Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MY22 RAV4 update issued

Devon Aygo

15 hours ago, Rob Williams said:

Does anyone know if the MY22 Dynamic will have 19” alloys? The updated pictures (I.e. build your RAV4) all show the car with 18” alloys. Anyone confirm the 19” 10 spoke alloys will be on the Dynamic?

Just looked at the 2022 price list and have seen they are 19"

Rav4 2022 wheel size.jpg

Hi Roger,  on reflection perhaps that was a bit of a sweeping statement about the CX-5. That being said, mine was a 2014 SEL Nav model so I went for the Excel RAV 4 as it had all the kit I had in the CX-5 aside from a sunroof and electric adjustment passenger seat (and more features). To be fair, if I'd had a more recent model CX-5 than yours then perhaps a closer match. I had a 2006 model RAV 4 before the Mazda but have returned for the hybrid technology in the main, but very pleased with the 2021 RAV 4 anyway.

Although the CX-5 2.2 Skyactive diesel a very good engine in my experience, with mine at 67K miles I was worried about DPF related breakdown which like other makes is this engines achilles heel, but also turbo failure. The other thing was the quality of the paintwork which was the poorest I have had on any car - so prone to scratches from the slightest contact.

Modern auto paint is water based soft and has poor scratch resistance due to legislation having removed the chemicals that make it hard. It isn’t just a Mazda problem. As for DPF’ failure, a well used diesel using premium fuel should exceed 100k miles without any problems. I have managed it twice and with regular oil changes not had a sniff of turbo failure. And some of my diesels had north of 180k miles on the clock. 

Mark

I also had a 65 plate CX-5 AWD Skyactive diesel but I couldn’t accept the amount of diesel that ended up in the oil, it needed draining twice a year, I was told it was because the mileage I did was low and I didn’t do enough long runs but this make little difference to the issue. It’s a common problem regardless of the type of driving you do. The other issue was the cold weather rattle from the dashboard, I found the reason for it in the end but by then I had decided to change.it.

I had the soul red and had no trouble paint wise; maybe this was down to the extra clear coat on these

Apart from those issues I liked the car.

Yes thanks Roger and Adrian for your responses.  I used Shell V Power diesel pretty much all of the time as aware of the reported perils of low quality cheaper fuel - given I know my usage of the car was not ideal being mainly short runs in urban use (another reason for return to petrol with the RAV), this helped me avoid DPF or carbon fouling related issues - and the rising oil level problem from DPF cleaning cycle not having time to finish properly.

I had the deep crystal blue colour car and the CX-5 owners club FB group full of stories of issues with this colour in particular. Hoping Decuma Grey will be better with my RAV - certainly doesn't show the road dirt as much as the dark blue   🙂

Hi all, I'm seriously looking at the '22 RAV4 PHEV as my next car. Based on a Canadian YT video, I heard that the 2022 model will loose the heated rear seats. Is this true? I decided to wait for the face lifted vers. as I've heard / read the infotainment will be improved with OTA updates and the car will have LED fogs and LED interior lightning.

Does anyone know the full plus and minuses for the '22 model?

20 minutes ago, Nicolai said:

Hi all, I'm seriously looking at the '22 RAV4 PHEV as my next car. Based on a Canadian YT video, I heard that the 2022 model will loose the heated rear seats. Is this true? I decided to wait for the face lifted vers. as I've heard / read the infotainment will be improved with OTA updates and the car will have LED fogs and LED interior lightning.

Does anyone know the full plus and minuses for the '22 model?

This is a UK forum - folk here can only (sensibly) give a view on UK spec cars.

You don't say where your are from, but you'll need to look closely at the specs for your own geography and then make up your own mind ... 😉

1 minute ago, philip42h said:

This is a UK forum - folk here can only (sensibly) give a view on UK spec cars.

You don't say where your are from, but you'll need to look closely at the specs for your own geography and then make up your own mind ... 😉

I'm Danish.

Just now, Nicolai said:

I'm Danish.

Then definitely don't let yourself be confused by Canadian YouTube videos! Do check out what Toyota are offering in Denmark - and don't tell folk in the UK 'cos the specs on UK cars are likely to be inferior! 🙂

1 minute ago, philip42h said:

Then definitely don't let yourself be confused by Canadian YouTube videos! Do check out what Toyota are offering in Denmark - and don't tell folk in the UK 'cos the specs on UK cars are likely to be inferior! 🙂

I wouldn't bet on that. the specs are quite similar yet different (don't you just love ambiguity), however, to me the UK seems to come out on top. I'd hate to loose the rear heated seats although I'd probably use them very seldom. Improved headlights will be a bonus though as my eyesight doesn't favour night time driving.

34 minutes ago, Nicolai said:

I wouldn't bet on that. the specs are quite similar yet different (don't you just love ambiguity), however, to me the UK seems to come out on top. I'd hate to loose the rear heated seats although I'd probably use them very seldom. Improved headlights will be a bonus though as my eyesight doesn't favour night time driving.

I would actually, for example Norway gets full 360 camera (PVM) and heated steering wheel which UK does not get on PHEV but does on HEV…… 

As others have said each Toyota global area has its own specs, you need to check out on the appropriate Danish dealers web site.

@Nicolai The specs for neighbouring countries can be quite different, frustratingly so, sometimes, but it does look as if the further north you go the easier it is to have heated stuff (seats, steering wheel, and W.H.Y) and easier it is to have a panoramic roof at lower trim levels.

There is a youtube video about the new RAV4 trim for America (I know that trim levels are different for different markets), that shows external facelift changes. Most noticeable is the new headlights, as was mentioned on Toyota blog.

I hope the Danish vers. will keep the heated rear seats

23 hours ago, Nicolai said:

I hope the Danish vers. will keep the heated rear seats

The dealer convinced me that they would keep this option for the Nordic countries (I am from Estonia and usually the Baltic and Scandinavian countries have the same set of options).

Is this bulletin only released for the UK market or are there equal ones for the others also? I ordered a 22 Adventure and have no idea whats included 🙂

Oh and I'm Swedish

5 minutes ago, Lars Friman said:

Is this bulletin only released for the UK market or are there equal ones for the others also? I ordered a 22 Adventure and have no idea whats included 🙂

Oh and I'm Swedish

Toyota Owners Club is UK based, and the information is supplied by Toyota GB for the UK market - specifications may vary from country to country. Contact Toyota Sweden to get information for your country.

Does anyone know if the plugin version gets the new lights, or is it just the Hybrid?

18 hours ago, Plugin Pete said:

Does anyone know if the plugin version gets the new lights, or is it just the Hybrid?

Have a look here at the comments, the question was general about the updates but the answer was no.

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/toyota-rav4-adventure-adds-rugged-styling-for-2022-model/

On 11/14/2021 at 12:23 PM, Flatcoat said:

I would actually, for example Norway gets full 360 camera (PVM) and heated steering wheel which UK does not get on PHEV but does on HEV…… 

I'm about to order a RAV4 PHEV in Dynamic Premium trim, but your comment concerns me. I thought the Dynamic Premium trim included the full 360 camera system and heated steering wheel, is this not the case?

2 minutes ago, AnApeNamedJoe said:

I'm about to order a RAV4 PHEV in Dynamic Premium trim, but your comment concerns me. I thought the Dynamic Premium trim included the full 360 camera system and heated steering wheel, is this not the case?

When last I looked, no it wasn't - if you want those particular toys you'll need an HEV in Excel trim (for the heated steering wheel) and possibly the Premium pack for the PVM. But best look at the detail in the published specs to see what is available in each model / trim level.

Note that the HEV and the PHEV are different models - they are not simply different engine options ...

45 minutes ago, philip42h said:

When last I looked, no it wasn't - if you want those particular toys you'll need an HEV in Excel trim (for the heated steering wheel) and possibly the Premium pack for the PVM. But best look at the detail in the published specs to see what is available in each model / trim level.

Note that the HEV and the PHEV are different models - they are not simply different engine options ...

Damn, looks like I'm not getting the PHEV then. I'll look at the Excel and Adventure trims, and if they don't have what I'm looking for I guess it's back to considering the Tucson. Thanks for the heads up.

Does anyone know where I can find a detailed specification of the new Adventure model, so I can compare it to the Excel? Thanks.

12 minutes ago, AnApeNamedJoe said:

Does anyone know where I can find a detailed specification of the new Adventure model, so I can compare it to the Excel? Thanks.

For now, I suspect that you'll just have to ask your dealer. Neither the online brochure nor the website have been updated for the Adventure trim. Note that, in effect, the Adventure trim replaces the Black Edition from last year and both are likely variations on the Dynamic. The Dynamic has the dynamic styling; the Excel has the extra toys ... I'd expect the details available via the website will be updated pretty soon! 🙂