Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Notification of VIN for new order

Vogit

I've just been notified via My T that that the RAV4 PHEV I've got on order has left the factory (Went straight there from order being processed, no being built status!). I was wondering if I'll be notified of the VIN by the app, or if I need to get this from the dealer?

I didn't get the VIN in the app until it had the status of arrived at dealer. However, I'm sure while I was waiting, I saw other posts on this, or maybe other, forums where they did have it while it was in transit. 

Hope those ships have a following wind for you and it's not too long. 

12 minutes ago, nlee said:

Hope those ships have a following wind for you and it's not too long. 

Thanks!

Hi, when did you place the order for the PHEV as ours still says processing as well

Glad yours is on route.

Cheers

Mine is now showing in transit to UK, ordered on 27th September.

7 hours ago, Andy427 said:

Hi, when did you place the order for the PHEV as ours still says processing as well

Glad yours is on route.

Cheers

Ordered on 23rd September - Dynamic Premium in Silver Blade, no extras.

Thanks for letting me know, we ordered a dynamic premium in Decuma Grey on the 1st October. fingers crossed it might be on its way in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

update PHEV car ordered on 1st October just shown on MyT as gone into build. the Dynamic HEV we ordered in June with premium pack  is still in processing Garage are leaving it on order so they have it allocated and can sell it when it arrives

hopefully see the PHEV just after Christmas.

@andy427, it never fails to excite me when I can track or get an update on a new car, great feeling. Enjoy…

Andy

What info did you put into the MyT app?, I've put the app on my phone but it asking for License Plate, VIN number nether of which I have.

It’s a while since I did mine but you’ll need the Toyota order number, you’ll also need to have created a Toyota account to log onto the MyToyota web site things like the reg number can wait. I didn’t have the VIN number but I think others have said they needed to get this to get the MyT app up and running. I think the dealer can help get it going for you. Once it’s up and running you’ll get a %age complete figure and this will not get completely set up until you have all the details and registered the multimedia system. But it functions to track the car manufacture this can so be done on the MyToyota web site, same data etc. 

I’d get the web site log in count set up.

Thanks Ernie

I have set both up now with the same details as far as I can (I don’t have the order number) but then I don’t know where to enter it anyway

I didn't have to do anything, it just popped up the moment I paid the holding payment. I had set up a My Toyota account previously to save a few cars I'd configured online. I can only assume the email address I gave when placing the order automatically associated it with the email address in my My Toyota account.

Does your order receipt have the same email address as the email you set up you account with. If the dealer hasn't included your email address on the order it might not be able to automatically link to the account. Probably best to discuss with you salesperson.

Thanks Nigel

Well I had set it up but moved it on with more info today address and phone number, the dealer told me delivery was forecast as April and I’m probably expecting too much for them to have any info at present, I just want to make sure I hadn’t missed anything out.

Hi, sorry for late reply. I did not have to enter anything the order number came up when i logged in so could click on car to see what was happening.

the first one is still showing with the order number the same as the PHEV but has not moved from processing in 4 months.

i assume when the dealer places the order it links to my email address for log in.

Cheers

Screenshot 2021-11-09 161111.png

Thanks Andy

That makes it clear, Just need to wait or pester the dealer to ensure things are on track.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2021 at 5:24 PM, Andy427 said:

Thanks for letting me know, we ordered a dynamic premium in Decuma Grey on the 1st October. fingers crossed it might be on its way in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers

Hello. I ordered the exact same on the 8th October. My dealer said the delivery will be in March next year so a long wait. Have yours shipped? 

8 hours ago, Adaml99 said:

Hello. I ordered the exact same on the 8th October. My dealer said the delivery will be in March next year so a long wait. Have yours shipped? 

Hi, car went into build a week ago according to app. not showing as left the factory yet.

Update, car was in build for 2 weeks now showing left the factory. hopefully that means its at the port waiting for a boat to be loaded. January prediction by dealer may have been spot on.

Thanks for the update @Andy427. Must feel good to know the vehicle is on its way. 

Strictly speaking, the car I ordered isn’t the same spec as yours - I went for the JBL sound. Hope that doesn’t add too much extra time onto the build.

just wondering if these new builds inherit these minor 2022 model enhancements or whether they are only applicable if you order a new RAV4 now. Don’t suppose anyone know?

I think I read somewhere that the headlamps and fog lights are improved. 

11 hours ago, Adaml99 said:

Thanks for the update @Andy427. Must feel good to know the vehicle is on its way. 

Strictly speaking, the car I ordered isn’t the same spec as yours - I went for the JBL sound. Hope that doesn’t add too much extra time onto the build.

just wondering if these new builds inherit these minor 2022 model enhancements or whether they are only applicable if you order a new RAV4 now. Don’t suppose anyone know?

I think I read somewhere that the headlamps and fog lights are improved. 

According to this site anything built after this month (November) should be the MY2022.

Read the comments at the end to see this.

RAV4 Adventure adds rugged styling for 2022 - Toyota UK Magazine

• Like 1

Well Car is now at the dealership and I’ve got the VIN number, as it’s appeared on myT!

Must say the tracking was a bit strange. Ordered 23/09, got email 28/10 saying car had left the factory (No in build stays in between), 17/11 MyT updated to “In transit UK, Derbyshire “(Must have been super fast ship) 23/11 salesman rang to say it had arrived. 

I’m not complaining, just wondering about the tracking …

• Like 1