Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smart Water Forensic Marking Registration

Catlover

Just seen that the registration is free for two years then the option to continue. What is the cost of registration after the two years?               
Anyone already have a protection plate fitted that then has to be removed for the forensic marking?  Did your dealer charge for removal of the protection plate?

The Smartwater marking is registered free for two years on a national database operated by the Centre for Infrastructure and Asset Protection. Presumably after the free period of registration, owners who don't renew, will have their details deleted from the database - which lessens the level of protection, in that Police will no longer be able to trace catalytic converters back to the vehicles they were stolen from. It doesn't mean that the Catlocs need to be removed.

Details of the database registration charges may be obtained from the Smartwater Group - https://www.smartwater.com/uncategorised/toyota-tackling-catalytic-converter-thefts/

I have a catalytic Toyota protection fitted. Dealer also did the smart water treatment with no problems. Smart water treatment took 30 mins. I seem to recall Joe you do not have a Toyota catalytic protection plate fitted. Does the plate fitted to you car cover all of the catalytic converter? The dealer who did mine told me they did not have to remove the cat protector to do the smart water.