Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camry End of sale

Devon Aygo

Toyota UK announced today that due to lack of sales Camry is no longer going to be available for new purchase from 1st November, outstanding orders will be fulfilled but no new orders accepted.

• Thanks 1

You know, I'd forgotten they even sold the Camry here... :unsure:

I always associated that car as the American equivalent of the Avensis...!

'tis a shame, as from what I hear they're really nice cars... maybe just not enough to differentiate it with the Corolla and Prius, or stepping into the Lexus equivalent segments...?

Maybe they should have leveraged its Fast and Furious appearances in advertising :laugh:  

Well that is no surprise  to me, although it’s probably the best Toyota car of all models. It’s simply too big and too old school for the eu/uk market. Many other makes also discontinue similar models like mondeo and Passat soon. People are into new type of cars and the new coming bz4 is exactly what people likes and wants these days 👌

Aww, that's a shame as I really liked the Mondeo and Passat too! Would never own one myself as they're too big for my usecase, but been a passenger in them many times and they're lovely to ride in. Much better at absorbing bumps than any car I've owned, and the Passat still has the trophy for best seats I've ever sat in! Never been in another car that had such nice soft plushy seats - I don't know why manufacturers still insist on leather as their premium seat material when that exists!

I hate that everything is going Crossover and SUV... we don't need more giant inefficient land barges on our roads!!

The problem is this perception that bigger = more valuable. I personally would love a premium Yaris-sized car with all the sort of toys you normally get on bigger cars. The Mk4 is a good shout, with things like the HUD and auto-cruise, and the jappy one is even a step up from that with heated everything, 360 degree camera, auto parking etc.. , Mmmm, I wonder what Lexus could do with a Yaris! But I guess there aren't enough people like me who'd happily throw large sums of money at a small car :sad: (Or at least the industry believes that... given how rabid the GR Yaris takeup has been, maybe there are more people like that!)

I've got a Camry with only 8000 miles on it.  Someone drove into it last week. I'm now needing 2 passenger side doors, front bumper,, guard and headlight. Is this going to be problematic on account of them discontinuing the sale of them or Brexit? Hopefully not. I sold an 2018 Mercedes e220d to buy my Camry.

• Like 1

Spares will still be available for a number of years yet.

Nothing to do with Brexit.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On the continent it is no different, Camry sales are just too low and the Camry is no longer to be purchased, people prefer RAV.

Got mine, very low milage (actual km), with a gigantic discount, compared to list price.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

the Camry is in my opinion the finest car Toyota ever made especially the 6 cylinder 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Very pleased I actually managed to buy a Camry in mid 2020, although I did consider buying a Mercedes E220 or BMW 320 instead. Before the Camry I’d had 2 Avensis (2014 & 2017) but the Camry has so much more drivability. Sadly I didn’t bring home the 6 cylinder Camry I had in Saudi Arabia. If only Toyota had chosen to advertise the things: I never saw a single advertisement for a Camry here in the UK. I guess it was part of the big plan to get others driving SUVs. Oh, and it’s nothing like a Corolla or Prius…

• 1 month later...

How long was it on sale for?

Definitely didn't feel long!

• 8 months later...

Camry sell in Europe is not good because Toyota only offer very high up trim, similar to Limited in USA which is too close to Lexus ES price.   If Toyota offer basic model like Camry LE that cost similar to Corolla Excel trim, it may have better sale number.  However, for that size and length, people prefer the practicality of Station Wagon of Corolla Touring Sport. 

Are the old Camry's proper auto box ie torque converter, and cam chain engines?

By old, I mean late 90s early 2000s up to 2005.

There seems to be one or two about at reasonable money, and lowish mileage.

• 1 month later...

My friend recently bought a nearly new face lifted Camry. These were only available in 2.5 Hybrid (dynamic force engine whatever that means..).

What a lovely relaxing car to drive and so economical. No rev counter though sadly 😒