Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY22 Corolla announced

Devon Aygo

Contact your Toyota importer - Toyota Slovenia?

12 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Contact your Toyota importer - Toyota Slovenia?

I did, but I didn't get a reply from them.
I thought that forum was for exchanging information, but apparently, I was wrong, sorry.

43 minutes ago, Marxon88 said:

I thought that forum was for exchanging information, but apparently, I was wrong, sorry.

It is for exchanging information but it's a UK forum and most of the users here are from the UK and Toyota specs vary depending on the country.

49 minutes ago, Marxon88 said:

At the end of the day, specifications do vary from country to country.  Importers (eg Toyota GB, Toyota Slovenia, etc) decide on the specifications they sell in their area - so what Toyota GB sell will vary from what Toyota Slovenia sell. So to get an accurate picture, you need to speak to your importer.

Hi,

Any further updates to what other changes or updates the Corolla 2022 will have in the UK ?

1 hour ago, Marxon88 said:

Don't take it personally, it's true this forum is essentially for the UK, but there are people from elsewhere. You and I are at least 2. 😀

• Like 1

And I post news from the Toyota EU Newsroom site, not any local non-related website.
I got information from Toyota Slovenia that we have the same car and spec as Germany, and if one head unit is installed for Germany, the same is for us. I know that there is a difference in equipment from market to market, but the car is generally the same. The difference is in details, heated seats, level of equipment in a specific trim level. A distinction isn't made in totally different equipment. Like we get another steering wheel or three wipers in the front.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marxon88 said:

And I post news from the Toyota EU Newsroom site, not any local non-related website.
I got information from Toyota Slovenia that we have the same car and spec as Germany, and if one head unit is installed for Germany, the same is for us. I know that there is a difference in equipment from market to market, but the car is generally the same. The difference is in details, heated seats, level of equipment in a specific trim level. A distinction isn't made in totally different equipment. Like we get another steering wheel or three wipers in the front.

In fairness i would think it's safe to say that the MMU will be the same for UK/EU territories, we know that that the US market get a different system completely which is why they are mostly ignored.

I would think as a degree of confidence the unit/capabilities will be largely similar between the YarisCross, new CHR and Corolla (MY22), although the caveat to that is the YarisCross has two different MMU's depending on the trim level.

My comments are based on what i've read here previously 🙂

41 minutes ago, Scout117 said:

Any further updates to what other changes or updates the Corolla 2022 will have in the UK ?

The OP of this topic, Devon Aygo, works for a UK Toyota dealer, so the description in the first post is what it is.

41 minutes ago, Marxon88 said:

I know that there is a difference in equipment from market to market, but the car is generally the same. The difference is in details, heated seats, level of equipment in a specific trim level.

Bear in mind that Toyota Owners Club has no association with Toyota.

You will see from the first post in this topic, that, for the UK, Toyota Smart Connect is standard from the Icon Tech upwards - so it isn't standard across the whole UK range and thus there will be differences in the multimedia unit fitted as standard.

So if you wish to confirm what will be in Slovakian or German models, either contact your importer or Toyota Europe.

Please move on !

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2021 at 7:39 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Toyota published a bulletin regards upcoming MY22 Corolla today:

HB & TS

• MY21.5 Production stops December 2021 & MY22 Production commences January 2022, November production is fully allocated and only 12 spare slots still available for December production. Bi-toe options fully allocated so new orders will automatically be transferred to MY22 variant & TREK 1.8 fully allocated.
  • 2 x new colours Platinum Pearl white (089) & Silver metallic (1L0)
  • New Toyota smart connect standard from Icon Tech
  • Additional connected car functionality
  • TREK discontinued in current spec, MY22 will be 2.0 Tourer only with exclusive 18" alloy wheels, Black leather interior & Satin Chrome deco trim for dash & door, Chrome window surrounds & piano black door pull trim.
  • Hybrid badges removed for all models

Saloon

• Dates as per HB/TS however all 2021 production is allocated so any new orders will me matched to MY22 production.
  • New colour Silver metallic (1L0)
  • 17" alloys wheels to match MY21.5 Corolla design
  • New Toyota smart connect standard from Icon Tech
  • Additional connected car functionality
  • Hybrid badges removed for all models

image.thumb.png.3b5160c375e67ea66ed1c4906d65cdd1.png

image.thumb.png.303f13eb39544d6d9a15b0114880916d.png

image.thumb.png.970e0bb81bc1c53a9b2c810c1144e2d8.png

Will the SatNav and speed of the software be improved too, processing speed etc?

Just got the news from my dealership. My car ordered in September that was meant to be delivered on the 15th of December is running late. How late they don’t know yet. 
Good news is that it’ll be a MY22 

Did anyone manage to confirm regarding wireless CarPlay for icon tech models plus?

13 hours ago, RzrAzr said:

Just got the news from my dealership. My car ordered in September that was meant to be delivered on the 15th of December is running late. How late they don’t know yet. 
Good news is that it’ll be a MY22 

Ordered mine 1st Sept  for delivery late Jan  so hopefully MY 22 as well?

It looks like the physical buttons are all gone completely from the sides and there is a single button/capacitive button at the bottom on in the middle

image.png.cb453aee89c0e838b0da157f4fc6a253.png

Makes me want to get rid of my car already just for that!  Don't worry i won't really, i'm not totally insane!

• Like 1

Here is a better resolution.
It looks like there are capacitive buttons on the side.

Posnetek zaslona 2021-11-26 142622.png

25 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Still wired Android Auto 🙄

small wins! 😄

wireless CarPlay sounds awesome! oh man, cannot wait. it is only logical, if there's a wireless charger, then perhaps smart phone integration should also be wireless.

sorry for the team Android. One day  

I use a wireless Android auto adaptor in my current car - it does mean it takes up a USB port.

Anyone know how many USB port connections these new Toyota Smart Connect units have on the back? 

There will be 1 for the dash

I assume a 2nd will be taken by the DCM

Any ideas if there are any more available ports on the unit?

On 11/26/2021 at 1:28 PM, Marxon88 said:

Here is a better resolution.
It looks like there are capacitive buttons on the side.

Posnetek zaslona 2021-11-26 142622.png

Prefer the buttons

whilst driving especially

only way to access the energy screen

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links