Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY22 Rav4 update

ZZYGY

I ordered a Rav4 2wd last week 22 weeks + delivery, good trade in value + 0% PCP. Dealer said there was an upgrade coming with minor changes but not clear on details. Not a deal breaker but curious to know if the new Multimedia thingy will be included. Or is it prioritised for just  new models/full upgrades. 

I'm in a similar situation to you, first went to the dealer on the 13th Oct ordered the Rav4 Excel on the 18th over that weekend the configurator on Toyota web site changed the price increased by £280 and a banner pops up say the 2022 was available for order, so I have no idea at present but new Rav4's outside of order process are few and far between.

If you read this it suggests what to expect if you get the new version of the standard Rav4: 

@ Roger_N

Thanks for that Roger, saw the guff on Adventure but not the price change on the configurator, maybe my cookies are locked. I've never bought Toyota before but no doubt their dealers are like all the rest in keeping their cards close to their chests.

In the current situation customers like me, buying new, appear have the advantage. In my case the trade in value and 0% gives me 2 years repayments funded by the trade in with a remaining balance towards a very affordable balloon,  no brainer.

If I don't like what turns up in march April I can walk away, no deposit requested on order.  I don't think the dealer will be bothered if I walk. If the trade in value changes significantly either way I still have options.

Similar position here gents. Ordered an 2wd Excel with premium pack in silver blade at the beginning of October. Not sure how much extra it will cost but from digging around on the internet the biggest update is the inclusion of an electric seat for the passenger, refreshed headlight design and LED bulbs on exterior and interior. 

Had a call from the dealers this morning and I’ve been given a date of April for the new Rav4 to arrive, so even if it is brought forward I would expect it to be the 2022 version.

I ordered Tokyo red so this may be adding to the delay.

• Thanks 1

The ‘guff’ about the Adventurer also gives an overview of the wider 22MY updates. All cars built from this month will be 22MY build spec. It is some of those with undelivered Black Edition cars who will be disappointed….. 

I can add a bit of info having been contacted by my dealer this afternoon. 

I ordered a Rav4 Dynamic trim in Tecuma grey with JBL upgrade plus tow bar late September with a projected delivery in mid March

The dealer email indicated that it would fall into the updated MY2022 model production line and listed the changes

Puddle lights, Passenger electric seats with lumbar support, Illuminated window switches, LED fog lights, USBC connection, Interior LED lights and LED projector headlight design. 

Anybody ordering around the time of my order and later will be in for the updated model as well. Sounds promising and an extra bonus. No other news of alterations to delivery dates. 

Is yours a HEV? I too ordered a Dynamic Premium PHEV with towbar late September- already on the ship to UK. Out of interest does the MyT app details for your car refer to the towbar? 

Yes, sorry, I left that bit out. It is an HEV I ordered, hence the much longer order/delivery time. MyT only shows  the basic details as in vehicle model, engine and transmission

I was thinking of "upgrading" my 2019 RAV4 Excel AWD to the plug-in, especially since my current car is now worth over £1500 more than what I paid for it back in September 2019! If this chip crisis is only short term, I could do without a car for a year as I still have a Prius to use in the meantime.

Hmmm.... Do I sell my 26 month old RAV4 Excel AWD, make a decent profit, sit tight and order the Plug-In once the chip shortage to be solved, or do I just keep it for the 10 years that I originally planned for - thoughts?

WeBuyAnyCar today have offered me £33,500 (dealer £28,500 - LOL!) after me going to see them to check it over. It's pristine with only 4300 miles and with a gleaming ceramic polish. I paid £32,000 on the nose in 2019 after playing off CarWow, Autoebid and dealers against each other.

Can I assume that there's no discount whatsoever to be had on a Plug-In at this time? I'll be a cash buyer, unless there's a good 0% PCP deal.

34 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I was thinking of "upgrading" my 2019 RAV4 Excel AWD to the plug-in, especially since my current car is now worth over £1500 more than what I paid for it back in September 2019! If this chip crisis is only short term, I could do without a car for a year as I still have a Prius to use in the meantime.

Hmmm.... Do I sell my 26 month old RAV4 Excel AWD, make a decent profit, sit tight and order the Plug-In once the chip shortage to be solved, or do I just keep it for the 10 years that I originally planned for - thoughts?

WeBuyAnyCar today have offered me £33,500 (dealer £28,500 - LOL!) after me going to see them to check it over. It's pristine with only 4300 miles and with a gleaming ceramic polish. I paid £32,000 on the nose in 2019 after playing off CarWow, Autoebid and dealers against each other.

Can I assume that there's no discount whatsoever to be had on a Plug-In at this time? I'll be a cash buyer, unless there's a good 0% PCP deal.

It’s not very often you can claim to make a profit on a 2 year old car. If you’re thinking of getting rid and can do without a car for a while as you say, now would definitely be the time to sell.

I think I saw people were being offered around 3-4% discount on the PHEV on carwow even after the price drop and when I ordered my car in August Toyota we’re offering 0% PCP over 2 years.

Even if you weren’t ready to go for the PHEV yet could you just buy a newer version of the same model you already have and still stay in profit?

• Like 1

The chip problem will not be fully solved until 2023. The 0% is (or was) still available. The PHEV is on shorter delivery than the HEV….. 

5 hours ago, Yam16 said:

I can add a bit of info having been contacted by my dealer this afternoon. 

I ordered a Rav4 Dynamic trim in Tecuma grey with JBL upgrade plus tow bar late September with a projected delivery in mid March

The dealer email indicated that it would fall into the updated MY2022 model production line and listed the changes

Puddle lights, Passenger electric seats with lumbar support, Illuminated window switches, LED fog lights, USBC connection, Interior LED lights and LED projector headlight design. 

Anybody ordering around the time of my order and later will be in for the updated model as well. Sounds promising and an extra bonus. No other news of alterations to delivery dates. 

Not really any great change there YAM16 a few new LEDs so can't see much justification for a significant price increase. I'll wait for confirmation of the new  spec from dealer or Toyota website. I may just have to upgrade to the JBL as I like having 360 degree view although I think  bundling it with the audio is weird, marketing folks eh? . I would still like to know if the Multimedia upgrade is going to happen, looks doubtful though, as it appears not to be just a software update. 

The update items were sent through from my dealer, so they've had some info from Toyota presumably. Nothing on there re. the multimedia system

• Thanks 1

There is no reference in the press release to any infotainment system upgrade. However price increases will happen, just look at how energy, raw material and shipping costs are increasing for everything. Toyota are not immune to those factors, it is called inflation. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ZZYGY said:

Not really any great change there YAM16 a few new LEDs so can't see much justification for a significant price increase. I'll wait for confirmation of the new  spec from dealer or Toyota website. I may just have to upgrade to the JBL as I like having 360 degree view although I think  bundling it with the audio is weird, marketing folks eh? . I would still like to know if the Multimedia upgrade is going to happen, looks doubtful though, as it appears not to be just a software update. 

If look at the Toyota price list for October and compare it with the configurator price there is a difference of £280 on the Hev, this happen around the 18th of October when 2022 info started to appear on the configurator.

4 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

If look at the Toyota price list for October and compare it with the configurator price there is a difference of £280 on the Hev, this happen around the 18th of October when 2022 info started to appear on the configurator.

There's a November Price List on the website now that gives prices for 2022 MY RAV4s. It's a small increase exactly as you describe. The website also indicates that the RAV4 brochure is currently being updated - presumably to include 2022MY specs etc.

The 2021MY RAV4 is no longer available on the price list.

The price list still shows existing pricing for the 2021MY RAV4 PHEV - there is no 2022MY RAV4 PHEV shown or indicated as forthcoming ...

I am led to believe The PHEV already has at least some of the HEV 22MY upgrades (such as lighting). That price increase is very modest considering. 

4 hours ago, philip42h said:

There's a November Price List on the website now that gives prices for 2022 MY RAV4s. It's a small increase exactly as you describe. The website also indicates that the RAV4 brochure is currently being updated - presumably to include 2022MY specs etc.

The 2021MY RAV4 is no longer available on the price list.

The price list still shows existing pricing for the 2021MY RAV4 PHEV - there is no 2022MY RAV4 PHEV shown or indicated as forthcoming ...

I noticed the Adventure replaces the Black Edition in the 2022 list

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links