Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

E-call.

Jasper.

Hi , I'm new to the forum although I have been browsing for some time. I have a mk4 Yaris Excel and think it's superb but I have one issue that will hopefully be resolved later this week.

Since I took delivery back in March I haven't been able to connect the car to 'My T' despite several visits to my local Toyota dealer. They have now finally diagnosed the issue as a faulty E-call module. 

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem  ?

Thanks...

Hasn’t worked for nearly three months. Got fed up with the dealer trying to fix it. Still it helped strengthen my case to reject the car, due to other faults, and I’ve got a replacement arriving I a couple of weeks 

• Like 1

Funnily enough there's currently a recall out for faulty eCall modules - Had mine done just recently at a service (I was there for 4 hours in total! :wacko: ). Assuming yours hasn't been done, they should book you in for recall work, but if it is faulty in a way that isn't related to the recall it's still definitely covered under warranty anyway so they should fix it free of charge. If they're as useless as the dealers down here you may need to pester them to get it booked in to get the work done tho'.

Enjoy the car, it's flippin' mega :biggrin: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jasper. said:

Hi , I'm new to the forum although I have been browsing for some time. I have a mk4 Yaris Excel and think it's superb but I have one issue that will hopefully be resolved later this week.

Since I took delivery back in March I haven't been able to connect the car to 'My T' despite several visits to my local Toyota dealer. They have now finally diagnosed the issue as a faulty E-call module. 

Thanks...

On my Corolla had an issue with people hearing me on phone calls within the car. They did something with the telematics module as unknown to me at the time the ecall was also not working . Now all sorted 

• Like 1

The DCM has known issues, there is a TSB and also a recall - it affects a lot of Toyota's, Dealers not setting them up correctly is another problem

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 7:27 PM, Jasper. said:

Thanks...

welcome

• Like 1

Well , as an update on this , I took my Yaris to my local Toyota dealer after work today and waited patiently for an hour whilst they worked on it to then be told they'd replaced the E-call but this hasn't fixed the problem so it's due to go back in a weeks time for what sounds like the DCM recall.....

Please does anyone know how long this is likely to take ?

Thanks..

Another update  , had the eCall recall done this morning,  evidently the first one carried out by Listers at Stratford upon Avon and at last I'm fully connected and can get the full features available on the My T app..

Happy to know that it's finally sorted..😊

• Like 5

Glad to hear that yours has been sorted.

Everything has been working okay on my Yaris until Wednesday, when I took my car for its first annual service and they wanted to do the eCall update.  Unfortunately, the software kept crashing, and a new CPU/EPU (?) has had to be ordered.

Driving home from the dealer, I received a phone call, but the caller could not hear me, so I called back... same problem.  I tried calling a different person and she could not hear me, either.

Yesterday, I notified the dealer of the problem, and they have booked my car in for investigation.  They said that the bluetooth would not have been affected by anything they did.  This morning, I checked MyT app, and the app has not updated since it was at Toyota.  I drove more than 200 miles yesterday and am in Lincoln, but my car is still showing its location as West Sussex!

Hopefully, the problem will be rectified when the component is replaced.  The bad news is that Toyota cannot give me a date for when the part will be available!  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Update:  my Yaris had the replacement ECU fitted yesterday.  The phone works properly again now. 

However, I am still trying to get the MyT app to work!  Toyota Motorline say I need to liaise with the App's Helpdesk to get them to reset the app for me!

New module means it has a new IMEI (it's basically a mobile phone) and the account needs to be registered, the dealer should have done this tbh

It may take 48 hours to re-activate or the new device needs to be added to you're My T account

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links