Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY22 Corolla announced

Devon Aygo

33 minutes ago, StreetHawk said:

This is my biggest criticism, the space around the screen now looks even bigger without the buttons. It really does look like it was designed at least 5 years ago. The whole unit could be made smaller and still have a bigger screen.

I went with my parents to test drive the latest Honda Jazz recently, the screen they have put in that looks so much more modern. 

I agree with you, all that space make the whole system look outdated. I would understand if they offered on expensive trims larger screen but that fact they don't brings a question why they left so much space around this screen.

• Like 1

I've had an update on my 1.8 HB Icon Tech order placed on 17th January. Original date given on the order was 18th May. That was immediately changed to 28th April when the order was confirmed. Dealer emailed yesterday to say this has now been moved to 20th April.

In terms of my question about whether it would be MY21.5 or MY22, the response was:

"I cannot confirm just yet, but most likely will be the MY22 due to stock & production."

13 minutes ago, VladMD said:

I agree with you, all that space make the whole system look outdated. I would understand if they offered on expensive trims larger screen but that fact they don't brings a question why they left so much space around this screen.

Just a guess, may need the room still for the cabling/connections etc

8 minutes ago, Catlover said:

We may see a re-design when the Corolla Cross is launched, so for MY 23. This has the new system, bigger screen and fully digital speedo. This could be part of a planned mid-term facelift. 

46 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Other manufacturers can make modern looking screens and surrounds. 

38 minutes ago, bunnyrabbit03 said:

We may see a re-design when the Corolla Cross is launched, so for MY 23. This has the new system, bigger screen and fully digital speedo. This could be part of a planned mid-term facelift. 

This sounds quite likely. 

I'll have to come off the form and avoid all Toyotas after I get my car. Don't want to be jealous of a big new fancy screen. Which I would be.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Hardy888 said:

I'll have to come off the form and avoid all Toyotas after I get my car. Don't want to be jealous of a big new fancy screen. Which I would be.

? Your buying a car,Not a computer!!!!!!

• Haha 1

I'm buying six weeks of happiness and perceived high status. Anything detracting from this is a threat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Hardy888 said:

Likewise, will have to chop in the MY22 for the MY23! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, StreetHawk said:

Other manufacturers can make modern looking screens and surrounds. 

What a great advice! Did you come up with that yourself or someone else suggested? 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, VladMD said:

What a great advice! Did you come up with that yourself or someone else suggested? 

Advice?

Sorry, you’ve lost me there! 

Is there any way to work out from the VIN if my Icon Tech is MY22 or 21.5?

It's just been delivered to the dealer.

Also, opinions on picking up now Vs in March?

Any real loss of value as it's on a PCP?

6 minutes ago, Danharvey said:

Not sure about decoding the VIN but I’d just ask the dealer, maybe they could send you a quick picture of the car?

I would definitely wait until March, you have an interest in the residual value and there will be a small difference in a 71 and 22 plate. 

Just now, StreetHawk said:

Not sure about decoding the VIN but I’d just ask the dealer, maybe they could send you a quick picture of the car?

I would definitely wait until March, you have an interest in the residual value and there will be a small difference in a 71 and 22 plate. 

Cheers.

3 weeks isn't going to kill me!

4 hours ago, Danharvey said:

Cheers.

They may have already registered it? Worth checking 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bunnyrabbit03 said:

I’m actually guessing that they will wait a year or so to differentiate the models and then bring in the next gen Corolla in 2024 (5 year mode run is pretty typical)

4 hours ago, Danharvey said:

PCP value of Toyotas seem very understated

typically you’ll get more by buying out the vehicle and selling it straight on or sell it straight and pay the finance company the difference

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, OTS84 said:

They may have already registered it? Worth checking 

Told them a few weeks ago I wouldn't be picking up till March as they asked what I wanted to do.

Won't pick it up if they have as haven't signed anything other than the order form.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Danharvey said:

Cheers.

Likewise mine is at the dealer and because its a MY 22 the dealer has said best to wait till march as may be a bonus on resale , so yes 2 and a bit weeks isn't long to wait !!

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2022 at 9:02 PM, zx81 said:

Honestly finding this MY21.5 v MY22 confusing.

Literally ordered a new 1.8 Corolla HB yesterday.  Dealer was going on about "you'd best order it today, prices go up £600 from tomorrow"  and honestly, i just thought it was sales pitch and nothing more.

But having just found this forum and this thread, I assume he was actually referring to this MY22 refresh?

So, I guess I'll end up with the older version? July is estimated delivery - but who knows. 

Again, if he'd said price is going up for a newer version I may have had a different response other than just waving it off as part of the sales pitch.... bit annoying really

Nothing to do with model year in your case, Toyota increased all model prices on the 8th, orders placed up to 7th are price protected.

With a July ETA your car is a NCO ( non covered order ) so there is no matching stock either physical or in upcoming production so your car will be allocated a build slot in quarter 2 and definitely a MY22 spec model.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Nothing to do with model year in your case, Toyota increased all model prices on the 8th, orders placed up to 7th are price protected.

With a July ETA your car is a NCO ( non covered order ) so there is no matching stock either physical or in upcoming production so your car will be allocated a build slot in quarter 2 and definitely a MY22 spec model.

Unless your order gets allocated to a cancellation

31 minutes ago, Woofwoof said:

Unless your order gets allocated to a cancellation

My understanding is that all my21 orders are now fulfilled. Especially based on the fact that the January price list stated Corolla my22 with no my21 option unlike other models 

11 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Thanks for the explanation - very informative!

Ordered a Corolla 2.0ltr Design H/B in denim blue first week in November. Car was picked up by me two weeks ago. Having read some of the previous comments, I am at lost trying to figure out what year model it is.  It has the new infotainment system (no buttons), "Hybrid" signs side and back and no USB of any kind under the armrest. 12v cigar socket only. Also, the manual does not give an information for the new infotainment system. My first Toyota car not impressed. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links