Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY22 Corolla announced

Devon Aygo

I ordered CoroIla 2.0 Touring Sports Excel 1st September, delivery quoted for end of January - so far, that was 3 weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Romag said:

Hi all,

Anyone else waiting on a MY22 Corolla?

I ordered a Corolla touring sport 2.0 in the first half of September in the UK but it’s just been stuck on “processing order” ever since. Dealer has said it will be a MY22 spec but no update on delivery date.
Anyone else order around a similar time? Anyone know of any MY22 corollas that have been built yet?

Thanks!

wrote to Toyota to try and solicit a reply,  all I got was.....

Hi. A new multimedia system will be available on the 2022 Corolla, like that found on the Yaris Cross. We'll be publicly confirming the full details of this in the very near future. Keep your eyes peeled!

20 hours ago, frazthewise said:

I ordered CoroIla 2.0 Touring Sports Excel 1st September, delivery quoted for end of January - so far, that was 3 weeks ago.

Hi. A new multimedia system will be available on the 2022 Corolla, like that found on the Yaris Cross. We'll be publicly confirming the full details of this in the very near future. Keep your eyes peeled!

Fingers crossed not too much longer!

On 12/9/2021 at 9:05 PM, Romag said:

Hi all,

Anyone else waiting on a MY22 Corolla?

I ordered a Corolla touring sport 2.0 in the first half of September in the UK but it’s just been stuck on “processing order” ever since. Dealer has said it will be a MY22 spec but no update on delivery date.
Anyone else order around a similar time? Anyone know of any MY22 corollas that have been built yet?

Thanks!

What annoys me so much is the continual extension of delivery times, why can’t the factory schedule its deliveries correctly rather than guessing the whole time. Order placed 1st Sept for Corolla sports tourer 2.0 Excel for delivery quoted for December, then moved to January, then February, now March. I can calculate that my car will not be delivered untill 2023 and just watch the time as it keeps extending month by month as the inadequate management at Toyota UK play their games to keep customers locked into an order for cars that are unavailable!!! Also, it would help if they honestly told us the reasons for the delay, what chips are in short supply and what they are doing about it?!! Why 1.8 are being delivered but not 2.0L? 😡

You'd need to ask those questions directly of Toyota GB.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, frazthewise said:

What annoys me so much is the continual extension of delivery times, ... Also, it would help if they honestly told us the reasons for the delay, what chips are in short supply and what they are doing about it?!! Why 1.8 are being delivered but not 2.0L? 😡

FYI - I ordered my 2.0L TS at the end of Sept. The app now says its in transit.

9 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

You'd need to ask those questions directly of Toyota GB.

I do, all they say 'experiencing delays'

10 hours ago, frazthewise said:

Why 1.8 are being delivered but not 2.0L? 😡

The 1.8 hybrid power unit is also built in the UK at the Toyota engine plant so there isn't any transportation delay getting the power units from that factory to the other factory where the Corolla is built.

The 2.0 hybrid power unit is built in Poland so has to then be transported to the UK to be slipped under the bonnet of a Corolla. 

Both Covid & Brexit are affecting logistics in to the UK ( & the rest of the world ) badly - the chip shortage isn't helping either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, frazthewise said:

What annoys me so much is the continual extension of delivery times, why can’t the factory schedule its deliveries correctly rather than guessing the whole time. Order placed 1st Sept for Corolla sports tourer 2.0 Excel for delivery quoted for December, then moved to January, then February, now March. I can calculate that my car will not be delivered untill 2023 and just watch the time as it keeps extending month by month as the inadequate management at Toyota UK play their games to keep customers locked into an order for cars that are unavailable!!! Also, it would help if they honestly told us the reasons for the delay, what chips are in short supply and what they are doing about it?!! Why 1.8 are being delivered but not 2.0L? 😡

I ordered my TS 2.0 Exclusive on september 6th and it arrived Portugal last week.

It took 3 months.

ETA was december 30.

PS: Exclusive trim is the one below the higher trim level.

video taken right after truck unload

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vi9VRpqQ3C4fTWcpUIq0od-_bd2suLWt/view?usp=drivesdk

35 minutes ago, frazthewise said:

I do, all they say 'experiencing delays'

The "good thing" is you will receive a MY22 model, with all new stuff.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MobiusRift said:

FYI - I ordered my 2.0L TS at the end of Sept. The app now says its in transit.

Can I ask what model please? I ordered a 2.0L sports tourer excel with sunroof, audio upgrade.

12 minutes ago, frazthewise said:

Can I ask what model please? I ordered a 2.0L sports tourer excel with sunroof, audio upgrade.

I edited my post. Read it again please.

btw, the model with sunroof here in Portugal is only available on the highest trim level, named "EXECUTIVE". Mine is the trim level below that, named "EXCLUSIVE". Its basically the same but without the sunroof and JBL sound system.

I believe that the highest trim level (with engine 2.0) is the one that is taking a lot of time to deliver

• Thanks 1

I ordered the 2.0 touring sports (excel trim) in September. Finally had a notification today that it’s being built. Can’t wait!

4 hours ago, mjjferreira said:

I edited my post. Read it again please.

btw, the model with sunroof here in Portugal is only available on the highest trim level, named "EXECUTIVE". Mine is the trim level below that, named "EXCLUSIVE". Its basically the same but without the sunroof and JBL sound system.

I believe that the highest trim level (with engine 2.0) is the one that is taking a lot of time to deliver

I’m waiting for mine 2.0 Advance, highest trim, however to get the sunroof had to get the “luxury” package, which also includes head up display, JBL, leather seats with heating for the rear passengers as well. For MY2022 they have changed it to Advance Luxury and includes everything straight away. 

spoke to my dealer, they confirmed end of January delivery. Previously they said that it’ll be MY2022 but now the lady isn’t so sure, I hope it will be. 

• Like 1

What I cannot understand and ask, have they delayed production of my model Corolla Touring Sports 2.0L excel with jbl and sunroof? When I ordered 1st Sept delivery quoted was December. This has now stretched to March. On Carwow, if I order now, delivery March. So ordering 3 months earlier has made no difference. Now quoted 4 months delivery, but I would have been waiting 7 or more months by then?

Probably your build has been pushed to Jan 2022, because MY22.5 orders have been closed.

You will perhaps receive your TS by the end of January or beginning of February.

• Thanks 1

I’ve been informed my GR 2.0 will be subject to an additional £185 charge for this new specification. Due March?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

To be be fair, received confirmation that my car will be ready, as planned end of January. They just assumed I would like to wait until 1st March to have the new registration plate. This appears to make sense?

4 hours ago, Jackfire said:

I’ve been informed my GR 2.0 will be subject to an additional £185 charge for this new specification. Due March?

Can they up the price after you’ve ordered it?

1 hour ago, frazthewise said:

To be be fair, received confirmation that my car will be ready, as planned end of January. They just assumed I would like to wait until 1st March to have the new registration plate. This appears to make sense?

It’s actually pretty common

heard that from a very dealer a few years back when I was looking into a golf mk7, they had 1 in stock and the guy wa alike you can have it in a few weeks at the beginning of March and iw as like what takes so long and the guy was like do you not want the new number plate and I was like I really don’t care

1 hour ago, Woofwoof said:

Can they up the price after you’ve ordered it?

In fairness to the dealer they warned me before signing contract that there was going to be a spec change and I was going to be charged if price went up. I am negotiating for them to take the hit

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jackfire said:

In fairness to the dealer they warned me before signing contract that there was going to be a spec change and I was going to be charged if price went up. I am negotiating for them to take the hit

I was told that price won’t change but they didn’t tell me there will be a spec change though it will be a my22 order as they told me I won’t receive a build date till January

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 7:39 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Toyota published a bulletin regards upcoming MY22 Corolla today:

HB & TS

• MY21.5 Production stops December 2021 & MY22 Production commences January 2022, November production is fully allocated and only 12 spare slots still available for December production. Bi-toe options fully allocated so new orders will automatically be transferred to MY22 variant & TREK 1.8 fully allocated.
  • 2 x new colours Platinum Pearl white (089) & Silver metallic (1L0)
  • New Toyota smart connect standard from Icon Tech
  • Additional connected car functionality
  • TREK discontinued in current spec, MY22 will be 2.0 Tourer only with exclusive 18" alloy wheels, Black leather interior & Satin Chrome deco trim for dash & door, Chrome window surrounds & piano black door pull trim.
  • Hybrid badges removed for all models

Saloon

• Dates as per HB/TS however all 2021 production is allocated so any new orders will me matched to MY22 production.
  • New colour Silver metallic (1L0)
  • 17" alloys wheels to match MY21.5 Corolla design
  • New Toyota smart connect standard from Icon Tech
  • Additional connected car functionality
  • Hybrid badges removed for all models

image.thumb.png.3b5160c375e67ea66ed1c4906d65cdd1.png

image.thumb.png.303f13eb39544d6d9a15b0114880916d.png

image.thumb.png.970e0bb81bc1c53a9b2c810c1144e2d8.png

Is silver metallic the same colour as sterling silver?

Dealer just told me that different paint finishes (pearlescent vs metallic) have different lead times (up to 1.5 months!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links