Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY22 Corolla announced

Devon Aygo

Got a call from the dealer today. Booked for collection on 1st of March MY22 with 22 reg. A whole week to go, Can't wait 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Niky said:

Got a call from the dealer today. Booked for collection on 1st of March MY22 with 22 reg. A whole week to go, Can't wait 

When was your car ordered?

I had reason to contact my dealer a week ago and ended up buying a new Corolla saloon! Actually, I could not refuse, the deal offered was, I drive to the dealers, hand over the current car and keys and drive away in a brand new car - no money to pay, in effect a straight swap - how could I refuse? The new car is another Sol version with all the bells and whistles, only this one is Celestite Grey. The salesman assures me it is the MY22 version and stated that it was the last one available in Ireland, (I do not know if he meant Corolla or saloon or Sol version or MY22), any further orders will not be delivered until the Summer. He should have it ready for me in about four weeks. If I am reading the previous posts correctly, one way to be sure it is MY22 is that the entertainment etc unit does not have physical buttons. Am I correct in thinking that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dannyboy413 said:

I had reason to contact my dealer a week ago and ended up buying a new Corolla saloon! Actually, I could not refuse, the deal offered was, I drive to the dealers, hand over the current car and keys and drive away in a brand new car - no money to pay, in effect a straight swap - how could I refuse? The new car is another Sol version with all the bells and whistles, only this one is Celestite Grey. The salesman assures me it is the MY22 version and stated that it was the last one available in Ireland, (I do not know if he meant Corolla or saloon or Sol version or MY22), any further orders will not be delivered until the Summer. He should have it ready for me in about four weeks. If I am reading the previous posts correctly, one way to be sure it is MY22 is that the entertainment etc unit does not have physical buttons. Am I correct in thinking that?

Yes, new infotainment has no buttons down the sides. Also the hybrid badges have been removed from the front wings

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Niky said:

31st of December. 

I was only a week after you ordering mine! What was your initial ETA upon ordering? Mine was middle of April on the 8th Jan.

5 hours ago, Kieranm9091 said:

I was only a week after you ordering mine! What was your initial ETA upon ordering? Mine was middle of April on the 8th Jan.

As mentioned in other topics it might have been a cancelled order allocated to me, or might just be the colour and trim - mine is basic solid white Icon Tech. I understand the wait for different colours is different. It also seems(for UK) 2L are waiting more compared to 1.8 cos the first are being imported from Poland, and the 1.8 is being build here in UK

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Niky said:

As mentioned in other topics it might have been a cancelled order allocated to me, or might just be the colour and trim - mine is basic solid white Icon Tech. I understand the wait for different colours is different. It also seems(for UK) 2L are waiting more compared to 1.8 cos the first are being imported from Poland, and the 1.8 is being build here in UK

My order is a white 1.8 Design hatch ordered on 6th Feb so will be interesting to see when it turns up.

14 hours ago, Kental said:

My order is a white 1.8 Design hatch ordered on 6th Feb so will be interesting to see when it turns up.

Mine is 1.8 in pearl white ordered on 11 Jan so hopefully soon for me 

2 minutes ago, Chriss27 said:

Mine is 1.8 in pearl white ordered on 11 Jan so hopefully soon for me 

Pearl white or new color Platinum White Pearl?

I ordered mine 21Oct and i m waiting for it. Mine is new color platinum pearl white, Touring Sports Exclusive (in Portugal) 2.0 180hp.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2022 at 5:03 AM, Niky said:

Interestingly enough I ordered my Black GR Sport 2.0 in November and I'm taking delivery on March 5th. I find it interesting how wait times on the 2.0 seem to be longer for most people on here.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 5:03 AM, Niky said:

oh yes, yours was the one that went to being in transit less than two weeks after you ordered, right?

That must have been a cancellation slot because the build tends to be around 2 or 3 months after ordering for most people ordering the "standard" colours and trims, or longer otherwise.

14 minutes ago, TIL said:

I find it interesting how wait times on the 2.0 seem to be longer for most people on here.

The 1.8 power unit is built in the UK at the Toyota engine plant - it's a short journey over to the Toyota car plant where the Corolla is built. 

The 2 litre power unit is built in Poland so it requires shipping to the UK before it can be slipped under the bonnet of a UK built Corolla. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sd247 said:

oh yes, yours was the one that went to being in transit less than two weeks after you ordered, right?

That must have been a cancellation slot because the build tends to be around 2 or 3 months after ordering for most people ordering the "standard" colours and trims, or longer otherwise.

Correct. Lucky me

Still 4 days to go, not that I count the days(hours)😀

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, forkingabout said:

The 1.8 power unit is built in the UK at the Toyota engine plant - it's a short journey over to the Toyota car plant where the Corolla is built. 

The 2 litre power unit is built in Poland so it requires shipping to the UK before it can be slipped under the bonnet of a UK built Corolla. 

Another factor to consider is the two week shut down at Burnaston over Christmas. Suspect that needs to be added on to your wait time 

• Like 1

Had my Corolla serviced this morning and plenty of 22 reg cars ready to go. Majority were MY21 from looking at the entertainment system inside. White seemed most popular colour too.

Screenshot_20220216-185813_Facebook.thumb.jpg.4ee8b3545d83b9f168ae2045faedbb6b.jpgI've just read all 17 pages of this topic my order went In 5th Feb order form says 19th May 2.0 gr sport think I no all I need to now only have this pic of someone else's to look at getting impatient already 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Ivor656 said:

Screenshot_20220216-185813_Facebook.thumb.jpg.4ee8b3545d83b9f168ae2045faedbb6b.jpgI've just read all 17 pages of this topic my order went In 5th Feb order form says 19th May 2.0 gr sport think I no all I need to now only have this pic of someone else's to look at getting impatient already 

I know how you feel, I ordered 8th Jan and it’s due mid April. Not long to go now, only another month really.

Looking forward to it!

• Thanks 1

Got my car(finally) today. 1.8 TS Icon Tech. Few things surprised me

It has the autonomous parking and auto high beam lights - thought Icon Tech don't have those

Came with Continental eco contact 6 AA rated tyres which I am very happy with.

Drove around 40 miles 30/40 miles speed limit and achieved 60.4mpg

Had 1/4 of a tank fuel( a little gift from Toyota😀) - filled the tank and managed to put only 24ish litres more. Full tank currently showing 680 miles range - quite optimistic I think,  but will be amazing if it does close to 600 miles on a tank.

Really enjoyed driving it. Pushed it few times and it is pretty good up to 40 miles. Love it

• Like 4

Absolutely delighted for you Niky! Enjoy it.

• Thanks 1

Happy new car day!

We need pics.. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Niky said:

It has the autonomous parking and auto high beam lights - thought Icon Tech don't have those

Had 1/4 of a tank fuel( a little gift from Toyota😀) - filled the tank and managed to put only 24ish litres more. Full tank currently showing 680 miles range - quite optimistic I think,  but will be amazing if it does close to 600 miles on a tank.

Really enjoyed driving it. Pushed it few times and it is pretty good up to 40 miles. Love it

What's the wheel size? 16" or 17"?

14 minutes ago, mjjferreira said:

What's the wheel size? 16" or 17"?

Icon tech is with 16"

2 hours ago, Niky said:

Enjoy, another month for me, hope they have started to put decent tyres on all of them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Niky said:

Glad to see you've picked it up.

Have to wait until Friday before I get mine.

Can't get 450 miles from my 1ltr Skoda Kamiq (that has a 55ltr tank) so if I get 500 I will be Uber happy!

Glad to see it has auto high beam as well.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links