Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY22 Corolla announced

Devon Aygo

8 hours ago, jsingi said:

Hi did you go for vertical or horizontal tow bar ?

Vertical with 13 pin socket. It is primarily for the bike carrier rather than towing - much easier than lifting the bikes onto the roof.

I used TomTom Go via Apple CarPlay for the first time today - really impressed with it.  

I ordered a 2.0 Corolla HB GR sport early December, having trouble knowing if MY22 C5H production run or earlier,  dealer doesn't know. Estimated delivery was mid Feb but no info, dealer didn't know how to find out,  I'm guessing when there's a vin I might know?

The MyT app is now showing a VIN for my new Corolla (awaiting delivery). Anyone know how to decipher a VIN?

On 1/30/2022 at 10:40 AM, jsingi said:

Hi did you go for vertical or horizontal tow bar ?

Did you go for 7 pin or 13 pin tow bar? 

Does anyone know what is the difference between these two?

I would like to have a tow bar for bikes rack use only.

I chose 13 pin for versatility. Some bike carriers have 13 pin, others have 7 pin, but you can get adapters for either. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks @bunnyrabbit03. I do not know much about bike racks but will need to learn as my girls are growing up quickly and the bikes might become part of our life, just as a fun nat as a professional sport.

For example, I wasn't even aware that bike racks need to be plugged in to a 7 or 13 pin socket! Is that because some of them (I assume big ones, for three bikes) come with stop and indicator lights?

2 minutes ago, VladMD said:

I wasn't even aware that bike racks need to be plugged in to a 7 or 13 pin socket!

If, when the bikes are mounted on a rear mounted bike carrier, they partially of fully obscure the rear lights and/or number plate, auxiliary lighting (eg. a rear light board or similar) should be used. Hence the requirement for an electrical connection for rear light lights.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If, when the bikes are mounted on  rear mounted bike carrier, they partially of fully obscure the rear lights and/or number plate, auxiliary lighting (eg. a rear light board or similar) should be used. Hence the requirement for an electrical connection for rear light lights.

Makes perfect sense!

So the configurator has been updated to show the new infotainment, and the inclusion of the "Sterling Silver" Paint.

Still no option for bi-tone paint on the Touring Sports though, so that must just be a dealer option for now.

I see the price has gone up by £600 too, wonder if they will revise the figures on my PCP? 

Looks like the prices have gone up as well (+£600 for both the Icon Tech and Design)

16 minutes ago, StreetHawk said:

I see the price has gone up by £600 too, wonder if they will revise the figures on my PCP? 

Once the price has been agreed, they normally have to honour that. So you should be fine.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Notfer said:

Once the price has been agreed, they normally have to honour that. So you should be fine.

I hope so, they didn’t mention a price rise was possible. 

They should honour the deal previously agreed but I would double-check with your dealer. Back in December my dealer mentioned possible price rises and that the agreed price may change should my car be MY 22 rather than MY 21.5. However, when I took delivery of the car (MY 22) at the end of January, the price, guaranteed future value etc. was as agreed in October. 

1 hour ago, bunnyrabbit03 said:

They should honour the deal previously agreed but I would double-check with your dealer. Back in December my dealer mentioned possible price rises and that the agreed price may change should my car be MY 22 rather than MY 21.5. However, when I took delivery of the car (MY 22) at the end of January, the price, guaranteed future value etc. was as agreed in October. 

I think I’ll keep quiet for now, I’m sure they will be in touch if they want to revise the deal. 

It’s strange they haven’t added the bi-tone colours to the configurator if the dealers are able to spec them already. 

Absolutely, I would keep quiet too. And I would expect them to honour the deal in any case rather than risk a cancellation, so enjoy the 'saving' 😉

• Like 1

I think it'll only be a matter of time before the option appears back on the config. They're present on the eu config, although so is a lot of things that we get.

I won't say anything either, if it comes with the black roof, then great, if it doesn't, I'm not overly fussed either. I think it works well either way. 

What I would like to appear though is the blind side assist, or even the option for the pan roof. I'd definitely be adding it if that happened, even if it added another few weeks on to the build - I'd have waited long enough already.

5 minutes ago, Notfer said:

I think it'll only be a matter of time before the option appears back on the config. They're present on the eu config, although so is a lot of things that we get.

I won't say anything either, if it comes with the black roof, then great, if it doesn't, I'm not overly fussed either. I think it works well either way. 

What I would like to appear though is the blind side assist, or even the option for the pan roof. I'd definitely be adding it if that happened, even if it added another few weeks on to the build - I'd have waited long enough already.

I really do not understand why UK Corolla's do not get RCTA (Rear Cross Traffic Alert) even as an option - really useful.

3 minutes ago, Notfer said:

What I would like to appear though is the blind side assist.

A lot of people would like that option for UK Corolla, Toyota UK know as plenty of people have raised it with them in the past.

Its annoying when Corolla built here in the UK & then shipped over to Europe can have it, but the UK customers cant get it even as a paid for optional extra. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StreetHawk said:

I assume like me, you have a signed order form dated prior to today.  Toyota's website says on the PCP offer, it is for orders 8th Feb - 31st Mar so to me this is not relevant. If you have a quote that is not confirmed as an order then even though the quote may say valid for 14 days, for example, that would not be the case.

14 minutes ago, Kental said:

I assume like me, you have a signed order form dated prior to today.  Toyota's website says on the PCP offer, it is for orders 8th Feb - 31st Mar so to me this is not relevant. If you have a quote that is not confirmed as an order then even though the quote may say valid for 14 days, for example, that would not be the case.

Good spot, hadn’t seen that. Yes I’ve got a signed order form from December so all looks good. 

1 hour ago, StreetHawk said:

Good spot, hadn’t seen that. Yes I’ve got a signed order form from December so all looks good. 

I’ve confirmed with my dealership, all is ok.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kental said:

I’ve confirmed with my dealership, all is ok.

Good to know 👍

Just found out that my Corolla Saloon arrived here in Ireland. Even though it was manufactured on the 25th December, it was fitted with the older system. I'm so disappointed as I was really hoping for the new Smart Connect, which some cars already have. It's really taken the gloss off getting new car as I went for the highest spec.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links