Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unable to cancel Mute on the sat nav of my Auris

ATF1979

Hi,

The sat nav of my 2017 Auris has the mute on, but the icon to mute/unmute the voice is greyed out, so unable to be used - so how to cancel the mute?

Thanks!

So the worlds largest car company is unable to make a simple on/off mute button.....

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 5:22 PM, ATF1979 said:

So the worlds largest car company is unable to make a simple on/off mute button.....

As with most other vehicle manufacturers, Toyota have their multimedia units made by one of their contractors (eg Panasonic) rather than manufacture the units themselves.

Why would you want to mute the sat nav?

I do not want it on mute - the previous owner must have had it on mute and even though I have gone into the menu and 'enabled' the voice and even though I have a destination in operation, it is still fixed on mute....annoying.

Does the volume up-down on the steering wheel not alter things, assuming you have steering wheel control for vol

On 11/15/2021 at 4:16 PM, Catlover said:

Why would you want to mute the sat nav?

I don't have built in nav' but, use my phone sometimes. When I am going somewhere on a route I know, but want alerts for congestion or a problem en route. I don't want turn by turn directions, unless diverted to avoid the problem. I can tell my phone to unmute directions when needed. I like to listen to my music uninterrupted, unless the driving priorities change.
To the OP, I assume you tried the unmute function whilst parked up and followed instructions in the owners manual? What about resetting the unit, removing the previous owners setup. Will that help?   

• 3 weeks later...

I finally have sound! took a long run, set a destination and mucked about with the volume ----.

• Like 2