Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MY22 Corolla announced

Devon Aygo

23 minutes ago, Glc said:

Just found out that my Corolla Saloon arrived here in Ireland. Even though it was manufactured on the 25th December, it was fitted with the older system. I'm so disappointed as I was really hoping for the new Smart Connect, which some cars already have. It's really taken the gloss off getting new car as I went for the highest spec.

Afraid that's the risk you take when ordering near to a model refresh.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Glc said:

Just found out that my Corolla Saloon arrived here in Ireland. Even though it was manufactured on the 25th December, it was fitted with the older system. I'm so disappointed as I was really hoping for the new Smart Connect, which some cars already have. It's really taken the gloss off getting new car as I went for the highest spec.

I wouldn’t be too worried about missing out, the new screen without the buttons shows off the huge plastic bezels even more from what I can see.

The sat nav also looks very dull and basic but I’m only going from what I’ve seen on here. If you mainly use CarPlay or Android Auto then it’s even less of a worry.

• Thanks 1

You could sell it for more than it's worth and buy the new one! :laugh: 

• Haha 3

Honestly finding this MY21.5 v MY22 confusing.

Literally ordered a new 1.8 Corolla HB yesterday.  Dealer was going on about "you'd best order it today, prices go up £600 from tomorrow"  and honestly, i just thought it was sales pitch and nothing more.

But having just found this forum and this thread, I assume he was actually referring to this MY22 refresh?

So, I guess I'll end up with the older version? July is estimated delivery - but who knows. 

Again, if he'd said price is going up for a newer version I may have had a different response other than just waving it off as part of the sales pitch.... bit annoying really

2 minutes ago, zx81 said:

Literally ordered a new 1.8 Corolla HB yesterday.  Dealer was going on about "you'd best order it today, prices go up £600 from tomorrow"  and honestly, i just thought it was sales pitch and nothing more.

But having just found this forum and this thread, I assume he was actually referring to this MY22 refresh?

So, I guess I'll end up with the older version? July is estimated delivery - but who knows. 

Again, if he'd said price is going up for a newer version I may have had a different response other than just waving it off as part of the sales pitch.... bit annoying really

Not necessarily. MY22 cars have already been delivered based on orders pre Christmas. I’d say it’s unlikely they are going to be building MY21.5’s after this month 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zx81 said:

From the first post of this topic MY21.5 was produced up to the end of December 21 and MY22 production started January 22. So an order placed yesterday (07.02.22) should be MY22.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, zx81 said:

My order from Sunday says my22, check what yours says

23 minutes ago, Kental said:

My order from Sunday says my22, check what yours says

Where abouts are you looking for that info?  I can't see anything that specifically says MY21.5 or MY22 tbh

9 hours ago, zx81 said:

Where abouts are you looking for that info?  I can't see anything that specifically says MY21.5 or MY22 tbh

Good point, I was mistaken. However the January price list prior to the price increase said my22.

16 minutes ago, Kental said:

Good point, I was mistaken. However the January price list prior to the price increase said my22.

Ah well fingers crossed anyway!

• Like 1

I think you’ll be absolutely fine for MY22, my understanding is that they were behind with some MY21.5 orders that carried over in to Jan production alongside MY22.

10 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

From the first post of this topic MY21.5 was produced up to the end of December 21 and MY22 production started January 22. So an order placed yesterday (07.02.22) should be MY22.

Yeah I thought i'd read another post that said the MY21.5 production was continuing longer than previously expected to help clear backlogs or something. Hence wondering if there was a more official cut-off known about now.  I wonder if its the dealership that 'orders' you a MY22, or just the factory that allocates it based on what they've got available

1 hour ago, zx81 said:

Yeah I thought i'd read another post that said the MY21.5 production was continuing longer than previously expected to help clear backlogs or something. Hence wondering if there was a more official cut-off known about now.  I wonder if its the dealership that 'orders' you a MY22, or just the factory that allocates it based on what they've got available

I ordered a Corolla GRSport 4 Dec, dealer says it will be MY22 as their recent deliveries all had MY22. Question is which production run c4h or c5h, latter gets new keyfobs that protect against relay attack by stopping signal when fob isn't moving. 

Estimated delivery has moved from mid Feb to end March according to dealer

• Thanks 1

Picked up my new Corolla yesterday having placed the order back in sept 2021. I was pleasantly surprised to see the new infotainment system in place and confirmed as a MY22 Corolla. I was told previously it would be a 21.5 spec car up until that point. Luckily this was at the slightly cheaper price too. Like others have said above, I’d imagine any order placed after January 1st will be a MY22. 

24 minutes ago, Rowley92 said:

Picked up my new Corolla yesterday having placed the order back in sept 2021. I was pleasantly surprised to see the new infotainment system in place and confirmed as a MY22 Corolla. I was told previously it would be a 21.5 spec car up until that point. Luckily this was at the slightly cheaper price too. Like others have said above, I’d imagine any order placed after January 1st will be a MY22. 

Congrats @Rowley92,

Is the car as good as you expected or hoped for? Which trim did you go for?

Any chance of the photos, especially the dash board with new infotainment screen?

Cheers

@Rowley92, I am sure we all want to see the photos of your car too, not like I said above of the dashboard. So, any time. 😉

I ordered a 1.8 GR Sport hatch back on 12th December 2021, and I was not made aware of the whole 21.5/22 model updates.

I have ordered it in a Manhattan grey/black Bi-Tone paint option, which going on the very first post in this thread, should be a 22 version. I have received a message from the dealers saying they expect it to arrive early March (originally estimated as June).

is it likely this will be the updated 22 version or a 21.5? 

My dealer has just informed me that my Pure White Corolla 1.8 HB Design the expected arrival date at the dealer is 24th June. I ordered on Sunday and it was processed with Toyota on Monday.

Hi all, ordered my Manhattan Grey corolla HB Excel with JBL upgrade on 3rd Nov 21 . Like several others wasn't made aware an upgrade was coming but was happy nonetheless. was told to expect April delivery but it turned up yesterday to my surprise.  I went to have a look at it this morning and it looks like it has the MY22 upgrade . (no buttons on the big screen) couldn't get in it but took a couple of pics. so at least for grey excel models built end of Jan it looks like they are now MY 22. oh and i saw somewhere someone asking if the Hybrid name was on the boot still, mine has it on yes.

received_249091387388935.jpeg

received_312966374222715.jpeg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Spurty30 said:

Hi all, ordered my Manhattan Grey corolla HB Excel with JBL upgrade on 3rd Nov 21 . Like several others wasn't made aware an upgrade was coming but was happy nonetheless. was told to expect April delivery but it turned up yesterday to my surprise.  I went to have a look at it this morning and it looks like it has the MY22 upgrade . (no buttons on the big screen) couldn't get in it but took a couple of pics. so at least for grey excel models built end of Jan it looks like they are now MY 22. oh and i saw somewhere someone asking if the Hybrid name was on the boot still, mine has it on yes.

Looks very nice.

Lovely car Spurt, congrats!

Is yours the 1.8 or 2.0?

Im obsessed trying to work out how long people are actually waiting for the 2.0, lead times aside.

We want to see some in-depth videos of those new infotainment systems... 😛 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spurty30 said:

Lovely! I'm waiting on an update for my 1.8 GR Sport. Hopefully mine arrives May/June instead of expected in August.

1 hour ago, Hardy888 said:

Lovely car Spurt, congrats!

Is yours the 1.8 or 2.0?

Im obsessed trying to work out how long people are actually waiting for the 2.0, lead times aside.

I ordered my 2.0 l on 19 Nov and the dealer rang me at weekend stating the expected delivery time was now between end of March and 20 April

• Like 1