Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 2022 Aygo X launched

FROSTYBALLS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

On the car configurator, I read 'S-CVT', do you know what it stands for, please?

I was very happy to see that at last Toyota gave up the MMT for a real proper automatic gearbox. But I hope it is not a cheap version of a CVT gearbox.

3 hours ago, zuh said:

On the car configurator, I read 'S-CVT', do you know what it stands for, please?

It's a CVT gearbox with Selectable modes e.g. Normal, Sport, etc.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I'm all for the Exclusive model, but cannot believe it does not have heated front seats (I am not interested in the Limited Edition) so that may also mean, no heated door mirrors !!  And, whose bright idea was it to omit the rear parking camera !!

Correction, it does have a reverse camera.  According to the Spec sheets, heated seats are only available on the Ltd Edition model and I can't see anywhere, that these can be added to any other model as a option add on.  If this is true, their missing out on extra revenue !!

However, if I do get one, I'll be requesting the dealer to check into this.

• 1 month later...

It is a very personal view but I am not sure I like the X over the previous version, I certainly like the front of the bonnet on the old which is a lot more pronounced than the curved in version on the X.  Then again I do have history on this because I preferred the old CRV over the new when Honda made the last change.

Some of the promotion photos make the new car look a little bloated, I know it is bigger but it doesn't mean the proportions need to look wrong.  It may just be the lens used for the photos or other factors so I will have to wait until I see one in real life to make up my mind.

As to my present Aygo, I have had it less than a month so I am still getting to know it particularly when it was a large step down in size from the CRV.  Often I still sit in the drivers seat with the key in my pocket looking for the start button and I still slam the door when I don't need to so I have not fully converted yet.

Strange how we can have different views on changes and so called progress.  The keyless ignition is an example, the Aygo would appear to be a step down but I prefer the key ignition and the fact I don't have to put the key in a shielded bag for piece of mind.

I don't dislike the new car and I am really please Toyota is staying with the Aygo but I need to see it in the flesh and see the packages in more detail before I show any real interest.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My new Aygo X Exclusive automatic is in order and due about August. Have added the JB sound system. Our old Aygo Blue is now 13 years old and given us excellent service.

We were a two car family and are reducing to one. I had a CH-R which I think is the best car I have ever had. Toyota Online have given me an excellent deal against the new Aygo. My wife has had an Aygo for 13 years and excellent service and we will sell that when the new one arrives. What I will save in motoring costs and the deal Toyota have given me means that in 8 months I will have saved more than the depreciation on the.CH-R and then go on savings.

On 1/25/2022 at 12:47 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

Correction, it does have a reverse camera.  According to the Spec sheets, heated seats are only available on the Ltd Edition model and I can't see anywhere, that these can be added to any other model as a option add on.  If this is true, their missing out on extra revenue !!

However, if I do get one, I'll be requesting the dealer to check into this.

I have an Aygo Exclusive on order. I have found you can get the seats converted to heated ones from a number of places. Cost is about £450 for the front seats including the seat backs.

Placed my order yesterday for Aygo X Exclusive Auto in Chili Red, delivery date currently shows 25th July.

The output on the cars stereo system was fine for me, once I played with the Base etc settings, so I decided not to go for the JBL upgrade.

1 minute ago, Donrald said:

I have an Aygo Exclusive on order. I have found you can get the seats converted to heated ones from a number of places. Cost is about £450 for the front seats including the seat backs.

Yep, already on that and have a few places noted that can do this.  I am going to see if they can fit the electric seats using the genuine Toyota Heated seat switches and have the switches in the dash like stock.  They should be easily sourced via the Toyota Parts Dept.

A few modifications already showing up for the Aygo X.  Particularly interested in the side door protection mouldings shown on the red Aygo X.

On 4/19/2022 at 8:49 AM, BobbyMcLeish said:

A few modifications already showing up for the Aygo X.  Particularly interested in the side door protection mouldings shown on the red Aygo X.

I like the red one and also many of the changes but I am really not sure about the styling, I think I prefer the previous style.  I certainly don't like the oval entertainment display and air vents.  Then again I ma very long in the tooth and perhaps they are trying to appeal to a younger market and it is still a lot better than the competition.

• 2 weeks later...

Been test drive on the new Aygo X Exclusive CVT for four hours today. Overall, the dashboard quite looking nice. The back seat is rather too small, back boot are disappointed. Sat nav seem ok but taking bit slower to start up. The CVT are pretty good but very high revvy punchy engine at motorway and uphill are very struggling with 1 litre engine. I can hear engine roaring sound. Terrible. The lane assist are quite good but if there is road work with cones, it will not work with that. Dangerous. Keep your steering wheel on hold during the road work with all the cones.

For £18k isn't worth it in my view this car more likely around £12K-£13k. Disappointed with Toyota not to put turbo engine on it. Come on!

1 hour ago, sedg said:

For £18k isn't worth it in my view this car more likely around £12K-£13k

Well, don't buy it - go for something else.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/4/2022 at 11:48 PM, sedg said:

Keep your steering wheel on hold during the road work with all the cones.

Should be holding your steering wheel at all times anyway!

• Haha 1

Disappointed with Toyota not to put turbo engine on it. Come on!

A lot of clued up buyers just don't want a small turbocharged petrol engine as no other vehicle manufacturer has made a modern reliable one yet & the press / various owners forums are full of horror stories.

All these modern small turbocharged petrol engines get tarred with the same brush, throw away rubbish & not suitable for long term ownership prospects.

Toyota are keeping it reliable & simple with the Aygo X power unit.

• Like 1

Yeah, and the Aygo is supposed to be the 'affordable' car so a turbocharger wouldn't make sense as that would increase the cost by loads (You can get aftermarket ones tho :naughty: )

Turbos are only good in diesels or sports cars; They're no good if you want a petrol engine with long term reliability.

• Like 1

I think “cheap” cars like that only make sense in the I basic trim spec, otherwise you will be  better off with Yaris hybrid especially if you are looking at automatic transmission. £14k for basic manual not bad imo. These days car prices are out of touch anyway. 

Yeah, especially since the Aygo X is basically a worse Yaris Mk2 :laugh:  I think the Mk2 might have more space too!

Been test drive on the new Aygo X Exclusive CVT for four hours today.

At the end of the day, the top of the range Exclusive was test driven, and isn't going to be targeting the 'value' buyer - for that one can go for the Pure which is around £3,000 cheaper whether in manual or automatic form, and certainly compared to the previous generation Aygo is better equipped, has a larger boot, and a bit more room inside.

htthttps://mag.toyota.co.uk/toyota-aygo-x-revealed/ps://mag.toyota.co.uk/toyota-aygo-x-revealed/

The base Yaris, although a hybrid, costs around £4,400 more than the base Aygo X auto - which at this price may well be beyond what a lot of prospective Aygo X buyers wish to spend.

• Like 2