Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fuel costs

Ells

does anyone agree that the petrol cost has gone up? it used to be cheap now it's not... ahhhh 

Well, if you only just noticed must mean you have plenty of it.... money that is.

Just now, Catlover said:

Well, if you only just noticed must mean you have plenty of it.... money that is.

sorry if i said something wrong... I have just started paying attention :) never used to be bothered until now

I think it’s been said it’s at its highest since 2008, I can’t remember that far back. 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, Catlover said:

I think it’s been said it’s at its highest since 2008, I can’t remember that far back. 🙂

ah okay. how are you today?

I doing ok Ellie. How long have you had the Sienna? Not a vehicle I am conversant with. Presumably it’s a people carrier type.

2 minutes ago, Catlover said:

I doing ok Ellie. How long have you had the Sienna? Not a vehicle I am conversant with. Presumably it’s a people carrier type.

it is yes. not long me and my partner share it as we are busy people during the days thats good your doing okay :)

It's not impossible that it will get even more expensive....but fortunately I'm largely untroubled by fuel costs as I'm retired and only do a few thousand miles in my Estima each year.

It's a 3 litre V6 so not the most economical of vehicles but for me worth every penny I spend on petrol...lol

1 minute ago, RUToyota said:

It's not impossible that it will get even more expensive....but fortunately I'm largely untroubled by fuel costs as I'm retired and only do a few thousand miles in my Estima each year.

It's a 3 litre V6 so not the most economical of vehicles but for me worth every penny I spend on petrol...lol

aha well done you. im 24 and I spend too much on fuel.. how are you?

*****... when I bought my first Yaris, diesel prices were something like 79p/L!!!!!!

That wasn't even 20 years ago!!! :crybaby: 

1 minute ago, Cyker said:

*****... when I bought my first Yaris, diesel prices were something like 79p/L!!!!!!

That wasn't even 20 years ago!!! :crybaby: 

awww hey

It’s seems like the fuel prices are at its highest ever as it’s anything else. You can zoom in but hold strong for something.,  BP at South Mimms services M25/J23, that from two days ago, just stopped for a coffee, not fuel for obvious reasons 🤣👌 

369A8387-FA44-4343-A540-D04CB682D3F6.jpeg

Shell v power last Saturday here was £1.60/litre near as damn it.

Which for us older ones brought up on imperial is £7.20/gallon.

Tried to zoom in on your pic Tony but can not see the price.

For comparison I go back to the heady days of 1973 when  a young me would fill up his 105e Anglia on payday for around £0.30 a gallon or £0.07/litre.

I had the petrol coupons for the Anglia issued due to the looming Suez crisis that never happened , so did not use them.

Along with that though,went the 3 day week , power cuts and around £20/week.☹️

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Shell v power last Saturday here was £1.60/litre near as damn it.

Which for us older ones brought up on imperial is £7.20/gallon.

Tried to zoom in on your pic Tony but can not see the price.

For comparison I go back to the heady days of 1973 when  a young me would fill up his 105e Anglia on payday for around £0.30 a gallon or £0.07/litre.

I had the petrol coupons for the Anglia issued due to the looming Suez crisis that never happened , so did not use them.

Along with that though,went the 3 day week , power cuts and around £20/week.☹️

Here I did it. Prices are beyond imagination, £1.70 per litre premium petrol, this is a robbery. 🤭

C9BA169F-85CD-4987-8843-77A2B4A52A6F.jpeg

• Sad 1

l can't remember how many years ago it was but I recall going to the petrol station just to fill up before the price went over £1 per litre! 

• Haha 1

@TonyHSD - Yeah, motorway services fuel prices have always been stupidly high; They've even somehow managed to carry that through to EV charging! (70p/kwH!!! :eek: )

The government are supposed to be looking into putting an end to that, as apparently people putting in a fiver's worth just to get to a sanely priced petrol station and then running out of fuel on our new Smart All-Lane Killer Motorways with Extra Congestion is suddenly a problem...

@RwP - Hold on I think I might still have some green shield stamps from back then... :laugh: 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Trewithy said:

l can't remember how many years ago it was but I recall going to the petrol station just to fill up before the price went over £1 per litre! 

aha :)

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Here I did it. Prices are beyond imagination, £1.70 per litre premium petrol, this is a robbery. 🤭

C9BA169F-85CD-4987-8843-77A2B4A52A6F.jpeg

thank you for replying :)+

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Cyker said:

@TonyHSD - Yeah, motorway services fuel prices have always been stupidly high; They've even somehow managed to carry that through to EV charging! (70p/kwH!!! :eek: )

The government are supposed to be looking into putting an end to that, as apparently people putting in a fiver's worth just to get to a sanely priced petrol station and then running out of fuel on our new Smart All-Lane Killer Motorways with Extra Congestion is suddenly a problem...

@RwP - Hold on I think I might still have some green shield stamps from back then... :laugh: 

If you have 20 or so books of them it might be enough to fill a Zippo 😊

Ah it was for gifts from a catalogue though wasn't it ?

Re the petrol price I remember being told that depreciation is the biggest cost of motoring , maybe it was at one time , but with the price of good recent cars going up , who knows now .

Crazy times indeed.

51 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Re the petrol price I remember being told that depreciation is the biggest cost of motoring , maybe it was at one time , but with the price of good recent cars going up , who knows now .

Depreciation, most likely, still is the biggest component, especially so the more frequently one "upgrades" to a new car. I don't have to drive to go to work, and I spend, probably 120 € a month on petrol depending on my activity. With 6 year old car depreciation is about 1000 € a year now, but the car when new carried a retail price of 23k€, and today is worth about 10k€. So over the 6 years fuel and depreciation are about equal, but the annual rate of depreciation now is less than the fuel cost, but before, say, when the car was 2 years old, it was t'other way round.

When I first started buying petrol I paid £1 for 4 gallons, how is that for inflation!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bos said:

When I first started buying petrol I paid £1 for 4 gallons, how is that for inflation!

Me too.!!...that would have been in the 1960's.

• Like 2