Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ant infestation in my car!

dingdingboom

There were a few ants in my car while driving, I killed but more kept coming. I opened my hood and there were quite a lot of them with a couple foraging trails-after harssing them they started carrying larvae which means there's a COLONY in there. A queen must have newly moved in.

They seem to be nested in one of the holes right at the joint under the hood, unfortunately I don't think this part comes off. There was a bit of old granola under my car seat which I cleaned an vacuumed thoroughly, hopefully taking away their food source. Any other advice on what I can do? I'm hesitant to use chemicals since they can damage my car, and be dangerous to me. Maybe an ant bait to kill the queen, but I don't want to attract more ants to my car. They are argentine ants. Disgusting. Thank you.

• Sad 1

Moved to the Corolla club 

Hello Jim, welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

sorry to hear your problem, more sorry I cannot help, but hopefully someone will come along soon and give some good advice for you.

Nippon ant killer gel is a good solution available here in the UK. Don't know if it's available in Argentina, though. A small drop in an area where the ants pass through takes care of them. Put it on a piece of card or anything that will protect the carpet or paint.

• Like 1

Sorry I cannot be of help. But you’ll probably qualify for the most unusual query on the forum.

• Haha 1

Try 'ant sugar'. Put some in an easily accessible and removable tray (tin lid) and leave the ants to get on with it. 

2 hours ago, Red_Corolla said:

Nippon ant killer gel is a good solution available here in the UK. Don't know if it's available in Argentina, though. A small drop in an area where the ants pass through takes care of them. Put it on a piece of card or anything that will protect the carpet or paint.

I've also found Nippon Ant Bait stations to be very good. When we bought our current house it somehow had an ants nest in the internal wall between the dining room and kitchen. Nippon was literally the only thing that worked after trying various other products which claimed to kill ants. 

It could be worse, years ago I had a mouse living in my car. I eventually caught it with various mouse traps set around the interior of the car but I had to be very careful where I put my hands when driving at night!

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, yossarian247 said:

I've also found Nippon Ant Bait stations to be very good. When we bought our current house it somehow had an ants nest in the internal wall between the dining room and kitchen. Nippon was literally the only thing that worked after trying various other products which claimed to kill ants. 

It could be worse, years ago I had a mouse living in my car. I eventually caught it with various mouse traps set around the interior of the car but I had to be very careful where I put my hands when driving at night!

Yeah rodents can be big trouble in modern vehicles. They love the taste of wiring insulation!

On 10/27/2021 at 9:01 PM, Red_Corolla said:

Yeah rodents can be big trouble in modern vehicles. They love the taste of wiring insulation!

On 10/27/2021 at 2:14 PM, yossarian247 said:

Yeah all my girlfriends used to tell me that too😂🤣🚘

• Haha 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links