will that be in the revised spec?

I will get my Corolla in January, and my dealer said that it would be MY22.
Did anyone get any news about the new Toyota smart to connect? Will it be the same as in the Yaris Cross with a 9", or some new unit with 8"?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marxon88 said:

I will get my Corolla in January, and my dealer said that it would be MY22.
Did anyone get any news about the new Toyota smart to connect? Will it be the same as in the Yaris Cross with a 9", or some new unit with 8"?

When did you order it?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links