Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PHEV... how do you adjust the clock (time)

Nick72

Just realised the clock didn't automatically go back on the car. Had assumed that daylight savings would be programmed in or it would use NTP from its 3G adapter. 

Please don't tell me I also need to wind it up every few weeks.😂

• Thanks 1

On my HV its on the infotainment unit; Setup/General/Clock.

I thought it would have changed automatically; like yours it didn't, took me a while to find it.

• Like 1

On the 2019 RAV4. Tap on the numbers of the time on the central display and the menu pops up. 

I didn't know this, the wife just told me. Very impressed 🤔

• Like 1

I too assumed it would automatically adjust for daylight saving. It's under set up of the infotainment screen, I think clock is the first option. The time is set to automatic from GPS but it appears you need to toggle the daylight saving option.

• Like 1

Nick, sounds like you’re missing the key to wind it up I’m surprised it’s still working. It’s in settings, general, clock (I think) set it to update via GPS and it’s automatic.

6F1FDADD-0B87-44E2-B1D2-9243031F4DE3.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I see your daylight saving is set to off. Did that happen automatically? Mine is set to auto adjust from GPS but I had to manually toggle the daylight saving. Having said that, I only noticed about 10 mins into my journey this morning and changed it. I haven't driven since Saturday so maybe I wasn't patient enough.

• Like 1

Originally I had the daylight saving switched on and of course after the clocks changed I was a hour out. So I believe setting it as in the photo should allow the car clock to follow the GPS time and change automatically. I guess I’ll find out in 6 months to time? It’s not a great hardship to change it but if it has a setting to match the GPS that’s what I’d expect it to do?

• Like 1

Day light saving is needed to adjust the hour.

Auto adjust by GPS correctly sets the time when you cross an international border.

• Like 1

Thanks each I'm going to set it to GPS now. That's the best source of time.

Right. Just checked the set up. It was already set to GPS, daylight saving off. I selected DST which then added another hour! 1930 now rather than 1730!

So I think the problem was it was set to Central time zone whatever that means. Switched it to Greenwich and it's back to 1730 which was good.

So...

DST is off.

Time zone is Greenwich 

GPS update ON

Working now. Weird why it wasn't set up properly. 

4 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I tried the first one but apparently Toyota phased this out nearly 2 years ago 😂

20 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

Right. Just checked the set up. It was already set to GPS, daylight saving off. I selected DST which then added another hour! 1930 now rather than 1730!

So I think the problem was it was set to Central time zone whatever that means. Switched it to Greenwich and it's back to 1730 which was good.

So...

DST is off.

Time zone is Greenwich 

GPS update ON

Working now. Weird why it wasn't set up properly. 

Sounds as though 'someone' swapped time zones (to Europe Central Time) when they needed to switch on daylight saving ... you just can't get the staff these days.

Anyway, sorted now until spring ... 🙂

• Like 1

I really am surprised why the system does not take the GPS and set the time correctly without the owners intervention, but it’s easy enough when you understand what’s required.

• Like 1

Hi, can someone tell me where the key is to wind it up. ????????
looked between the exhaust pipes but nothing there at all.

😂😂😂😂😂😂 only joking

Terry

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Terry10 said:

Hi, can someone tell me where the key is to wind it up. ????????
looked between the exhaust pipes but nothing there at all.

😂😂😂😂😂😂 only joking

Terry

It's actually under the cargo panel. Next to the VHS longplay tracking dial used for the reversing camera loop.