Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MY22 RAV4 update issued

Devon Aygo

Toyota published a bulletin today confirming MY22 updates

image.thumb.png.684c6d7a8c2ed5564af5e85313ed9eeb.pngimage.thumb.png.77b29025acd148f91a0c304f632cd564.png

image.thumb.png.c97ea32d791cf6501b924285c97b41fe.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi, thank you for sharing. Do you know when the facelift production will start?

This month. The inference appears to suggest this only applies to HEV range too. 

There's some information on  mag.toyota.co.uk

Main article is about the Adventure model, but further on, some questions from buyers and answers from Toyota UK. Some answers state that MY2021 final production month is November. There's other info on buyers checking with their dealers re. stock numbers issued or not to derermine if their order is MY2021 or MY2022. Has anyone tried that with their dealer?

My dealer has already told me that my order (late September) will be MY2022 model. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yam16 said:

There's some information on  mag.toyota.co.uk

Main article is about the Adventure model, but further on, some questions from buyers and answers from Toyota UK. Some answers state that MY2021 final production month is November. There's other info on buyers checking with their dealers re. stock numbers issued or not to derermine if their order is MY2021 or MY2022. Has anyone tried that with their dealer?

My dealer has already told me that my order (late September) will be MY2022 model. 

Well reading the comments it looks like you dealer “should” know but you never can be sure until things are firmed up.

I ordered mine on the 18th October, the dealer used the Oct price list to calculate the price (MY 2021 I’m now glad I took a picture on my phone as the dealer was not giving me much in the way of paper work) but I did pay a deposit, so time will tell, although as my delivery is being given as April the presumption would be, it would be the 2022 model.

The other interesting point was the Adventurer grade has a spare wheel, so there may be a chance of getting one for my Excel not free of course but I would like to get a full size one if I can.

My dealer emailed the info, so it's in black and white, but I take your point as until you see it in the flesh, one never knows, but the helpful clue is in the comment made in the answers given about the order/stock no., details of which are on the order form copy given to me, which shows a zero next to the stock no. To me that confirms my dealers  recent message. 

Like you, I would prefer a spare wheel and may well source one rather than have just a can of tyre weld. Having said that, I ordered a spare wheel etc on my current car, a Yeti, I purchased back in 2014 and so far I haven't used it!! 

18 minutes ago, Yam16 said:

My dealer emailed the info, so it's in black and white, but I take your point as until you see it in the flesh, one never knows, but the helpful clue is in the comment made in the answers given about the order/stock no., details of which are on the order form copy given to me, which shows a zero next to the stock no. To me that confirms my dealers  recent message. 

Like you, I would prefer a spare wheel and may well source one rather than have just a can of tyre weld. Having said that, I ordered a spare wheel etc on my current car, a Yeti, I purchased back in 2014 and so far I haven't used it!! 

The sales person I am dealing with was new and I don’t think he wanted to do anything without it being sanction by his manager.

I agree about the stock number if it’s zero there are none available but that’s not to say that Toyota could not make more cars during this month.

As far as spare wheels go the only thing you can be sure of, if you have one you probably will not use it but if you don’t……..

50 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

The sales person I am dealing with was new and I don’t think he wanted to do anything without it being sanction by his manager.

I agree about the stock number if it’s zero there are none available but that’s not to say that Toyota could not make more cars during this month.

As far as spare wheels go the only thing you can be sure of, if you have one you probably will not use it but if you don’t……..

I heard there is a chip shortage, is that right.? If so then a car could not be completed.

58 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

Unlikely as Toyota have been affected by the global shortage of semiconductors and has had to reduce production:

17 minutes ago, Catlover said:

I heard there is a chip shortage, is that right.? If so then a car could not be completed.

Pardon? Where have you been! This is why just about ALL cars from any manufacturer anywhere are on anything from 6-15 months delivery. 

18 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

Pardon? Where have you been! This is why just about ALL cars from any manufacturer anywhere are on anything from 6-15 months delivery. 

I know there is a chip shortage, other posts of mine would confirm that.

Your comments should have been at Roger-N who perhaps has not heard about the shortage, that’s why I made the comment….in reply to Rogers comment.

So guys, we have this thing called sarcasm, that apparently us British are famous for using on everyone :laugh: 

It was too subtle for me today….. I work in the public sector where sarcasm is strictly non PC, so verboten. 

Ack, you have my sympathies (not sarcastic!)

My comment was made because of the reply to a question asked on: mag.toyota.co.uk/toyota-rav4-adventure-adds-rugged-styling-for-2022-model/

"Thanks for your comment and thank you for your order.
The final production month of current Model Year RAV4 is November.
The planned production volume has very recently been uploaded to our system.
Therefore if your Centre checks your order now, if it is showing as matched to a vehicle stock number then it will be current Model Year, but if it is still showing as unmatched then it will come from MY22.
Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Thanks."

I know about the shortage of the silicon chips but Toyota may have had new stock, I don't know that but it is possible.

I don't see that the above response from Toyota gives any impression that their planned production reductions in November have changed in the 2.5 weeks since the October announcement.

Read the post above which clearly states Toyota are to CUT  production in November….. how do you deduce they are increasing production? 

5 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I don't see that the above response from Toyota gives any impression that their planned production reductions in November have changed in the 2.5 weeks since the October announcement.

The statement seems ambiguous I.E Toyota is set to cut global car production for the third time in November, but the firm will still expect to have its most productive November ever.

It makes no mention of which model may be cut or indeed which model may be part of the most productive November ever or even which plant they mat be talking about.

5 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

Read the post above which clearly states Toyota are to CUT  production in November….. how do you deduce they are increasing production? 

I was responding to a post, I haven’t said they are increasing production, the response said they are still building the MY 2021 car until the end of November and someone MAY get one.

I was only commenting on a statement made by a Toyota employee, I like you have no real idea what will happen.

I suspect a statement by Toyota to Autocar will be better informed than a salesperson. The typical 6 month delivery times for new orders for just about any Toyota product tell you everything you need to know. 

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

I suspect a statement by Toyota to Autocar will be better informed than a salesperson. The typical 6 month delivery times for new orders for just about any Toyota product tell you everything you need to know. 

Adrian

The chances are if you ordered well into the production slowdown you will get a MY2022 car.

The information isn’t from a salesperson it’s from a Toyota website and it’s more recent than that given to Autocar, the question was asked serval times and got the same response, I posted the link so check it out. The delivery dates are not a true indicator either way, as there are people on here that have ordered the PHEV model and got delivery info within weeks currently the configurator on Toyota’s web page is saying 22 weeks for the PHEV were the HEV is not showing any delay or leastways it wasn’t when I just looked and hasn’t for the last few days.

Do we think the MY2022 illuminated window switches will be able to be fitted as a retrograde update to a MY2021 Rav? The Rav I have recently bought superior in most ways to my previous Mazda CX-5 - but not this one ☹️

29 minutes ago, Other Homer said:

Do we think the MY2022 illuminated window switches will be able to be fitted as a retrograde update to a MY2021 Rav?

There are earlier topics in the Rav4 club regarding fitting illuminated switches - have a search. Switches fitted by yourself probably won't be covered under the new car warranty.

3 hours ago, Other Homer said:

Do we think the MY2022 illuminated window switches will be able to be fitted as a retrograde update to a MY2021 Rav? The Rav I have recently bought superior in most ways to my previous Mazda CX-5 - but not this one ☹️

Interested on how you feel the Rav4 is better, as I’m trading my 2 year old CX-5 sport Nav in for the same model you have.

I think the only thing I will miss is the HUD.

Does anyone know if the MY22 Dynamic will have 19” alloys? The updated pictures (I.e. build your RAV4) all show the car with 18” alloys. Anyone confirm the 19” 10 spoke alloys will be on the Dynamic?