Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

GR performance parts Japan

AndyRC

https://toyotagazooracing.com/jp/gr/86/customize/gr_performance_parts/

Looks like Toyota have a lot of performance parts available in Japan for the GR86 , including brakes which look very similar to those on the GR Yaris. Wonder if Toyota will make them available in the U.K. via the dealer network? 

Probably wouldn't be economic for Toyota. 

A very basic version of the GR86 is available in Japan - the RC with steel wheels and two speaker stereo - which would be prime for adding performance enhancements to, etc.

On 10/31/2021 at 12:53 PM, flash22 said:

Anything is possible if your pockets are deep enough, the aftermarket will not be far behind supporting these cars

https://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/pickup-car/gr_86/index.html

https://www.fensport.co.uk/blogs/fensport-blog/gr-parts-for-the-gr86-an-early-look

I may be wrong but I think you can only get the GR parts for the GR Yaris from Fensport, or other importers, as they are not available via the U.K. dealer network, which seems crazy but there must be some reason why they are not 🤷‍♂️

They are not officially licenced, or Toyota UK don't have the rights/franchise to sell them, along the lines of TRD

Fensport are the UK importer

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2021 at 12:53 PM, flash22 said:

Anything is possible if your pockets are deep enough, the aftermarket will not be far behind supporting these cars

https://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/pickup-car/gr_86/index.html

https://www.fensport.co.uk/blogs/fensport-blog/gr-parts-for-the-gr86-an-early-look

I’d be hoping Toyota offer some form of a “Performance Pack”  brakes , suspension etc on a new car which should make it cheaper than having to swap parts and avoid discussions with insurers. I tested  a GT86 with the performance pack Brembo brakes which were great. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/24/2021 at 9:34 AM, AndyRC said:

I’d be hoping Toyota offer some form of a “Performance Pack”  brakes , suspension etc on a new car which should make it cheaper than having to swap parts and avoid discussions with insurers. I tested  a GT86 with the performance pack Brembo brakes which were great. 

Unfortunately this is extremely unlikely as the law now prevents dealers making alterations to car after the COC ( Certificate of conformity ) is issued and before the car is invoiced.

When ordering a car Toyota now have to include any alterations they make post production, pre delivery onto the certificate of conformity as these alterations have to include:

•  Accessories with mass of 1KG or more must be type approved and taken into account when the fuel consumption and CO2 emissions figures for the individual vehicle are determined, i.e. at dispatch of the vehicle from the hub when its COC is generated
  •  Accessories that alter the factory build aerodynamics >0.001 must be type approved and taken into account when the fuel consumption and CO2 emissions figures for the individual vehicle are determined, i.e. at dispatch of the vehicle from the hub when its CoC is generated.
  •  Removable accessories fall outside of the scope of WLTP. Because they are not a ‘permanent’ fixture of the vehicle, their effect on fuel consumption and CO2 emissions does not need to be taken into account.

With the above in consideration Toyota also have to ensure any alteration or combination of alterations have to fit within the allowable limits of the model homologation where a % variation from base figures are allowed but going beyond these would require an all new model type homologated ( at considerable cost), a good example of this is Hilux double cab 2.4 manual, Toyota UK's homologation covers all trim levels from base Active trim through Icon, Invincible upti & including Top spec Invincible X, an Active can have approx. 150kg added and fit within reg's whereas an Invincible X can only take 34kg and a Tor bar adds 32kg leaving little to no legal option for more.

Third parties can make amendments post sale but legally they should be licensed and apply for a new COC to include their amendments and should they take the car over its legal Homologated limit the Tax man is allowed to increase the Taxes applied an example would be Truckman they are licensed and allowed to apply for a new COC and are obliged to do so when they do.

Owners can also make amendments and should declare them as well.

From a Toyota / Dealer perspective the authorities are unlikely to single out individual owners so any changes they make are likely to go unnoticed whereas it is very easy to audit a dealer then fine them for breaches so we 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links