Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MY22 RAV4 update issued

Devon Aygo

8 minutes ago, Malcdee said:

So if my new RAV Excel is being made this week it should be MY22?

Seems that way. 

2 hours ago, Malcdee said:

So if my new RAV Excel is being made this week it should be MY22?

I got told by my dealer this week that mine was a MY21 as it got shipped at beginning of November, and they weren't expecting any MY22 deliveries until May/June. 

11 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

However from this and elsewhere customers are (unsurprisingly) getting told different information by their dealers about 2022 spec build start dates. However the 22MY spec for the HEV’s does seem clear to me so puzzled by some of the comments. 2022 PHEV’ spec is easy too - same as 2021. 

Possible some of it is due to the fact that the dealer may have preordered cars to before the cut off and will have 2021 stock, potentially an earlier date.  I've seen this at a Skoda dealers who played this game to have cars available after the MY change.  This worked well for them one year when the new MY had a change to the coolant in the AC system and was not available due to high demand, sadly mine was a new build and it added over 4 weeks to the ETA.

Doubt it. Toyota dealers do not seem to be in the game of pre-orders. When I was shopping around the dealers (and I phoned quite a few), not one referred to any pipeline orders or early availability.   

My new one was ordered Start of August and has an expected date end of January. Apparently delay was due to my choice of Beige leather. How waiting for leather stock allocation affects the actual date mine gets physically built who knows.

Considering shipping time I am pretty much expecting a 21 model. Sadly I have failed to even find out the supplying dealer let alone any tracking info as the lease company won't divulge so no idea where it is in the process.

But as it only takes them, I don't know, 10 minutes to knock up each car? it could actually get built pretty near shipping time.. who knows.

1 hour ago, Rav Rob said:

My new one was ordered Start of August and has an expected date end of January. Apparently delay was due to my choice of Beige leather. How waiting for leather stock allocation affects the actual date mine gets physically built who knows.

Considering shipping time I am pretty much expecting a 21 model. Sadly I have failed to even find out the supplying dealer let alone any tracking info as the lease company won't divulge so no idea where it is in the process.

But as it only takes them, I don't know, 10 minutes to knock up each car? it could actually get built pretty near shipping time.. who knows.

Curiously just been advised by lease company car now expected mid Jan not end so progress I suppose. How long do they take to get here? I am assuming my 2021 is already built then..

1 hour ago, Rav Rob said:

Curiously just been advised by lease company car now expected mid Jan not end so progress I suppose. How long do they take to get here? I am assuming my 2021 is already built then..

Which is, I think, excellent news ... 😉

There's a post in another thread: 

that I'd interpret as indicating that Toyota are imminently or have very recently stopped building MY2021 cars in order to switch over to MY2022. They go on the suggest that any outstanding lease/fleet orders will be cancelled, and can be reordered (presumably for deliver around July / August)! Sad if one were waiting for such an order.

Build time is around 17 / 18 hours in the factory. Shipping time can be estimated at 8-10 weeks but there can be additional delays while the car waits for a berth and a sailing date.

From what your dealer says it sounds as though your car is, probably, at the docks if not already at sea ... 🙂

• Thanks 1

Just found this on the lease site, Stock date change "From 2022-01-29 to 2022-01-13" so your right.

To be honest not too bothered about not being 2022, its an Excel which already has more than enough luxury and toys. I think on the 2021 I gain android auto which my 2020 one missed out on so all good. Getting slightly excited now, even though its a swap from an almost identical one to another!

it looks like Toyota added Adventure trim  to  their website and updated the specs for the other trims

18 minutes ago, atartan said:

it looks like Toyota added Adventure trim  to  their website and updated the specs for the other trims

and Excel comes with temp spare wheel... Perfect ! .. I hope my order is 2022 specs

Not known which plants are affected, but see:

8 hours ago, atartan said:

It looks like the Adventure grade has the same size wheels as the PHEV looking at the tyre size and no spare, also as soon as you add anything to it or change colour the price is over £40000.

Just checked the Excel and that is also showing the larger tyre.

Snap4.jpg

Edited by Roger_N
Add info

7 hours ago, atartan said:

and Excel comes with temp spare wheel... Perfect ! .. I hope my order is 2022 specs

Which is as it used to be ... but as soon as you add a sunroof the spare is replaced by a TRK.

4 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Which is as it used to be ... but as soon as you add a sunroof the spare is replaced by a TRK.

When I ordered back in October with no sunroof, I was told I would get the repair kit

14 minutes ago, atartan said:

When I ordered back in October with no sunroof, I was told I would get the repair kit

Which is why I said used to be - in 2020 you'd get a spare until you added the sunroof; 2021 it was TRK come what may; for 2022 it's back to the way it was in 2020. I've no idea why it was TRK only in 2021 ... 😉

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

Which is why I said used to be - in 2020 you'd get a spare until you added the sunroof; 2021 it was TRK come what may; for 2022 it's back to the way it was in 2020. I've no idea why it was TRK only in 2021 ... 😉

Something to do with reassessing for WLTP emission rating I guess and trying to get the numbers to suit tax bands. When I got my 2019/20 under old system it was 103g/km with a full spare so OK in 100-104 band.

For 2021 they did stuff like put bigger wheels on which usually pushes CO2 up a gram too, so I guess they just couldn't ensure it was in band with the spare wheel weight too.

Perhaps for 2022 they tweaked the engine a tad and got enough leeway for both bigger wheels and spacesaver in the emissions.

Its interesting the same hybrid power system in the new 4wd Lexus NX gets 242bhp instead of 222bhp but also has higher emissions. be nice to have the same engine map in the RAV4!

• Like 1

This was another reason I went for design and not excel.   I wanted the 18inch with the bigger sidewall rather than 19 and definitely not 20.

I don't really understand the visual appeal of colossal wheels.  They just remind me of Noddy's car.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

This was another reason I went for design and not excel.   I wanted the 18inch with the bigger sidewall rather than 19 and definitely not 20.

I don't really understand the visual appeal of colossal wheels.  They just remind me of Noddy's car.

I would gladly choose an option for 18" and a spare rather than 19" too. Pity its not on offer.

• Like 1

My order as placed in August stated 133g/km without spare wheel. The spec for the 'same' car on the new 2022 page says 132g/km with a spare so some tweaks done for sure

Seems to be some other changes on the comparison for 2022 Excel, states electric passenger seat, my current Excel is manual. Also driver alert system, mine doesn't have that either.

... and just for fun, and to make things clearer, it says in the December Price List for the 2022 RAV4:

§§ Excel & Dynamic have 19" alloys and come with a tyre repair kit (TRK) as standard.

So who knows what is going on? 🙂

• Haha 1

It will also say somewhere in the small print that specifications are subject to change etc etc. 

4 hours ago, Rav Rob said:

Its interesting the same hybrid power system in the new 4wd Lexus NX gets 242bhp instead of 222bhp but also has higher emissions. be nice to have the same engine map in the RAV4!

That reminds me of years back when BMW owned Rover and let them put their diesels engines in.  Only slightly detuned 🤣

30 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

That reminds me of years back when BMW owned Rover and let them put their diesels engines in.  Only slightly detuned 🤣

And Pheonix in their wisdom never thought to negotiate for ongoing upgrades so were behind the competition with power outputs. 

34 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

But the didn’t use the BMW accessory components so that fuel pumps failed almost every 12 months, well they did in my Freelander, I had three fuel pumps all of which failed at the most difficult times. Never again would I buy a LR.