Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MY22 RAV4 update issued

Devon Aygo

Adrian, yes it was, I always wanted a LR and it was a present to myself but so disappointed by the reliability, cost of servicing and non existent support for the dealership. My worse car purchase ever so sad.

I had an MG ZTT and then a Rover 75 Tourer, both with the BMW Diesel and both were great cars. In fact I would go so far to say the MG was one of the very best cars I have had out of over 50 cars that have passed through my hands. 

• Like 1

It was always about cost cutting.  I had a zs180 based on the Honda Civic iirc except honda used a metal clutch cylinder bracket and Rover used a plastic one.  Which deformed after about 5 minutes.

We all fitted a Sheddist kit which was basically the Honda clutch parts.

The zS though was probably the best handling car I've ever had.  And the v6 was sweet.

Yes the ZS was a really good transformation from its Honda/Rover roots and showed how good MGR’s chassis and handling engineers were. When the Chinese bought the remnants of MGR they were unable to use the 45/ZS due to licensing from Honda. Apologies to the mods for thread topic drift! 

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

Yes the ZS was a really good transformation from its Honda/Rover roots and showed how good MGR’s chassis and handling engineers were. When the Chinese bought the remnants of MGR they were unable to use the 45/ZS due to licensing from Honda. Apologies to the mods for thread topic drift! 

We don't mention the ZS in our house. When it came out my wife amongst other things looked after the company car fleet in her job. Local MG sales were keen to promote the car so lent her one to try. It gained speed a lot easier than what she was used to and she got her first ever speeding ticket in it! (Chuckle!)

• Haha 1

If it makes you feel better I wrote it off in the world's slowest crash.

I was driving about 10mph past a parked tractor and I caught the edge of the plough sticking out.

10mph but it completely twisted the A frame beyond repair 🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

If it makes you feel better I wrote it off in the world's slowest crash.

I was driving about 10mph past a parked tractor and I caught the edge of the plough sticking out.

10mph but it completely twisted the A frame beyond repair 🤣

Tough but easy done.

I am due to order a new company car and can see on the lease website that the HEV RAV4 has recently changed to a 2022 model, whilst the PHEV remains as 2021. 

I’m really hoping that if I place an order for a PHEV that it will be automatically built as a 2022 model. Would be a shame to receive a car half way through next year in the older guise! 

7 minutes ago, Bcc212 said:

I am due to order a new company car and can see on the lease website that the HEV RAV4 has recently changed to a 2022 model, whilst the PHEV remains as 2021. 

I’m really hoping that if I place an order for a PHEV that it will be automatically built as a 2022 model. Would be a shame to receive a car half way through next year in the older guise! 

As far as we can tell, that simply isn't going to happen - there won't be a 2022MY PHEV (never say never but that is the way it is right now). If you want the next update to the PHEV you will need to wait and place an order for the 2023MY car (and even then that isn't certain to happen).

9 minutes ago, philip42h said:

As far as we can tell, that simply isn't going to happen - there won't be a 2022MY PHEV (never say never but that is the way it is right now). If you want the next update to the PHEV you will need to wait and place an order for the 2023MY car (and even then that isn't certain to happen).

Seriously? You mean at MY 2022 PHEV won't have the updated front-, fog-, and cabin lights???

Neglecting the difference in drivetrain, why would they let one model identical to the rest of the lineup fall behind???

In the Danish RAV PHEV forum on Facebook, people are talking about the MY 2022 getting the upgrades. I chose to hold of my order partly to get the improvements on the MY 2022 (or go full EV).

There is another thread on the forum which has a photo from the Toyota UK website which clearly shows the updated headlights and grille on the PHEV. However it is always possible it is a photoshop image Toyota are using and any differences will always be covered by the small print. You cannot also rely on the specification in one country being applied in neighbouring markets. The UK doesn’t get PVM, heated steering wheel or heated windscreen on the PHEV, others do. The image in the MyT app for my PHEV ordered in September and manufactured in October shows the new headlights and grille. Given its build date I wait to see if it will have them however I will let you know in 3 weeks when I collect it. If it doesn’t I will have a discussion with Toyota about misrepresentation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolai said:

Seriously? You mean at MY 2022 PHEV won't have the updated front-, fog-, and cabin lights???

Neglecting the difference in drivetrain, why would they let one model identical to the rest of the lineup fall behind???

In the Danish RAV PHEV forum on Facebook, people are talking about the MY 2022 getting the upgrades. I chose to hold of my order partly to get the improvements on the MY 2022 (or go full EV).

Nicolai, I have honestly no idea whatsoever what specifications will be available in Denmark (assuming that is where you are). My comments applied to UK specifications ...

However, you can't "neglect the difference in drivetrain" - in the UK, the HEV and PHEV are different models (see website, brochures and price lists). I suspect that the same may be true in Denmark. And in the UK this difference has created some "interesting anomalies" is specification and equipment between the two models.

At the end of the day, you should expect to get exactly what you have ordered and contracted to pay for ... 😉

In brochures, advertisements, etc the majority of vehicle manufacturers include disclaimers which cover themselves for using images that may not be to that country's specification and also for making changes to specifications without notice. 

20 hours ago, Nicolai said:

Look at the Mitsi Outlander. The facelifts on the standard and PHEV have always been out of sync. No idea of the details of why this happens but it does across other brands too.

21 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

In brochures, advertisements, etc the majority of vehicle manufacturers include disclaimers which cover themselves for using images that may not be to that country's specification and also for making changes to specifications without notice. 

Exactly and although I hope my PHEV has the 22MY upgrades, I am not holding my breath. We don’t know how the build is handled, the PHEV could have a dedicated assembly line or factory. If the upgrades are so important to you then wait until you have certainty. By which time the rumours of 2023MY upgrades will be surfacing (infotainment system improvements at a guess) and so on and so on. 

I've contacted Toyota about the MY2022 HEV in regard to a spare wheel and asked if it comes with one, as there is a difference between the price list for December 21 and the specifications on the web site, this is the reply.

"Hi Roger,
Thanks for your comment.
All MY22 RAV4 grades come with a spare wheel, except the Adventure grade.
However, if you add a panoramic roof, the vehicle with come with a Tyre Repair Kit.
Thanks"

23 minutes ago, Bcc212 said:

Very confusing. Looks like it stays the same whilst the standard rav gets a facelift. 

CF270746-41A0-48FF-A100-3BE6D96D4B50.jpeg

Thanks for posting and confirms what I had been told too. 

Having looked on other Toyota European sites, it looks like the PHEV does get the new headlights and powered passenger seat!

TBH, it's such a minor refresh you'll need to be a nerd like me to realise the difference!

The powered passenger seat was already part of the PHEV Dynamic Premium spec anyway but do not assume anything from other countries specifications. Wait until the car is in front of you! 

I have just been informed that my RAV4 is being built Dec 18. Will this be MY22?

25 minutes ago, BobP49 said:

I have just been informed that my RAV4 is being built Dec 18. Will this be MY22?

If it is an HEV, then yes, based on what we have been hearing it should be ... but you won't know for sure until you get it! 😉