MY22 Corolla announced

Devon Aygo

55 minutes ago, mjjferreira said:

When did you order it?

Around 15. September.

50 minutes ago, Marxon88 said:

Around 15. September.

I am from Portugal.

i ordered mine (TS 2.0) one week before that.

The ETA is 30 of December, however, i don't believe it will arrive in 2021.

Is yours a 2.0 as well?

34 minutes ago, mjjferreira said:

I am from Portugal.

i ordered mine (TS 2.0) one week before that.

The ETA is 30 of December, however, i don't believe it will arrive in 2021.

Is yours a 2.0 as well?

I am from Slovenia.
When ordering, my ETA was December / January, but a few days ago, my dealer called me and notified me about a bit of delay with my car so that it will be January, but it will be MY22 with a new head unit.
It is 2.0 Executive (Luxury in Portugal as I see correctly) with HUD.

11 hours ago, Marxon88 said:

I will get my Corolla in January, and my dealer said that it would be MY22.
Did anyone get any news about the new Toyota smart to connect? Will it be the same as in the Yaris Cross with a 9", or some new unit with 8"?

November & December production are now full and dealers won't be notified until late November if there unallocated orders are allocated as MY21.5 or MY22 but as MY22 production does not commence until January 2022 with Feb 2022 deliveries it is highly unlikely that a January delivery will be MYY22.

9 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

November & December production are now full and dealers won't be notified until late November if there unallocated orders are allocated as MY21.5 or MY22 but as MY22 production does not commence until January 2022 with Feb 2022 deliveries it is highly unlikely that a January delivery will be MYY22.

I hope to get MY22. If that makes any difference, he also notified me about a price rise to pay more than the signed offer.
Also, HUD is now part of standard equipment, so only a 150€ price difference, because I spect it anyway.

Mine is still in backorder, i have no clue when i will receive it. 
Dealer told me December 30, but i know will not be the case, judging from what i read in the foruns about delivery dates.

Some posts above, it was told there were only 12 free slots. What does that mean?

If all slots are ocuppied, and my order is still in backorder status, does it mean that it will only be produced in January?

15 hours ago, mjjferreira said:

Mine is still in backorder, i have no clue when i will receive it. 
Dealer told me December 30, but i know will not be the case, judging from what i read in the foruns about delivery dates.

Some posts above, it was told there were only 12 free slots. What does that mean?

If all slots are ocuppied, and my order is still in backorder status, does it mean that it will only be produced in January?

How do you know if it is in backorder? Something that the dealer confirmed?

I paid my deposit I think on the 24th of September and was promised mid December delivery in Spain. 

Hi. 

I made the order 20 september and I was told delivery early/mid december. Touring sports 1.8. As it has already been built and sent for transport I am pretty sure this will not be MY22. 

2 hours ago, RzrAzr said:

How do you know if it is in backorder? Something that the dealer confirmed?

I paid my deposit I think on the 24th of September and was promised mid December delivery in Spain. 

yes, confirmed by the dealer. My TS 2.0 is still in backorder. Still waiting to be produced.

1 hour ago, Koobs said:

Hi. 

I made the order 20 september and I was told delivery early/mid december. Touring sports 1.8. As it has already been built and sent for transport I am pretty sure this will not be MY22. 

TS 1.8 models, somehow, are built and delivered faster than the 2.0.

The 1.8 hybrid power unit is also built in the UK over at the Toyota engine plant.

The 2 litre hybrid power unit is built in Poland so has to be transported to the UK to then be slipped under the bonnet of a Corolla.

• Like 1

Valid reason.

I also believe that the chip shortage probably afects more the 2.0 engine than the 1.8, therefore, causing the delays.

Ok, spoken to my dealer yesterday. They said it might be coming in later than mid December they have originally promised because they still don’t have the VIN, but normally they would have by now. They’ll get back to me if it’s going to be MY22 or not

2 hours ago, RzrAzr said:

Ok, spoken to my dealer yesterday. They said it might be coming in later than mid December they have originally promised because they still don’t have the VIN, but normally they would have by now. They’ll get back to me if it’s going to be MY22 or not

Please keep us updated. I ordered it one week before you. I suspect that our dealers don't order each car, but they do it in batches for easier delivery, so that can be a weekly delay (but that is only my guess).

34 minutes ago, Marxon88 said:

Please keep us updated. I ordered it one week before you. I suspect that our dealers don't order each car, but they do it in batches for easier delivery, so that can be a weekly delay (but that is only my guess).

I don’t think it works that way. As far as I can tell, the orders are dispatched to “Toyota Central”, where depending on the model they are directed to the appropriate manufacturing facility, depending on the market. The cars are built in batches, I don’t doubt. The distribution is then by boat, truck or train, or combination thereof, depending on where the car was built and which country is its final destination.

For example, my order for a Yaris. It’s going to be built in the Czech Republic. The dealer told me France, but the Yaris Cross is being ordered so much, I think they offloaded Yaris production. When sufficient cars have been built for France, they will be trucked to the distribution centre in France, before my car is trucked to my dealer. I don't know how Toyota manages the last part, whether it's by "truckloads" of Toyotas, or by handing off to a regional distributor.

Edited by Stopeter44
grammar

2 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

I don’t think it works that way. As far as I can tell, the orders are dispatched to “Toyota Central”, where depending on the model they are directed to the appropriate manufacturing facility, depending on the market. The cars are built in batches, I don’t doubt. The distribution is then by boat, truck or train, or combination thereof, depending on where the car was built and which country is its final destination.

For example, my order for a Yaris. It’s going to be built in the Czech Republic. The dealer told me France, but the Yaris Cross is being ordered so much, I think they offloaded Yaris production. When sufficient cars have been built for France, they will be trucked to the distribution centre in France, before my car is trucked to my dealer. I don't know how Toyota manages the last part, whether it's by "truckloads" of Toyotas, or by handing off to a regional distributor.

Your explanation has a lot of sense, more than mine. You rephrase it in better words than I am.
I am still hoping to get MY22.

Hi all,

i am new to this forum, and i found searching for the changes at MY22.

I am from Greece and i have ordered my corolla sedan on Mid Sept MY21 and i have delivered date at March 2022.

Do you know if i will still receive the MY21 or the MY22.

Also at my country the grade that i have ordered called active (hbyrid 1.8) and i cant find anywhere if there will be changes at that module/grade. My car dealer told me that there is no new model for that grade but it seems to me strange.

i like the hybrid on the car but as Luke717  says electric is coming sooner than we think ,never mind 2030 in a few years expect to find most car sales to be fully electric. petrol, diesel hybrid will all be a thing of the past.  

8 hours ago, georgepapa said:

Also at my country the grade that i have ordered called active (hbyrid 1.8) and i cant find anywhere if there will be changes at that module/grade. My car dealer told me that there is no new model for that grade but it seems to me strange.

Each importer will decide on what specifications they sell in their own market. Whether Toyota Greece plan to make specification changes, and whatever those changes will be, for the 2022 model year will be down to them. Your best bet would be to contact Toyota Greece directly to clarify whether they will be changing specifications for MY2022.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, twintopp said:

i like the hybrid on the car but as Luke717  says electric is coming sooner than we think ,never mind 2030 in a few years expect to find most car sales to be fully electric. petrol, diesel hybrid will all be a thing of the past.  

Electric cars will be more frequent that’s true but at the moment the infrastructure is not developed properly, still no charging pods at most work places, not many on every street, also a lot of people can’t install them at home, even the mileage is not so great especially in winter when you’re using all gadgets and heating. Probably will take some time for better infrastructure and improved range, however even after 2030 petrol, disel and hybrids will be on the streets till 2040-2045.

I think there will be two routes here.  People like myself on a 3 year PCP route will take what is available in the next 3 years.  In my case summer 23.  The other will be for those that don't mind waiting until an affordable EV that meets their requirements is available. 

Mainly due to the pandemic I was committed to a journey that would have stretched any EV.  The planned return would have been worse. 

27 minutes ago, ablackash said:

Electric cars will be more frequent that’s true but at the moment the infrastructure is not developed properly, still no charging pods at most work places, not many on every street, also a lot of people can’t install them at home, even the mileage is not so great especially in winter when you’re using all gadgets and heating. Probably will take some time for better infrastructure and improved range, however even after 2030 petrol, disel and hybrids will be on the streets till 2040-2045.

You're right, the infrastructure for EV charging just isn't at scale yet. As we sit here at the end of 2021 it's hard to see when it will be. But there's a lot going on in planning that suggests we will see much change by the end of this decade.

For instance, a report from the government's CMA says this:

The scale of the shift to EVs – requiring the development of an entirely new network – should not be underestimated. While it is difficult to know precisely how much charging will be needed, forecasts suggest that at least 280 to 480,000 public chargepoints will be needed by 2030 – more than 10 times the current number (around 25,000).

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/electric-vehicle-charging-market-study-final-report/final-report

Then there's the private company Connected Kerb that reportedly "promises to install 190k on-street devices by 2030", a big appeal for those without driveways.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-10175905/UKs-Connected-Kerb-targets-190-000-street-EV-chargers-2030.html

And Tesla, who have a proprietary charging network, is running a pilot in The Netherlands that opens up access to non-Tesla EVs:

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/tesla-opens-charging-network-other-evs-netherlands-2021-11-01/

Who knows who else will emerge and join in building the infrastructure?

1 hour ago, ablackash said:

An electric car is a good choice as a second car around where I live. I live in a small town / big village in France with 5 public charging points. Many people live in detached homes, so could easily install dedicated chargers. True, I see more E-208s and Zoe's everyday, but many are still buying new diesels. Where it really hurts in France is the fact that people in the big cities live in flats with either no or little on site parking let alone covered and "protected" parking where they can safely install a charger.

My choice for a Toyota hybrid was driven by wanting to reduce fuel consumption and hence CO² emission, but could not see myself buying, as a one car household, an electric car, even though I am pretty sure it would cover 95% or more of what I want from a car.

I just read an article in the guardian about Zwickau in Germany, where VW is making exclusively electric vehicles. In the article a mention was made of a 2 tonne car with 500kg of Battery? When they can shrink the Battery and make it go 'n' times further, that will be the day when the gradual change to electric will become sudden.

Guardian VW electric cars article

Edited by Stopeter44
Add link to guardian article
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Marxon88 said:

I just found that the new 8" Toyota Smart Connect has been released in CH-R, so can we expect a similar unit in Corolla?

Look at the first post of this topic!

5 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Look at the first post of this topic!

I looked, it said Toyota Smart Connect 8" HD screen with... But only screenshots from some random navigation pages.

Nowhere is a picture from a complete unit that is clearly different from the old MM19 head unit and different from the 9" Smart connect head unit found in Yaris Cross. Here you can see only one volume and power button and no other buttons. So an utterly new head unit that has not been seen in any other Toyota car so far. Did you get what I was saying?