Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MY22 RAV4 update issued

Devon Aygo

Just reading the standard spec for the phev dynamic premium which I have on order and it looks like the spec has changed sightly from when I previously looked - they’re now saying LED boot light as well as LED driver and passenger personal lights which i’m assuming is the map lights , all of which definitely were not standard on the demo car I had. I noticed the bad boot light straight away! Will be interesting to see if this is correct once orders start coming through, mine’s looking like April so far

1070713F-CFF5-4E4D-9096-2A90F3461009.jpeg

2 minutes ago, jamiem1987 said:

Just reading the standard spec for the phev dynamic premium which I have on order and it looks like the spec has changed sightly from when I previously looked - they’re now saying LED boot light as well as LED driver and passenger personal lights which i’m assuming is the map lights , all of which definitely were not standard on the demo car I had. I noticed the bad boot light straight away! Will be interesting to see if this is correct once orders start coming through, mine’s looking like April so far

That’s good news. When did you order yours? My Dynamic Premium was ordered around November and expected May 22 

1 hour ago, George baker said:

That’s good news. When did you order yours? My Dynamic Premium was ordered around November and expected May 22 

I ordered early november and the delivery estimate is early april… waiting patiently for the next update on the my t app!

9 hours ago, jamiem1987 said:

I ordered early november and the delivery estimate is early april… waiting patiently for the next update on the my t app!

Hi! Which country do you live in? Assume it's one of the Nordic countries as your trim is Dynamic Premium (I ordered the same). Have you received the update in MyT with renewed "processing order" status?

Dynamic Premium is also a UK trim - on the PHEV. I collect mine on Friday following a late September order. 

• Thanks 1

Hi all. I enquired with a dealer today about a new Dynamic Premium PHEV and they've said May is likely delivery time. Possibly late April. 

17 hours ago, jamiem1987 said:

Toyota have stopped all production on the current design RAV4's and all RAV4's from now on will be the new designed (mid-life facelift) front end (looks much better) with the LED lights and LED lights internally. If you google the "RAV4 Adventure 2022", you can see the new front end with the LED's, its much more aggressive looking.

16 minutes ago, nbn said:

Toyota have stopped all production on the current design RAV4's and all RAV4's from now on will be the new designed (mid-life facelift) front end (looks much better) with the LED lights and LED lights internally. If you google the "RAV4 Adventure 2022", you can see the new front end with the LED's, its much more aggressive looking.

Is this applicable to the HEV and the PHEV models? What does “from now on” mean? (If ordered a month ago and delivery May 2022) Also where did this info come from ? Thank you. 

Edited by George Dodds
More info

I received an email from my dealer on 1st November last, with details that my order, placed at the end of September, for an HEV, Dynamic would be the new MY2022 spec. Email listed changes. MyT still showing being processed and a projected delivery in mid March when order was placed. I know no more. I have a feeling it will be later than that

30 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Is this applicable to the HEV and the PHEV models? What does “from now on” mean? (If ordered a month ago and delivery May 2022) Also where did this info come from ? Thank you. 

We ordered a Hybrid RAV4 just before Christmas and we were told by the salesman that the current RAV4 design cars would be built uptill Christmas and all RAV4's that hadn't been built yet and due to start post Christmas would be the new facelift designed ones (2022). That definitely included the HEV models. My presumption is that PHEV would also be included unless i am wrong. We were more interested in the HEV model as that is what we are getting so i didnt drill him if that included the PHEV, but as they are on the same assembly line...

I also read the information regarding the 2022 model online, as i wanted to make sure the Salesman was correct.

It looks a much better design, many thanks for the info. 

I understand the PHEV and HEV are built in different factories….. 

59 minutes ago, nbn said:

we were told by the salesman that the current RAV4 design cars would be built uptill Christmas

Quote from Toyota GB on Toyota UK mag:

"ToyotaUKsays:

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your comment.
As the last production month for the Model Year 2021 RAV4 was November, your RAV4 should be Model Year 2022.
Your Toyota Centre should be able to confirm this.
Thanks."

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

I understand the PHEV and HEV are built in different factories….. 

Indeed they are, the HEV is built by Toyota Motor Corporation at their Takaoka facility whereas the PHEV is built by Toyota Industries Corporation at Nagakusa 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, NoRaVYet said:

Spoke to dealers 4th Feb my collection date! 

Great news, well done 👍

2 hours ago, NoRaVYet said:

Spoke to dealers 4th Feb my collection date! 

Could you wait for March and the new registration year? 

I had a call with them a month ago and asked the questions of it arrived in February could I postpone it. They said maximum they can do is delay it by 2 weeks as they don’t have much space for cars (which is true as me and my wife noticed they did not have any space when we went). 

54 minutes ago, NoRaVYet said:

I had a call with them a month ago and asked the questions of it arrived in February could I postpone it. They said maximum they can do is delay it by 2 weeks as they don’t have much space for cars (which is true as me and my wife noticed they did not have any space when we went). 

That’s cobblers and not your problem , you are the customer. It is more about them getting paid for the car. The car will be worth more at resale with the new reg. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2022 at 9:56 AM, Flatcoat said:

That’s cobblers and not your problem , you are the customer. It is more about them getting paid for the car. The car will be worth more at resale with the new reg. 

I would be pushing hard for the reg if my clutch on my current car (that will be my trade in) was not about to go pop. So currently I am hoping it gets here sooner than what they said.  Even so I am not overly concered about the reg being 22 would be nice but car will be changed in 2 years anyway. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

An updated MY22 HEV brochure is available to view online at the Toyota UK website. The downloadable version has not been updated yet, but likely to change shortly.

I’ve noticed the HEV has power height adjustable seats on the excel trim and above. There is no mention of this on the PHEV at any trim level, just the driver seat with the height adjustment. 

Has anyone got any info on this? I see the upper trim levels have the height adjustable seats over in the US now. 

Power-height-adjustable front passenger seat, copy from my PHEV Dynamic Premium spec ordered 7 Jan.

Thanks!

I assume it’s only in the higher trim levels on the PHEV then. 

It’s absolutely mind boggling that a £42k car lacks  height adjustable passenger seat. 

Let’s hope that all trim levels of the PHEV come with it. 

16 hours ago, Bcc212 said:

I’ve noticed the HEV has power height adjustable seats on the excel trim and above. There is no mention of this on the PHEV at any trim level, just the driver seat with the height adjustment. 

Has anyone got any info on this? I see the upper trim levels have the height adjustable seats over in the US now. 

As you say the excel trim HEV mentions height adjustable passenger seat, but manual not powered. No mention of passenger seat height adjustment in PHEV brochure.

I notice a February price list includes price rises for HEVs, so the Dynamic FWD HEV (with JBL / PVM option) I ordered in November has now gone up £2,900. Perilously close to the additional annual VED charge for vehicles over £40,000.