Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris diesel fuel filter

Kmac888

I'm trying to find a tutorial on how to change my fuel filter (2012 Yaris 1.4 d4d) the videos on youtube show what looks like a spin on/off metal filter but when I type my registration number into eurocarparts it shows a cylindrical paper filter just like the oil filter insert. Which one is right? thanks

Weird... I don't know about the Mk3 but my Mk1 D4D definitely used a metal spin-on type and not an element filter.

AFAIK the D4D in the Mk3 is the same 1ND-TV engine as in the Mk1, just improved performance and more emissions controls; I can't imagine they'd change the filter style as that'd involve a fair bit of rejigging, but you never know!

Easiest thing to do is call a dealer and get a part number of it, that'll make it easier to cross-reference.

thank you that seems easy enough but the filter looks different than the one on ecp also do I need to remove the air box to get to it as its not visible (to me anyway)

yes that looks like the one on ecp but different from the one in the youtube video

9 minutes ago, Kmac888 said:

yes that looks like the one on ecp but different from the one in the youtube video

Can you provide a link to the YouTube video?

That is not a yaris that's why, i was thinking of another style toyota use

eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264828445234

found another vid with the same style filter as the yaris, not the greatest, but you get the jist , scan the vid to the bit you need

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdzE-387UN0

xp130 early diesel filter.pdf

• Thanks 1

yes thank you that matches the paper filter insert. You're right it's not the best video but I get the idea. Thank you for your help

• Like 1