Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MY22 Corolla announced

Devon Aygo

Ordered a TS GR Sport today, order form says delivery estimated on 15th April. 

The order form also says ‘new trim’ under the interior trim section, anyone know if the interior is changing at all? 

• Thanks 1

Are all Corolla's for the British Market actually built in Britain or do we still get some from abroad?

3 minutes ago, KWr said:

Are all Corolla's for the British Market actually built in Britain or do we still get some from abroad?

For the European market the hatchback and Touring Sport are UK built and the saloon is Turkish built.

The 2.0 litre engine and 2.0 litre hybrid system are built in Poland, the 1.8 and 1.8 hybrid system in the UK.

• Thanks 2

So does that mean just the Engine for the 2ltr is built in Poland,or the complete car is built over there?

It is already quite clear:

The 2.0 litre engine and hybrid system comes from Poland. Poland only has an engine and transmission plant, and supplies this engine and transmission to the UK for use in the Corolla hatchback and Touring Sport, and to Turkey for the Corolla saloon and, incidentally, the C-HR. Poland does not currently have a vehicle assembly plant.

• Thanks 2

and the 1.8 units are built in Queensferry, north Wales, not far from Parts-Kings depot/office.

And are all batteries built in Japan or there are some done in different locations? Any information much appreciated. Thanks 👍

I ordered 2lt Corolla Gr Sport hatch on 11th October via lease company.

Info from them is it is due at dealers 3rd Feb but currently awaiting shipment???

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

And are all batteries built in Japan

If you're meaning the hybrid batteries as opposed to the 12v batteries, believe these still come from Japan.

Toyota Europe has a recycling scheme for used hybrid batteries.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If you're meaning the hybrid batteries as opposed to the 12v batteries, believe these still come from Japan.

Toyota Europe has a recycling scheme for used hybrid batteries.

Yes, the hybrid ones, thanks for that👍

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Corolla 2.0 Touring Sports excel has just been manufactured and has 71 reg. Let you know on MY22 or not?! Waiting for delivery.

Reading about the new multimedia system is frustrating as I just picked up a 2.0 GR Sport a couple weeks ago build date in September. It has the soon to be older multimedia system. I won’t mind so much if they update the old one but the wireless Apple CarPlay is a kicker. I guess I’ll have to buy an adapter. 

• Thanks 1

Yes I was wondering about this for mine. Got same car as you,White and black bi tone.

Thought using the Vin number might give me info on the Audio equipment, but I can not find a free website to insert the Vin.

Not to bothered about the wireless Apple ,I have Android anyway.

Always used a Tom Tom for Sat nav,trust it, has never let me down.

Just want to read up on operation, but need to know which model Media system I will be getting.

6 minutes ago, Jrooney06 said:

It has the soon to be older multimedia system.

The 'older' system will still be current and fitted to some models. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jrooney06 said:

Reading about the new multimedia system is frustrating as I just picked up a 2.0 GR Sport a couple weeks ago build date in September. It has the soon to be older multimedia system. I won’t mind so much if they update the old one but the wireless Apple CarPlay is a kicker. I guess I’ll have to buy an adapter. 

With a bit of luck (and money), you will be able to buy the new unit and fit it in your corolla. Plug n play!

i am think on doing that.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, mjjferreira said:

With a bit of luck (and money), you will be able to buy the new unit and fit it in your corolla. Plug n play!

i am think on doing that.

A lot of us did similar over on the Peugeot forum retrofitting the TOM TOM live navigation infotainment unit but sourcing 2nd hand units from written off vehicles.

The live traffic services are normally tied to the unit serial number / vehicle VIN for subscription purposes - if the unit / VIN isn't recognised by the live services database the live services just wont work.

If it works in a similar way to TomTom live then a brand new unit from Toyota might not allow the live traffic services to work as the vehicle / unit just wont be recognised by the subscription data base.

New Toyota vehicles get 4 years free Smart Connect subscription so there must be a serial or VIN number log to keep track of what subscriptions services are active / who has renewed at 4 years for each Smart Connect unit.

You need to do some research on how Toyota Smart Connect works for the live traffic & other services else its pretty pointless retro fitting it.

I've no idea how Toyota Smart Connect subscriptions will work but there will be some database somewhere for the services & a vehicle that never had the system factory fitted wont be allowed to join it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, forkingabout said:

A lot of us did similar over on the Peugeot forum retrofitting the TOM TOM live navigation infotainment unit but sourcing 2nd hand units from written off vehicles.

The live traffic services are normally tied to the unit serial number / vehicle VIN for subscription purposes - if the unit / VIN isn't recognised by the live services database the live services just wont work.

If it works in a similar way to TomTom live then a brand new unit from Toyota might not allow the live traffic services to work as the vehicle / unit just wont be recognised by the subscription data base.

New Toyota vehicles get 4 years free Smart Connect subscription so there must be a serial or VIN number log to keep track of what subscriptions services are active / who has renewed at 4 years for each Smart Connect unit.

You need to do some research on how Toyota Smart Connect works for the live traffic & other services else its pretty pointless retro fitting it.

I've no idea how Toyota Smart Connect subscriptions will work but there will be some database somewhere for the services & a vehicle that never had the system factory fitted wont be allowed to join it.

I don't care about toyota smart connect services (currently don't have them either). Apple CarPlay is better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, mjjferreira said:

I don't care about toyota smart connect services (currently don't have them either). Apple CarPlay is better.

Pretty pointless plus a waste of money trying to retro fit the Smart Connect unit then.

19 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Pretty pointless plus a waste of money trying to retro fit the Smart Connect unit then.

No, it isnt. Faster system, improved UI and wireless Apple carplay!

On 1/6/2022 at 7:37 PM, frazthewise said:

My Corolla 2.0 Touring Sports excel has just been manufactured and has 71 reg. Let you know on MY22 or not?! Waiting for delivery.

The red depends on your pickup date

you can wait till March 1st (I wouldn’t) and get a 22 plate

22 minutes ago, Woofwoof said:

The red depends on your pickup date

you can wait till March 1st (I wouldn’t) and get a 22 plate

To be correct, the reg depends on when it is first registered with Swansea.

14 minutes ago, Catlover said:

To be correct, the reg depends on when it is first registered with Swansea.

Correct but the dealer can wait to do that until march

Just spoke to my dealer today. They said my car is already in Spain and should be at our dealership in a week if not earlier. I’m guessing it will be one of the last MY21s

9 minutes ago, RzrAzr said:

Just spoke to my dealer today. They said my car is already in Spain and should be at our dealership in a week if not earlier. I’m guessing it will be one of the last MY21s

Let us know and upload pictures here, please.

Yes mine is coming next week too, it will be MY21.5 I assume? Got a very good discount, so not a worry .